- Texas A&M offered Chad Mavety
- Vanderbilt offered Marcelys Jones & Sam Mustipher
- Stanford offered Sam Hubbard & Nick Chubb
- Braden Smith visits Ohio State
- Alex Bars visits Florida State
- Dontavius Blair visits Alabama
- Kyle Allen invited to the 2014 U.S. Army All-American Bowl
ESPN $ - No Webb of mystery, Damon is all OSU '14 MI DB Damon Webb
- By Bournival.....Talks about being a Buckeye commit from Michigan. Calls Ohio State his dream school & is recruiting Drake Harris and Jamarco Jones.
ESPN $ - Detroit 2015 RB Mike Weber plans two trips '15 MI RB Michael Weber
- By Bournival.....Visiting Ohio State on 4/6 with Damon Webb. Also wants to visit Notre Dame in the Spring.
ESPN $ - Big 2015 Cass Tech QB set to visit OSU '15 MI QB Jayru Campbell
- By Bournival....Has offers from Alabama, Eastern Michigan, Michigan State & Notre Dame. Says out of all the schools that haven't offered, tOSU is showing the most interest. Potentially visiting tOSU on 4/6, but a date hasn't been set yet. Grew up an Ohio State fan & really wants an offer.
ESPN $ - Georgia DT Williams has tentative top 5 '14 GA DT Chris Williams
- Has a current top 5 of Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Ohio State, Tennessee and South Carolina...plans to visit Ohio State sometime in the Spring.
ESPN $ - Four schools at the top for DB Peppers '14 NJ DB Jabrill Peppers
- Has a top four of Stanford (July 12th), Ohio State (April 5th), Michigan (April 3rd) & LSU (April 12th)
Kyle Allen NFTC Highlights
Ohio State basketball made it as a number two seed in the West Region, which will only help both coaching staffs, football and basketball, when it comes to the recruiting front.
Throughout the course of the Big Ten Tournament, which began on Thursday and ended Sunday, head coach Urban Meyer and his coaching staff were keeping busy, continuing to pursue athletes across the country. With spring practice still going on, and as we near the 2013 version of Ohio State's spring game, more visits will be taking place in and around Columbus.
Speaking of visiting, '14 RB Joe Mixon released his top 15 favorite schools on Friday, a list that Ohio State made the cut in. The other schools that Mixon has cut down to are: California, Georgia, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, UCLA, Washington, Arizona State, Notre Dame, Oregon State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Arkansas, Clemson, Tennessee and USC. Mixon also has told the media he will visit Ohio State for sure, which is good news for the Buckeyes.
The 6'2", 195-pounder rushed for 1,443 yards on 201 attempts last year, scoring 20 times on the ground. Mixon also caught 18 passes for 383 yards and 6 touchdowns. If that wasn't enough, he also played both ways, garnering 23 tackles, one sack and two interceptions. He was simply all over the field throughout the entire season.
The 2013 recruiting class was a successful on every level, but coach Meyer made it clear he was disappointed at the lack of offensive linemen signed. The Buckeyes are trying harder to land the best linemen in the country in '14.
After making it clear to the media that coach Meyer and his staff weren't entirely pleased with how they recruited offensive linemen, Ohio State has made signing that particular position a focus point in the class of 2014. It started off quickly, with '14 OL commit Marcelys Jones and '14 OL commit Kyle Trout giving their verbal pledge to the Buckeyes and since then, coach Meyer hasn't taken his foot off of the gas.
While looking for new talent, there's no harm in taking a JUCO route, which is exactly what the staff may have in mind with '14 JUCO OL Chad Mavety. Ohio State offered Mavety recently, February 1st, and has since been in constant contact with the star lineman. Checking in at 6'6", 320-pounds, Mavety is rated a 4-star and the second best player in the country for the JUCO level. Mavety also holds an offer from perennial power Alabama, including just about the rest of the country: Florida State, Michigan State, Miami, Oklahoma, West Virginia and many more. Most recently, Mavety received an offer from Rutgers (March 15th) and Connecticut (March 6th).
We spoke with Mavety, to catch up on his latest updates on where schools stand, and in particular, what his interest level is with the Buckeyes: