Newly Offered: Sherrod Pittman (hudl)
Elijah Hood Junior Highlights
- Stanford offered Alex Bars
- NC State offered Lorenzo Carter & Quincy Wilson
- Arkansas offered Shai McKenzie
- Jacob McCrary & Kc McDermott attends Junior Day at Miami
- Drew Barker, Derek Kief & Damien Harris attends Junior Day at Kentucky
- @Derek11W 2014 Ga RB Nick Chubb no longer visiting OSU this weekend.
- @Derek11W Chubb and family were going to drive up to Columbus this weekend. OSU and Chubb decided a visit for a spring practice would be better.
- 2014 Four star OT Jamarco Jones @jjones_73 : "Michigan, Ohio State and Illinois stopped by today! Wolverin”
- @jjones_73: Ready to be in Columbus
- @JebBlazevich: #Clemson letters from yesterday #MuchAppreciated http://t.co/Jtik429P
- @ShaiMcKenzie_ Great night! OSU in the morning
- Clifton Garrett “@CG340: Going to #OhioState in 2weeks”
Rivals (Free) - Buckeyes offer Florida Sophomore
24/7 $ - Recruiting heats up for DT Moten '14 FL DL Anthony Moten
- Arkansas and Rutgers have offered and Alabama said they would offer after signing day...went to Miami's junior day and says South Carolina stands out right now....had a cousin play for Florida.
Scout $ - Scott adding offers '14 NC RB Derrell Scott
- Most recent offer from Notre Dame. Top 4 of South Carolina, Ohio State, Notre Dame & Tennessee (in that order).
Scout $ - Webb still wanted '14 MI DB Damon Webb
- Says he loves the atmosphere, tradition & coaching staff at tOSU. Still hearing from Michigan, Michigan State & UCLA, but again says he will not be visiting any other schools. Visiting Columbus on 2/15.
Scout $ - FSNextTv: Conley Talks Buckeyes '13 OH CB Gareon Conley
- Recaps signing day & what it means to be part of such a great class. Says he's being recruited as an ATH & isn't sure what side of the ball he'll play on yet.
Scout $ - Trout gives the latest '14 OH OL Kyle Trout
- Was supposed to visit Notre Dame last weekend, but had to cancel. Grew up an Ohio State fan & says they are his leader. Unsure if he'll commit this weekend, but plans on graduating early & enrolling in January.
Scout $ - Offers continuing for Watson '14 IL LB Kyron Watson
- Offers from Kansas, Missouri & Illinois. Also hearing from Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State & others.
Linebacker recruit Mike Mitchell has all the tools at a position where Ohio State needs help (cleveland)
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State recruit Mike Mitchell is … different.
“It's a unique family,” linebackers coach Luke Fickell said.
Mitchell, from Plano, Texas, is the sixth of nine children, all with M names -- Missi, Mandi, Monte, Matt, Michelle, Mike, Mickey, McKinley and Morgan.
“His dad is a very unique guy,” Fickell said. Mitchell's father, Ken, played in the NFL with the Atlanta Falcons and has climbed Mt. Everest, but Ken says Mike gets his athleticism from his mother, Candy.
“He's going to bring some very unique tools,” Fickell said.
They would have been ranked second and played for the national championship against Notre Dame; they could have competed with anyone and they would have beaten the Irish.
You don’t agree?
Oh, what about Alabama? As fantastic as three out of four titles is, and without taking away from how good those teams were, if it weren’t for two consecutive years of BCS chaos that worked in their favor the Tide would have rolled elsewhere in a January bowl game both of the last two seasons.
Vonn Bell, the five-star cherry on top of Meyer’s recruiting class, mentioned it himself at his press conference after telling the world he was headed to play for Meyer at Ohio State.
Their mission: Win the BCS National Championship.
Their target: Alabama.
Someone actually asked Meyer, “Are you declaring war on Alabama?”
Bell, the safety from Georgia who chose Ohio State over Alabama and Tennessee, had helped provide the premise for the question earlier in the day.
“Urban Meyer’s on a mission right now to win a national championship,” Bell said. “We’re gonna try to beat Bama and everything so we’re gonna meet them at the national championship.”
Strong words - and be careful what you wish for - but don’t be surprised. Matter of fact, it’s as safe a bet as you can make before anyone takes a snap at spring practice.
Urban Meyer came to Columbus to salvage one of the nation's biggest college football programs. He's undefeated so far, on and off the field, after another successful Ohio State Football recruiting effort.
Meyer is known as a mastermind recruiter who built the mid-2000s Florida Gators teams that won two national championships. Despite that success at Florida, Meyer has the ability to do something he couldn’t finish at Florida: build a dynasty.
The savvy recruiter constructed the second-best recruiting class in the nation in 2013, according to 247 Sports' composite rankings. That’s an immediate improvement from last year’s impressive seventh-ranked class. It’s also the result of the Buckeyes’ immense success under Meyer in his first season at the helm in 2012.