Newly Offered: Joe Mixon (hudl)
- Stanford offered Lorenzo Carter
- Florida State offered Alex Bars
- Michigan State offered Nick Glass
- South Carolina offered Thaddeus Snodgrass
- Ohio State offered Joe Mixon
- Kentucky offered Cortez McDowell
- Derrell Scott offered
- Quenton Nelson & offered
- Nebraska offered Jacob McCrary
- Mitch Hyatt & Jamarco Jones offered
- Florida & Vanderbilt offered Anthony Moten
- Florida offered Kentavius Street
- '14 VA DE Jalyn Holmes has Florida and Ohio State as the two that standout.
- Kentavius Street rated 90 by 247Sports
- Anthony Moten rated 90 by 247Sports
- David Bell rated 90 by 247Sports
- Drake Harris, Malik McDowell, Michael Weber, Jayru Campbell & Lawrence Marshall unofficially visits Michigan State for their game against Michigan
- Tom Crean from Indiana & Rick Pitino from Louisville visits Jaquan Lyle
- @clarkbmichael 4-star RB Elijah Hood's top schools in order are Notre Dame, North Carolina, Clemson, Ohio State with Georgia Tech & Michigan tied at the 5th spot.
- @Derek11W 2014 QB Caleb Henderson let me know he talked to Coach Meyer recently. He will visit #OhioState March 2-3. #Buckeyes
247 $ - Co-favorites for Demarre Kitt '14 GA WR Demarre Kitt
- Says this was his best visit...will be graduating early...recaps his Clemson visit as well.
Scout $ - Bars will be busy this spring '14 TN OL Alex Bars
- Most recent offers from Florida State & Stanford. Wants to visit South Carolina, Florida, Ohio State, Tennessee & some others before deciding this summer. Has brothers at Penn State & Michigan.
Scout $ - 2014 Focus: Orlando Brown Jr. '14 GA OL Orlando Brown Jr.
- Highlights of Orlando at the UA All-America Combine. Top 8 of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon & South Carolina.
24/7 $ - Holmes opens things up '14 VA DE Jalyn Holmes
- Florida likes him at TE, OSU said he could play TE or DE, most other schools are saying DE...has been to the in-state school several times plans to see UNC and OSU in the spring and the Florida schools this summer.
Scout Video $ - FSNextTv: Worley all about the Buckeyes '13 OH LB/S Chris Worley
- Believes he has a chance for early playing time at the STAR position. Loves the family atmosphere at OSU & talks about being part of the #1 recruiting class.
Rivals $ - Tight Race '14 GA LB Raekwon McMillan
- Plans to visit OSU this spring and should know his top school as well as new top 5 by then...recaps his recent Clemson visit and says he will now announce this fall and enroll early.
Scout $ - Hood talks top schools '14 NC RB Elijah Hood
- Likes Coach Drayton & the fact that tOSU has one of the largest fan bases in America. Also likes the Business program at Ohio State & believes they will be a top team for years to come. Will focus on these six schools (posted above) and wants to make a decision ASAP.
104. Speedy Noil
107. Mason Cole
109. Saeed Blacknall
113. Marquis Ware
120. Edwin Freeman
122. Sam Mustipher
128. Myles Autry
129. Bryce Dixon
130. Johnnie Dixon
141. Derrell Scott
143. Natrell Curtis
145. Moral Stephens
148. Trevion Thompson
151. Mikale Wilbon
152. Tony James
153. Drew Barker
156. Dante Sawyer
157. Dravon Henry
158. Nick Watkins
159. Shai McKenzie
160. Austin Roberts
162. Jamardre Cobb
164. Jeb Blazevich
165. Quincy Wilson
170. Anthony Moten
174. Reilly Gibbons
177. Garrett Dickerson
180. Nick Richardson
182. Jesse Aniebonam
183. Roderick Johnson
184. Jimmy Byrne
194. Darius West
196. Donte Thomas-Williams
198. Thaddeus Snodgrass
199. Chris Hardeman
200. Brandon Simmons
202. Dallis Todd
204. Kyle Berger
205. William Crest
209. Mikel Horton
213. Parrker Westphal
217. Kyle Trout
225. Dominique Booth
228. Erick Smith
233. Cortez McDowell
236. D'Andre Payne
239. Kalvarez Bessent
240. Kevin Mouhon
250. CJ Reavis
Ohio State's 2014 Dream Team: Offense (espn insider)
QB- Deshaun Watson
RB- Elijah Hood
WRs- Jalen Brown, Demarre Kitt
Slot- Marshon Lattimore
TE- Jeb Blazevich
LT- Orlando Brown Jr
LG- Sam Mustipher
C- Natrell Curtis
RG- Braden Smith
RT- Damian Prince
After a pretty wild Sunday that saw the good guys land the commitments of talented 2014 recruits offensive tackle Kyle Trout, defensive end Lawrence Marshall, as well as and running back Parris Campbell, Monday was a relatively quiet day in the world of Ohio State recruiting news – at least at first.
Late Monday evening, Ohio State received their third commitment of the 2014 class when 6-10 big man David Bell picked OSU over DePaul and others. Bell, who did not play as a freshman and has battled injuries, really turned heads the past couple months with his post play. Before the Bell news, another talented 2014 recruit announced the Bucks had made his short list. Jalen Lindsey, a long 6-7 190 lb five-star wing out of Christ Presbyterian Academy in Nashville, Tennessee announced Vandy, UT, NC State, Georgia, Auburn, Providence, Florida, Louisville, and LSU. would join Ohio State as potential landing spots for the 5-star forward.
Quick Update on Drake Harris (the m block)
I was able to have a quick chat with elite 2014 WR Drake Harris tonight. Harris is currently committed to Michigan State but most feel that commitment won't stick now that he will focus only on football. Committed 2014 Michigan QB Wilton Speight has been talking with Drake about switching his commitment to Michigan and I asked Drake about those conversations.
"Wilton was just like, 'I want a top receiver like you to be able to throw the ball to.' He also said that I should hit him up sometime when he's in Ann Arbor and maybe me and him can meet up and throw. I will probably do that when he comes up here."
Drake also told me that he doesn't really have a top team right now but he is "very interested in the University of Michigan." Wilton has told me that he promises he can get Drake to commit to Michigan so this will be a fun situation to monitor.
2015: Daniels Off to Good Start (scout)
Warren Harding (Ohio) class of 2015 center James Daniels already has one offer along with a host of BCS programs looking his way.
James Daniels is a 6'3, 250-lb center just coming off a sophomore year, his first full varsity year, where he started every game and did not give up a single sack, even against Ohio State commit Billy Price.
"My freshman year, I played a couple snaps on varsity. Last year, where I started every game, I think I did pretty good because my first game, the person in front of me was going to Ohio State. I had to get it together real fast or else I'd get beat."
After a successful campaign, Daniels has already started hearing from colleges, and has a scholarship offer to his name already.
HS recruit receives 54 letters from Ole Miss in one day (orlando sentinel)
Like most talented high school football players in the country, Clifton Garrett is earning a lot of attention from colleges across the country.
The 6-foot-2, 218-pound linebacker from Plainfield South High in Plainfield, Illinois is a four-star recruit in the class of 2014 who has received offers from more than a dozen schools including Arizona State, Illinois, Michigan State, Notre Dame and Ole Miss.
In fact, it’s Ole Miss which according to Garrett, sent him 54 letters – all handwritten –in one day.
That’s right, in one day.
Garrett tweeted out a photo of his one day mail haul on Saturday.
It shouldn’t shock anyone that a college program would inundate a high school recruit with letters, but 54 in one day seems a bit extreme. Imagine being his mailman.
Maybe it explains how Ole Miss landed a top five recruiting class on National Signing Day that included four five-star recruits.
2 more offers more Bates (goupstate)
LB Dillon Bates of Ponte Vedra, FLhas added Texas and UCLA to his offer sheet while gaining interest from Southern Cal. The increased attention has him reevaluating his future. "I kind of had an idea (who my favorites were) but now that these new schools are offering and showing some interest, I want to see how it plays out," said Bates. "South Carolina is still definitely involved." Bates continues to speak with Steve Spurrier, Jr. and would like to visit USC soon. "If I can't make it up there for a junior day, I'll probably go during the spring," he said. He has visited Tennessee and Miami for junior days and heads to Florida this weekend. Bates other offers include USC, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Virginia, Florida International, Florida Atlantic, Maryland, UMass,Colgate , Florida, West Virginia, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Tennessee, Miami and North Carolina.
Davidson makes return visit to USC (goupstate)
Amongst the crowd Sunday at the Colonial Life Arena in Columbia for the USC-Tennessee basketball game was Gaffney WR Shaq Davidson. Davidson was back in Columbia for the second straight weekend after attending the junior day the previous weekend. Davidson said he had minimal contact with the football coaches Sunday at the game but got plenty of football information on the prior visit. "I got to know the coaches better and they talked to my dad about school and other stuff," Davidson said. Davidson is scheduled to go to Georgia Saturday but if his basketball team wins Wednesday, he won't be able to make the visit. He's supposed to go to North Carolina the next weekend but again, that depends on his basketball schedule. And he plans to attend Clemson's next junior day March 2nd. Davidson said at this point USC remains the leader. "USC is up top right now with Georgia, North Carolina, Notre Dame and Ohio State," he said. "They make me feel at home when I'm there and I like the coaching staff and atmosphere. And they have nice facilities." Davidson wants to trim his list to five by the start of football season.
Scott likes Clemson (goupstate)
ATH Artvais Scott (5-11 180) of Tarpon Springs, FL has offers from Clemson, USC, Georgia, Florida, Florida State, Soiuth Florida, Central Florida, Ohio State, Mississippi State, Michigan, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, Indiana, West Virginia and Arkansas among others. Scott visited Clemson recently for a junior day. "I had fun and I got to see snow," said Scott. "I had a great time with the coaches. It's a great school. It seemed like a family so it was pretty cool." He heads to Michigan next week for a junior day and it will be his third trip to Ann Arbor. "I like everything they bring to the table," he said. "It's a tradition and they play in the biggest (stadium) in the country so that's pretty cool." Scott has not heard as much from the Gamecocks but he would like to visit. "When I've talked to them, they've told me how they want me to come there and just kept me up-to-date on what's going on," said Scott. He did not name a leader.