Marshon Lattimore Interview
obviously that visit didn't happen today
- @Derek11W 2014 DE Lawrence Marshall just confirmed to me he has committed to #OhioState
- @Alex11W Lancaster (OH) OL Kyle Trout @Trout75 has committed to #OhioState
- @ZClark_LGHL 2014 RB Parris Campbell tells me he just committed to Ohio State. #Buckeyes
- @MarcGivlerBG Make it THREE for #OhioState. Akron (OH) St. Vincent-ST. Mary ATH Parris Campbell is a #buckeye
- @Rivalsfriedman In no order, 2014 #Rivals250 five-star DT Andrew Brown's top 10 #Alabama #Clemson #Florida #FSU #GT #Michigan #UNC #OhioState #UVA #VT
- Jaquan Lyle unofficially visits Ohio State
- Raekwon McMillan will visit Miami next weekend
- NC State offered Andrew Williams
- Texas offered Dillon Bates & John Bonney
- Vanderbilt offered Drake Harris & Derek Kief
- Tony Brown & John Bonney attends Junior Day at Texas
- Chad Mavety will visit Ohio State on April 6th
247 first-team All-American
- Andrew Brown
- Quin Blanding
- Lorenzo Carter
- Drake Harris
- Malik McDowell
- Raekwon McMillan
- Nyles Morgan
- Braden Smith
- Edward Paris
- Jabrill Peppers
- Da’Shawn Hand
- Damian Prince
- Kc McDermott
- Tyler Luatua
- Jalen Hurd
247 second-team All-American
- Deshaun Watson
- Drew Barker
- Demarre Kitt
- Mason Cole
- Derrell Scott
- Elijah Hood
- Nick Chubb
- Nic Weishar
- Jamarco Jones
- Andy Bauer
- Clifton Garrett
- Damon Webb
- Jalen Tabor
- Mark Andrews
- Solomon Thomas
- Jalyn Holmes
- Kain Daub
- Michael Ferns
- Jamal Adams
- Laurence Jones
- Speedy Noil
Scout$--Trout a Buckeye '14 OH OL Kyle Trout
- Kyle confirms.
Scout $ - Kitt to OSU's Junior Day '14 GA WR Demarre Kitt
- Says the best part of the trip was visiting with the coaching staff. Will visit again in the Spring.
Scout $ - Marshall Explains Buckeye Commitment '14 MI DE Lawrence Marshall
- Loved his visit & committed to Coach Meyer in his office. 100% Buckeye and plans on recruiting Malik McDowell.
Scout $ - Campbell Talks Ohio State Pledge '14 OH RB/ATH Parris Campbell Jr
- Says he wasn't expecting to get offered this weekend, but accepted immediately. Plans on recruiting Jamarco Jones & Dante Booker.
ESPN $ - 2014 Safety Bonney on Texas Junior Day '14 TX DB John Bonney
- Recaps his visit to Texas. Will visit Ohio State, Northwestern, Auburn, Auburn, UCLA, Baylor & Texas in the Spring. Wants to decide before his upcoming season.
ESPN $ - Several big 2014 names enjoy OSU visit
- Jamarco Jones says Ohio State is definitely high on his list & had a great visit.
- Demarre Kitt says again that tOSU is his top 2.
- 2015 RB Damien Harris says it's the best visit he's been on.
247Sports 2014 All-American Team (247sports)
The second annual 247Sports All-American team for the Class of 2014 features many of the top college prospects and high school football players in the country from the 2012 season.
The state of Virginia leads the way with three first-team selections, followed by California, Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan and Texas with two each. Alabama, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Mississippi, New Jersey, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee also are represented on the first team.
The 247Sports All-American teams are distinctly different from the 247Sports prospect rankings. The teams are based on two main criteria- production on the high school football field and college projections. The rankings are long-term projections for prospects based on highest possible ceiling and upside.
“The All-American team is a combination of highly thought of prospects and players who turned in terrific seasons on the field,” 247Sports Director of Scouting Gerry Hamilton said. “It’s a nice blend of the cream of the crop prospects that were productive and a few prospect not as heavily recruited that turned in sensational campaigns. The difference with the All-American team, and the 247Sports prospect rankings is the rankings are a long term projection of prospects with player development and continued ascension being the key.”
There are 10 repeat first-team selections from the 2012 Class of 2014 All-American team, including Leonard Fournette, Da’Shawn Hand, Damian Prince, Cameron Robinson, Andrew Brown, Raekwon McMillian, Jabrill Peppers, Marlon Humphrey and Quin Blanding.
BuckeyeNation Week in Review
- Urban Meyer is still the closer.
- Introducing RecruitingNation's No. 3 ranked recruiting class.
- It's the best OSU class since ESPN started its rankings.
- Ohio State and that school up north were the definite class of the Big Ten in this recruiting cycle.
- The secondary, with the addition of Vonn Bell on signing day, could be incredible.
- The defensive line isn't too shabby, either.
- New Buckeyes WR-RB Dontre Wilson is the latest to get the Percy Harvin comparison, writes Austin Ward. (And maybe the closest comparison to the former Gators star.)
- There were some tense moments, but the Buckeyes held on to Ezekiel Elliott.
- They did lose two players who were verbally committed -- WR Taivon Jacobs and punter Johnny Townsend, who flipped to his favorite team growing up, Florida, after a late offer came in. (And despite rumors to the contrary, his family said he did have a commitable Ohio State offer. If he had signed, the Buckeyes had until August to get one spot to get to the 82-scholarship limit.) Townsend committed to the Buckeyes on the day BuckeyeNation launched last June.
- A look back at our live blog from signing day.
- ESPNU's RecruitingNation breaks down two big winners on signing day (spoiler: Ohio State is one).
- Jalin Marshall showed at the Under Armour game that his transition to receiver is going well so far.
- New Buckeyes safety Jayme Thompson did a TweetChat with Brad Bournival and BuckeyeNation readers.
- Recruiting never takes a break. It's on to 2014 with a big junior weekend in Columbus. Here are Brad Bournival's top five for the Buckeyes in 2014.
- The top 10 recruiting schools since ESPN began ranking players in 2006.
- Urban Meyer has the reputation, but Luke Fickell also showed why he's one of the country's top recruiters.
- Kerry Coombs added a job title as special-teams coordinator.
- A look at the top five and bottom five recruiting moments from the 2013 cycle.
- The Buckeyes' class did lack depth at offensive line. That will be a definite focus for 2014.
- An Illinois defensive end received an offer, as did a junior-college OT.
- Meyer and Brady Hoke agree that unlimited correspondence is not a positive development in recruiting.
- The new playoff committee will have between 14 and 20 members.
- Meyer doesn't think most Big Ten schools do a good enough job in recruiting. (Plain Dealer)
- More night games? Meyer thinks that would help. (Dispatch)
- Johnny Townsend set the record straight in his own words. (TheOzone.net)
- Florida State did its best to try to flip LB Christopher Worley from the Buckeyes, writes Tim May. (Dispatch)
- The recruiting process was trying on Ezekiel Elliott and his family. (Dispatch)
- Meyer's recruiting secret? He listens, writes Rob Oller. (Dispatch)
- He and Tom Herman are messin' with Texas. (Land Grant Holy Land)
- OL Joey O'Connor's new college home will be Colorado State, much closer to home. (Coloradoan.com)
- Ohio State and Michigan belong in the same division, writes Doug Lesmerises. (Plain Dealer)
- Is this possible? Michigan signee Reon Dawson says he'll be a Buckeye "until I die." (Detroit Free Press)
- Seven former Buckeyes were invited to the NFL scouting combine. (Lantern)
- Eleven Warriors had a lengthy Q&A with Michigan AD Dave Brandon about the Big Ten's future.
- Tim Hardaway Jr.'s hot streak kept the Buckeyes from a season sweep in an epic OT battle at Michigan.
- Today, No. 1 Indiana is in Columbus to cap a huge week.
- Where was Deshaun Thomas at the end of the Michigan game? (Dispatch)
- But despite the loss, the Buckeyes showed a lot of progress, writes Bob Hunter. (Dispatch)
- Aaron Craft is a Bob Cousy award finalist. (OSU)
The Gang's All Here
- The school made a subtle change to its logos. (Plain Dealer)
- Tickets for the spring football scrimmage in Cincinnati go on sale March 1. (Dispatch)
- The women's basketball team had a big double-overtime win. (OSU)
- The Buckeyes hockey team is on en epic road trip this weekend to Fairbanks, Alaska, after a big weekend series against Notre Dame. (Lantern)
- The women's gymnastics team had one of the best meets all season but fell just short against No. 3 Michigan. (OSU)