The Best Of The Midwest Combine was today with Marshon Lattimore as the top performer and Marcelys Jones was ranked 4th. Lattimore also won the MVP for the DB's and did it on only three hours of sleep. Read this (free) 247Sports article to check out all of the Tops At Best Of The Midwest. Damon Webb, Lawrence Marshall, Jayru Campbell and Mike Weber were unable to attend due to their bus breaking down.
- Lattimore says he prefers CB at the next level. (Hamilton did not specify if it was over WR, S or both.)
- tOSU OG commit Marcelys Jones came in at 6-3, 320 today. Says he will take visits - just to be sure. Has lost 10 pounds too.
- Glenville S Erick Smith is here. Weighed 183 today with a 4.4 pro-agility shuttle
- Lonnie Johnson ran a 4.52 (hand timed).
- Cleveland Glenville standouts Marshon Lattimore and Erick Smith are obviously high on Ohio State.
- Smith plans to visit Michigan in next couple weeks and Tennessee for a spring practice.
- (also reported) Gary West Side WR/DB Lonnie Johnson goes 4.52
- Quarterback: Noah Wezensky
- Running Back: Devine Redding
- Offensive Line: Kirk Barron and Noah Dominique
- Wide Receiver: Bo Hines
- Tight End: Teammates Darryl Long and sophomore offensive tackle Rob Dowdy
- Defensive line: Junior Berry
- Linebacker: Chris Frey
- Defensive Back: Marshon Lattimore
Just got finished with this "Best of the Midwest" camp in Indianapolis, I won MVP for DB's— Shon (@_Shon2) February 18, 2013
I was at that camp off of 3 hours of sleep smh— Shon (@_Shon2) February 18, 2013
Best Of The Midwest Combine position MVP's twitter.com/bigbrook/statu…— Greg Brookey (@bigbrook) February 18, 2013
Damon Webb, Lawrence Marshall, Jayru Campbell, Mike Weber, and others were unable to attend the combine because their bus broke down.— Miles 11W (@Miles11W) February 18, 2013