11W staff, great work, everyone. I really had a great time spending my time on the site and interacting with all the other members and visitors to the site on the live blog. The gray boxes were up-to-the-second, the ticker on top was amazing since the James Clark announcement gave me a huge surprise when I found out he committed. So, to those at 11W, BRAVO!!!
Now, with my second part, I am not trying to downplay anything that was done, far from it. I just noticed a few things that may be able to make future NSD at 11W a little less hectic, especially in the live blog, which seemed to get its fair share of
trolls shenanigans. Below are just a few suggestions, and I implore any one else who has a reasonable suggestion to bring it out below. Again, I am putting these down when they are fresh in my mind and I am not downplaying how the day was run, as it was near as close to perfect as possible. Keep in mind, these ideas are very raw as well.
Maybe there could be a box next to the ticker that is fixed and contains some of the following information:
1) # of scholarships remaining after LOI's have been sent in, how close we are to the scholarship limit, especially with the sanctions limiting our moves
2)Who has yet to sign their intent/quick road map of announcements for certain players (yes, i know, that was mentioned in the forums, etc)
3) Short little blurbs, like 'Staff Notes' that include information pertaining to announcement times, players left, feelings of commits/flips, links to certain announcements, etc.
I only say this because, as some of you know, I cannot tell you how many times I read the following questions (paraphrasing, of course):
1) Alex, what is up with EZE?
2) Alex, What is up with Townsend
3) how many scholarships/slots do we have? Are we at 83, 82, 81? If xxxxx commits, does that put us at ##?
4) When is the announcement for EZE? (which caused responses of 4p.m. and 5p.m. because of the mix-up of EST and CST, myself included, haha)
Among other questions.
I just kind of focused this on a more of a FAQ type of deal. The contents of the fixed box next to the ticker can be gauged by the staff as to what questions are being asked an absurd amount. Just a little suggestion to maybe make the next NSD a little easier for the staff, and also for the new people to the site and those who missed the previous questions and asked again instead on looking a little further back in the blog because, lets be honest, when something happens, the blog can get flooded with happy buckeyes and one question/answer could be lost in the internet forever.
So any thoughts on that? any suggestions from other patrons' experiences? I for one loved the atmosphere and am forever grateful for the coverage that was given to me on this day. These suggestions are just to maybe make the day a little easier on staff and a bit less hectic.
Again, thank you, 11W staff.