Newly Offered: Matt Finnin
Newly Offered: Jaden Gault
Interview with Corn Elder
- Notre Dame offered Derrell Scott
- Arkansas offered Nick Chubb
- Louisville offered Deshaun Watson & Damien Harris
- Maryland offered Kyle Berger
- Illinois offered Austin Roberts
- Florida offered Josh Malone
- Florida State offered Montae Nicholson
- Alabama & Florida State offered Ezekiel Elliott
- Greg Mattison from Michigan visits Parrker Westphal
- Mike Tressel from Michigan State visits LJ Scott
- Northwestern visits Drake Harris
- Will Muschamp from Florida visits Ryan Timmons
- Mack Brown & Major Applewhite visits Dontre Wilson
- Mississippi State & Georgia visits Nick Glass & Orlando Brown Jr.
- Brady Hoke and Darrell Funk from Michigan visits Nick Watkins
- Ohio State visited Damien Harris yesterday
- Everett Withers visits Vonn Bell
- Kirby Smart & Greg Brown visits Vonn Bell
- Curt Mallory from Sam Mustipher & Jessie Aniebonam visits
- Urban Meyer & Kerry Coombs visits Drew Barker, Lakota East HS (Jarrett LaRubbio), Lakota West HS (Mikel Horton), La Salle HS (Derek Kief), Mason HS (LB Matt Stewart, OL Elijah Nkansah & DB Corey Quallen), Elder HS (Devin Pike) , Sycamore HS (Greg Simpson & Tinashe Bere), Colerain HS (Dylan Wiesman, Travon Hudson & George Brown Jr.) & Winton Woods (Daniel Cage)
- Luck Fickell & Mike Vrabel visits St Vincent-St Mary HS (Dante Booker & Parris Campbell Jr) & Glenville (Marcelys Jones, Chris Worley, Erick Smith & Marshon Lattimore)
- @alex11w: #Oregon commit WR Darren Carrington Jr. will NOT visit #OhioState this weekend
- @Kevin_Noon JUCO OL Matt Finnin has just informed me that he will not take a visit to the #Buckeyes and remains solid in his commit to #Nebraska
- @AllenTrieu #OhioState offers 2014 #Wisconsin commit Jaden Gault
Scout (Free) - The Final 2013 Midwest State Rankings
Scout (Free) - The Class of 2013 Final Midwest Top 150
Scout (Free) - Top 25 Recruiting Roundup (1/31) (Moved up to #2 with the commitment of Corey Smith)
BN $ - Another Michigan Star Thinking OSU '14 MI DE Lawrence Marshall
- Visiting OSU 2/9...Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State highest on his list.
Scout $ - Harris Has Many Visitors '14 MI WR Drake Harris
- By Trieu....Coaches from Tennessee, Florida, Michigan, Ohio State & Northwestern have visited him recently. Says he really likes Coach Coombs & is being told he's tOSU's #1 WR prospect for 2014.
ESPN $ - Huskers commit Finnin ponders new offer '13 JUCO OT Matt Finnin
- 100% committed to Nebraska. Won't be visiting.
We're officially less than a week away from National Signing Day 2013. While some questions remain up in the air (like where Dontre Wilson's surprise visit to Texas came from, supposedly just weeks after he told them "thanks, but no thanks"), others, such as when certain commits are going to announce where they'll be playing their college football, are rapidly becoming clearer and clearer.
In the last few days alone, we've gotten clarity on when WR/ATH Ryan Timmons would be tipping his hand, when Buckeye target WR James Clark would make things official, and even when Ezekiel Elliott, he of having just visited Missouri two weeks before Signing Day (and Ohio State commit), would be making things officially official. Of course, there are are plenty of unknowns out there too: how far is Urban Meyer willing to push the bar from a roster sense under the pretenses he'll have (or be able to help create) additional churn? Can the Buckeyes make do on the offensive line if they aren't able to replace Joey O'Connor in the 2013 class? And will Kerry Coombs and Mike Vrabel get the long overdue Red Bull endorsement contracts they so sorely deserve?
We'll start with something we got a few emails about in the last day or so, and that's clarifying what the next six days will look like in terms of who's committing and when. These are all certainly prone to change at any moment, but as of now, this is what we know specifically about which 2013 Ohio State targets will commit:
Dontre Wilson plans to make an official visit to Texas this weekend, but that doesn’t mean the all-purpose back from DeSoto, Texas, has written off Ohio State.
“Yes, Ohio State has a chance,” Wilson’s high-school coach, Claude Mathis, told The Dispatch by text message last night.
It probably won’t be over until Wednesday, the first day that national letters of intent can be signed. Wilson committed to Oregon but is reconsidering since coach Chip Kelly left for the NFL. Texas entered the picture recently after another recruit switched his commitment to Texas Christian.
Running back Ezekiel Elliott of St. Louis, who committed to Ohio State but visited Missouri last weekend, has gone mum on whether he plans to stay with the Buckeyes.
Ohio State is interested in Lakota East junior offensive lineman Jarrett LaRubbio, according to Lakota East coach Rick Haynes.
LaRubbio, who is 6 feet 5 and 265 pounds, has offers from Akron, Pittsburgh, Bowling Green, Toledo and Ohio University. He was second-team all-district and first-team all-GMC in 2012.
Ohio State coach Urban Meyer and assistant Kerry Coombs were at Lakota East earlier today, according to Haynes.
With National Signing Day less than a week away, the rush of coaches trying to sway Ridgeland High All-America safety Vonn Bell is reaching its peak. Coaches from all three of Bell’s finalists — Alabama, Ohio State and Tennessee — are scheduled to be in town Thursday to make their final pitch for his signature.
College coaches are not allowed to have contact with recruits after this weekend, giving prospects a three-day period of silence to make their decision before Wednesday morning. The head coaches from Bell’s finalists have already used their one allotted personal visit with Bell, but assistants from all three of his finalists will meet with him Thursday.
Ohio State co-defensive coordinator Everett Withers was at Ridgeland on Thursday morning and left campus to meet with Bell’s father, Vincent, at his job.
When Chip Kelly announced that he was resigning as head football coach of the University of Oregon football program to become the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, Dontre Wilson de-committed to Oregon.
The Desoto High School (TX) all-purpose running back opened up his recruitment and has trimmed the list to 3-schools: Texas, Ohio State, and Oregon.
According to Rivals.com, Wilson is a 4-start recruit who is the 100th ranked recruit in the country.
I spoke to his high school head coach, Claude Mathis, this afternoon. Mathis said he expects Wilson will choose between the Longhorns, Ohio State, and Oregon on Sunday.
Urban Meyer walked into Palm Beach Central High School on Monday and got some bad news from hotly recruited Broncos junior offensive tackle Kc McDermott.
"Are we in your top five?" the Ohio State coach asked, according to a source's account of the meeting.
"No, sir," McDermott replied, never losing eye contact.
Meyer responded, "Are you considering us at all?"
"No, sir," McDermott said.
Even the most famous college football coaches should expect similar conversations with several Palm Beach County players during the next year. The county's 2014 class of prospects, one of the top local classes in recent history, could boast more than 35 FBS signees next year, up from an expected 25 or so this year.