Won't be back till tonight to do a final update. Not much going on today.
- @LukeStampini Look for Ohio State HC Urban Meyer in SoFla Monday. Dwyer HS, Kc McDermott, Joey Bosa, Quincy Wilson the likely stops. #Buckeyes
- @alex11w Hearing great things about Dontre Wilson's #OhioState visit
- @alex11w 2014 Lancaster (OH) OT Kyle Trout @Trout75 was offered by #OhioState on his visit today http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/football/2013/01/kyle-trout-offered …
- @JHopkins247 Ohio State is out in front early for 2014 WR Dallis Todd after an offer
- Tennessee offers Drake Harris
- Michigan State offers Shai McKenzie
- Nebraska & Iowa State offers Dallis Todd
- Virginia Tech offers Dillon Bates
- Alabama offers Nick Glass
- Kentavious Street & Johnathan Lloyd attends Junior Day at East Carolina
- Joey Duckworth & Enoch Smith Jr. attends Junior Day at Illinois
- Mikale Wilbon unofficially visits Nebraska
- Dante Sawyer, Raekwon McMillan, Demarre Kitt, Nick Glass & Orlando Brown Jr. unofficially visits Alabama
- Natrell Curtis & Jalen Brown attends Junior Day at Arizona State
Scout $ - West Hearing From Several '14 OH DB Darius West
- By Berk....Coaches from Penn State, Indiana, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, West Virginia, Louisville, Michigan State & several MAC programs have visited him recently. Has visited Ohio State and plans on visiting Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Arkansas & West Virginia.
Scout $ - Thompson is wide open '14 NC WR Trevion Thompson
- By Clark...Latest offer is from Notre Dame, which puts him around 15. Says he's wide open & no longer has a top 3. Plans on deciding close to NLOID.
Scout $ - Video: Johnson Talks Recruiting '14 IN ATH Lonnie Johnson
- By Trieu....Says his top school is Ohio State & loves everything about the program. Visiting Illinois today & Ohio State on 2/2. Plans on deciding around this coming NLOID.
Scout $ - Buckeyes Offer Trout '14 OH OL Kyle Trout
- By Scott....Kyle's dad confirms the offer. Was supposed to visit Toledo after tOSU, but canceled that visit.
Ohio State Football Recruiting: Breaking Down Battle for Cornelius Elder (bleacher report)
Ohio State 2013 process of recruiting is coming to an end soon and it's time to break down the battle for Cornelius Elder.
The 5'10", 165-pound athlete played running back and safety in high school, as well as basketball at Ensworth High School in Nashville.
The possibility of Elder opting to play basketball on the next level complicates matters in recruiting him, as his talent on the court is getting notice at the collegiate level.
Elder named the schools that are recruiting him on the hardwood: "Western Kentucky, MTSU, College of Charleston, Northeastern and Florida Gulf Coast,” he said.
No one other than Elder knows whether he will play basketball or football, but clearly the Buckeyes are hoping for the latter.
Elder is a waterbug athlete who could play either defense or offense. He's incredibly fast and the Buckeyes are seemingly closing in on him.
Ohio State Football Recruiting: Why Buckeyes Need to Sign Vonn Bell (bleacher report)
Vonn Bell is one of the best uncommitted players in the nation, and if Ohio State football wants to improve its defense, it needs to sign him.
Bell is the 27th overall player in the nation and the second-ranked safety, according to 247 Sports.
The 6'0", 190-pound safety is considering Tennessee and Alabama, in addition to Ohio State,
Bell is considered an elite safety, with incredible athleticism. He has great ball skills and is already comfortable in coverage, according to B/R's Full Ride
It's clear that the Buckeyes need Bell. Their defense ranked No. 76 in the nation in passing yards allowed per game. That's worse than it looks, because the Big Ten conference lacks elite passers.
Bell has the kind of elite talent that could make him an instant starter in Columbus. He has NFL-type skills and would add a dynamic playmaker to the Buckeyes secondary.
Ohio State was an elite team last season, going undefeated. NCAA sanctions kept it out of the championship game, but they surely would have been there otherwise.