Jalen Tabor Junior Highlights
- Oregon will visit the trio on Wednesday. They will have their work cut out to flip Hall, but locking up Wilson and offering Ayers would be big.
- Dave Biddle is feeling good about Skipper: For OL recruit Dan Skipper, all 6-10 of him, it's looking like two-team race between OSU and Arkansas. Urb v Bielema? Advantage: Buckeyes.
- Mike Mitchell picked up his 5th star in new Rivals100
- Buckeye scheduled to visit Ryan Timmons tomorrow, Timmons coach is expecting an offer.
- Florida State offers Marcelys Jones
- Penn State offers Alex Bars
- Demarre Kitt unofficially visits Auburn
- Oregon offers Demarre Kitt
- Michigan visited Nile Sykes
- Urban Meyer visits Dontre Wilson
- 2014 WR Drake Harris says Alabama and Ohio State are coming to visit his school tomorrow.
- Clifton Garrett named Ohio State his leader at the Core 6 Showcase
- WR James Clark said he will most likely not visit Florida this weekend. Said he might not go to any school at all. Will decide by Wednesday on what to do.
- Dan Skipper had a very good visit to Ohio State. Hung out with Mewhort, Decker, O'Connor, and others.
- Florida offers Damien Harris
Rivals100 of note:
#26 Mike Mitchell (5-star)
#32 Vonn Bell (5)
#35 Jalin Marshall (4)
#39 Cam Burrows (4)
#47 Joey Bosa (4)
#84 Ezekiel Elliott (4)
#89 Eli Apple (4)
#90 Evan Lisle (4)
#100 Dontre Wilson (4)
Scout $ - Ohio 2014 LB Kyle Berger Update '14 OH LB Kyle Berger
- By Berk...Coach Hoke was at his basketball game but didn't get to speak to him...talks about OSU, Michigan, MSU and wants to hear from Stanford.
24/7 $ - Ducks push to top 2 for Hunt '13 CA OL Cameron Hunt
- Thinks Coach Helfrich is a great hire for Oregon...favors Oregon and OSU but say Cal can close the gap with a good official visit.
24/7 $ - Michigan Checks In On Dickerson '14 NJ DE/TE Garrett Dickerson
- Says Michigan is recruiting him the hardest after swinging by his school and plans to visit this spring or summer.
Rivals $ - Dabo sees five-star '14 GA LB Raekwon McMillan
- Still ranks them in order as Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia, Alabama and USC...recaps the visit he made to Clemson last year with his grandmother.
24/7 $ - Bama official a success for Bell '13 GA DB Vonn Bell
- Vonn's father says the family enjoyed the visit and getting to know Coach Saban and the tradition of the program...Butch Jones visiting today and will visit Tennessee next weekend.
BN $ - Offer? Timmons And Herman To Meet '13 KY ATH Ryan Timmons
- OSU staff to visit tomorrow...also considering Kentucky, Illinois and Florida.
Ohio State recruiting: State Secrets 1/21 - Donovan Munger is all Buckeye(land grant Holy land)
The weekend brought some interesting news on the recruiting front, in the form of 2013 Buckeye commit Donovan Munger taking an official visit to Florida State.
At first, the official visit to Florida State looked like a pretty big deal. '13 DL commit Donovan Munger was pretty low-key on how he handled this, not mentioning he was going until he was actually already in the Sunshine state. The good news, however, is that Munger sat down with Ohio State offensive coordinator Tom Herman and talked about the visit as well as ensuring he was still a Buckeye. Munger's response was that he was "all-Buckeye" and Ohio State had nothing to worry about. As a former Florida State commit, he probably just wanted to perform his due diligence one last time. From all accounts however, Munger remains very loyal to Ohio State.
The Buckeyes got an early offer in to '15 WR/ATH George Campbell on Sunday, giving Campbell a total of nine scholarship offers. The teams that have offered included Florida, Florida State, Michigan, N.C. State and more. The 6'5", 190-pound star is already turning heads and making a name for himself on the gridiron.
In 2012, as a sophomore in high school, Campbell caught 30 passes for 766 yards with 5 touchdowns. On the defensive side of the ball, Campbell added 57 total tackles. Check out his highlight film down below:
'13 WR James Clark has been a pretty big target for Ohio State the past week and a half or so, and as we continue getting closer to National Signing Day, the Buckeyes are still in contention. Currently, OSU ranks in Clark's top five, which consists of Florida, Clemson, Ohio State, Northwestern and Nebraska. We've heard good things coming out of the Clark camp, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that the Buckeyes are the favorites. It's been no secret that Coach Meyer has made it clear he wants Clark to be apart of the 2013 class, but we won't find out about Clark's intentions until National Signing Day.
Another 2013 recruit the Buckeyes are chasing is '13 OL Cameron Hunt. The 6'5", 275-pound behemoth has Ohio State in his top three which he lists as Cal, Ohio State and Oregon. Hunt will be visiting Cal this week and has been mentioned as saying that the Ducks and Buckeyes lead at the top for now. The Golden Bears can put themselves back into that mix after this week, which might be perfect, considering National Signing Day is only two weeks away. As of now, Hunt remains committed to Cal, but I have to say Hunt is either going to end up at Oregon or Ohio State.
Finally, '13 RB Dontre Wilson isn't the only other athlete that the Buckeyes want to get their hands on in the class of 2013. '13 WR Darren Carrington, currently an Oregon commit, is being pursued by Coach Meyer and co. following the departure of Chip Kelly. Offensive Coordinator Tom Herman will be down to visit Carrington and his family for an in-home visit.
This could be a huge momentum shifter, considering Carrington may take an official visit to Ohio State after Herman's appearance. If Herman's meeting goes well, and Carrington can make it for an official visit, I see no doubt where Carrington becomes a Buckeye in the class of 2013. The 6'3", 180-pound Carrington is the country's No. 130 overall prospect in the 247Sports rankings but has yet to receive an offer from Ohio State.
Empire Q&A: Dillon Bates (buckeye empire)
In Buckeye Empire’s latest Q&A, I spoke with the 2014 4-star, 6-3 218-pound OLB Dillon Bates out of Ponte Vedra High School (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL). Dillon is the son of former Tennessee Volunteers 4-year starter and Dallas Cowboys safety Bill Bates. According to 247sports.com, Dillon has a 91 overall rating, is ranked the 214th best overall player in the country, the 15th best outside linebacker in the country, and the 23rd best overall player in his home state of Florida. Dillon was one of the most intellectual prospects I’ve spoke with, and any college would be getting a player not only committed to working hard on the field, but also striving for perfection in the classroom. Buckeye Nation, get to know this hard-working, highly-regarded 2014 Buckeye target here: