Newly Offered: John Bonney (Hudl Highlights)
Myles Autry Junior Highlights
- Washington offers Natrell Curtis
- Indiana offers Daniel Cage
- Kyrin Priester & James Clark officially visits Clemson
- Cameron Hunt officially visits Oregon
- Vonn Bell officially visits Alabama
- Tom Izzo from Michigan State visits Gavin Schilling
- Corn Elder Will take GATech visit on Jan. 27th but tOSU and UCLA still are leaders
- @alex11w #OSU OL coach Ed Warinner will be watching the Lancaster basketball game tonight to see 2014 OT Kyle Trout in action"
- AJC writer is reporting that Kirby Smart to Philadelphia for Eagles DC position is very likely. Would be interesting given that Vonn is at Alabama today.
- @MarcGivlerBG #OhioState has offered class of 2014 safety John Bonney out of Houston (TX) Lamar HS #buckeyes
- assistant coach Tim Hinton in Tennessee today. Dropped by Beech Senior to check on super 2014 RB Jalen Hurd.
- @JakeRoweRivals 2014 Cedartown RB Nick Chubb says that #MichiganState offered yesterday and #OhioState dropped by yesterday.
BN $ - Three Glenville Buckeyes? '14 OH S Erick Smith
- By BK...has offers from Ohio State, NC State, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Cincinnati, Indiana, Louisville and West Virginia...projects as a safety.
BN$--Hurd getting major attention '14 TN ATH Jalen Hurd
- Jalen says Florida, Ohio State, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt will definitely be in his final group. He says he grew up a Tennessee fan.
Rivals $ - Watson reacts '14 GA QB DeShaun Watson
- Not upset about Clemson looking at a QB for 2013 because they told him a week ago...continue to have a great relationship with Coach Morris...says if he were to leave he would turn his attention to Ohio State and Auburn...also looking at Oregon, Tennessee and Cal.
BN$--Versatility is 2014 Autry's Game '14 GA ATH Myles Autry
- Myles has offers from Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Miami, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, South Carolina, and Tennessee. He says tOSU is his leader but that can change at anytime.
Scout $ - Robinson Twins Will Take Trips '13 CA S Tyree Robinson & '13 CA LB Tyrell Robinson
- By Gershon....Interview with their high school coach....Says the twins will take an official to USC this weekend, followed by Ohio State & Washington. Will announce on NLOID.
Scout $ - Smith Talks Buckeye Offer '14 OH S Erick Smith
- Video by The Bank.....Being recruited by Coach Drayton & is building a good relationship with him. Says he likes Coach Meyer a lot & really likes his sense of humor. Also has offers from West Virginia, NC State, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Indiana & Illinois. Also talks about his relationship with Coach Ginn.
ESPN $ - 2014 safety Bonney gets Big Ten offer '14 TX DB John Bonney
- By Khan Jr.....Honored by the offer & says he watched tOSU a lot in 2012. Being recruited by Coach Coombs as a corner & would like to visit soon.
Scout $ - Buckeyes First 2014 Commit Speaks '14 OH OL Marcelys Jones
- Video by The Bank....Talks about committing on Christmas morning & what led up to that. Says he's still open to other schools and was recently offered by Alabama State & Louisville, while also hearing from Florida State.
Scout $ - Lattimore Talks Recruiting '14 OH ATH Marshon Lattimore
- Video by The Bank.....Offers from Toledo, Ohio State, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Indiana, Penn State, NC State, Michigan, Michigan State, Louisville, UCLA & others. Says distance won't play a factor and is looking for that 'at home' feeling. Doesn't have a preference about playing offense or defense in college, but says he likes playing defense.
Ohio State recruiting: State Secrets, 1/18 - an offer for Devin Lauderdale (Land Grant holy Land)
National Signing Day is only a few weeks away for the class of 2013 and Ohio State has its eyes set on a couple of high profile names. That won't stop them from turning some of their attention to the class of 2014, however, as they proved by offering four more recruits.
The flood gates for Ohio State's class of 2014 are starting to break wide open. With two commitments in the class of 2014 already secured, the coaching staff is looking to make the '14 class one to remember. If you need any proof at all, just take a look at their recent activity in the recruiting battlegrounds. Offering a bevy of recruits that included '14 RB Parris Campbell Jr, '14 DE Soloman Thomas, '14 S Erick Smith, and '14 ATH Kiy Hester.
To expand a little bit, there's some confusion going on about Campbell and if he actually received a scholarship. At this point, I think it's safe to say that even if he doesn't have one at this time it will be happening soon. Smith is another prospect from the Cleveland-Glenville pipeline that continues to loom large for the Bucekyes in 2014. If you remember Christmas day, '14 offensive lineman Marcelys Jones, a Cleveland-Glenville product, became Urban Meyer's first 2014 commitment. His teammate, '14 cornerback/wide receiver Marshon Lattimore, also had previously been offered by the Buckeyes. Now safety Smith has confirmed that he received an offer from Ohio State. There's no doubt in my mind that all three have a very good chance to be Buckeyes by the time it's all said and done.
We've got highlights galore (thank *you*, Internet) for you to feast your eyes on of the aforementioned offered recruits:
There was also some big news in the class of 2013, with the Buckeyes pursuing yet another wide receiver from the current class in '13 WR/DB Devin Lauderdale. Lauderdale, a former Texas Tech commit, eliminated the Red Raiders after Tommy Tuberville and Neil Brown departed. The craziest thing about the Lauderdale offer is that the Houston, Texas area product will be in Columbus *this* weekend and taking an official visit from Sunday through Monday. That sure was fast.
There's also an update on '13 RB Dontre Wilson. Wilson's now officially-officially setting his visit to Ohio State:
We can't overstate how important it is for Coach Meyer and his staff to land visits from the recruits they covet. Official visits (which they can only take five of their senior years) are especially powerful as those can have that athlete looking at the world through scarlet and gray glasses in no time.
Finally, we can't forget about '13 ATH Cornelius Elder when it comes to figuring out who the Buckeyes are still keying in on. The 5'10", 165-pound speedster recently named Ohio State and UCLA as his top two finalists. After visiting the Buckeyes this past weekend, perhaps Elder is the answer to the staff's questions at receiver or just about any position that is in need of depth. If Elder were to join the Buckeyes, I would certainly put him in the receiver category. The two-sport star has said that basketball is his first love, and would listen hard to basketball coaches across the country. While Ohio State has only offered him for his talents on the gridiron, I have to wonder if Matta might try to help the Buckeyes out by offering Elder a scholarship as well. Though he could also be dropping hints that he's favoring UCLA for their storied hoops past. Stay tuned.
DeSoto RB Dontre Wilson to meet with Ohio State coaches, visit Columbus campus next week (Dallas News)
DeSoto running back Dontre Wilson will meet with Ohio State coaches at his home Thursday night, his father Don Wilson said.
He’s also planning to visit the Ohio State campus on Jan. 25.
Wilson has been committed to Oregon since May and said Thursday that he remains committed to the school. But the departure of head coach Chip Kelly to the NFL has caused Wilson to continue evaluating colleges.
“I’m still committed to Oregon,” Wilson said, “but I’m going to take some visits.”
In addition to Ohio State, Wilson said he might also visit Oklahoma State.
Asked how likely he is to stick with Oregon, Wilson was noncommittal.
“I can’t really say that right now until I take those visits,” he said.
Wilson was announced as SportsDay’s Offensive Player of the Year at the SportsDayHS Heroes Banquet on Thursday night. He rushed for 1,892 yards and 37 touchdowns to lead DeSoto to the 5A Division I state semifinals.
Ohio State Recruiting Board and Official Visit Update (The buckeye Battle Cry)
We’re back again with another 2013 recruiting board update thanks to Urban Meyer’s mile-a-minute recruiting style.
First things first, it seems like the staff is preparing for the worst; GA S Vonn Bell staying south.
It also seems like JUCO WR Corey Smith may not be as close to a sure thing as I assumed earlier in the week based on reports following his official visit.
That would open up two, or potentially even three spots in the class.
The third would be available if things fall through with an offensive lineman.
The offers to receivers are certainly going out right now like the staff is preparing to fill at least two additional spots in the class.
First priority for one of those spots is reserved for TX ATH Dontre Wilson.
Ohio State has already put together a great recruiting class for 2013, but it will be even better with the addition of Vonn Bell.
According to 247 Sports, the safety is a 4-star prospect and is the No. 3 safety in the nation. However, his impact would go beyond just that.
Bell is an incredible playmaker in the passing game. He has great closing speed that allows him to take risks and make up for it later. In addition, he can make a play on the ball when quarterbacks attempt to throw past him.
In addition, the young player already has very good hands for his position and has the ability to force a lot of interceptions at the next level.
Last season, Ohio State struggled at defending the pass. The defense ranked No. 76 in the nation in passing yards allowed per game, which was especially bad considering the lack of elite passers in the Big Ten.
While the team did force 14 interceptions, it could use even more if it wants to take a step toward being elite.