Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Browns 2017 Roster Discussion

+4 HS
DonJuan's picture
May 31, 2017 at 4:38pm
59 Comments

I can honestly say that last year's Browns team was the worst football team I've ever watched. There are some better college offensive lines than what the poo they threw out there which was evident by RGII getting broken in half and Kessler concussed all year. They upgraded the line in free agency which is a good sign but who knows how it pans out.

Quarterback: Like every year in Cleveland, quarterback is a shit show but we're suppose to be optimistic. Kessler just isn't good enough to be a starter and I think everyone knows it. I honestly haven't watched much of Osweiler, but if he can't succeed with the offensive talent in Houston, he is really going to hate Cleveland. Kizer seemed like the typical Browns pick, like going to a fancy restaurant but ordering the cheapest thing on the menu and expecting it to be great.

Receiving: They let their best WR (Pyror) walk away and replaced him with a herd of rookies/2nd year players and Kenny Britt (you know, the guy you picked up off waivers in week 8 after he gets 14 points, but he only gets you 2). So the starters will Be Coleman and Britt, hoping Ricardo Louis or another young guy breaks out. I'm still confused why they were not willing to pay Pryor 13M, but dished out almost 20M for Osweiler and a 2018 2nd round draft pick. I do think Njoku will be a fine player, but not enough to make a huge difference in 2017.

Defense: I think Garrett/Sheldon/Ogunjobi/Ogbah will actually be a great pass rushing line, especially with Jamie Collins blitzing. The issue will still be run defense as they didn't really improve much in that area. Haden is a good corner, but he is no longer a top CB that can be on an island and neither can Jamar Taylor so they will be relying on Garrett and company to get to the QB quick. The thing I was looking forward to the most this year was watching Jabril Peppers prove he sucks, which is now ruined because he is on the team I root for so thanks a lot Browns.

I think this is a 3-4 win football team, but it will actually be watchable unlike last year especially if Garrett proves he was worth the #1 pick. They have 12 draft picks next year, 5 being in the first two rounds, so I still think we are a year away from a team worthy of playoff goals. What do you guys think?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/what_the_browns_depth_...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 59 Comments