Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Browns Changing Uniforms (Again)?

+6 HS
Earle's picture
March 28, 2017 at 11:06am
109 Comments

In a Forum topic worthy of the offseason, the Cleveland Browns appear to be moving down the path to another uniform reboot.

CleveScene.com probably has the best summary of the news.

Two years ago the Browns threw a weird-ass party at the convention center to unveil their new uniforms, which were almost immediately mocked and panned. From the hue of the helmet to the "Cleveland" on the chest of the home jerseys, there was very little in Nike/Cleveland's redesign efforts that fans liked.

The Browns, in ever Brownsian fashion, are in agreement it seems. Which makes sense for an organization that has faithfully [messed] up damn near every decision in recent history and then quickly admitted, in some fashion, to the screw-ups shortly thereafter. 

Sadly, NFL rules prohibit uniform changes more frequently than every five years, so the Browns and their fans are stuck with the current abominations until at least 2020.  No word on how long Browns fans are stuck with the ongoing abomination on the field.

Put me in the category of "when everything is bad, change is good".  But then, I thought that they should have let the name and colors go to Baltimore.  The Browns are gone, and while I still root for the team that bears that name, I would not be any less a fan of the team that plays on the lakefront if they had a different name or colors.  But that is another Forum topic.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 109 Comments