Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Cool Map of Favorite Sports by Country

0 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
March 9, 2017 at 11:49am
68 Comments

A lot of you may have already seen this map, and I must say there are a few surprises, such as soccer being more popular in Russia than hockey, basketball edging out baseball in the Philippines, and tennis being #1 in Paraguay (can't think of a single important Paraguayan tennis player, but then I'm not that knowledgeable regarding tennis). The real shock though is that Uruguay, one of the greatest nations in the world for soccer/football, apparently prefers skateboarding. One thing I refuse to believe is that basketball is more popular in Spain, Argentina, and Italy than soccer--that just seems impossible with how passionate those countries are about their national teams and their leagues.

I'm not sure how accurate it really is, given that there's no source to support the claims in the map, but it's interesting nonetheless, and does give an idea about how strange America, Australia, and New Zealand are as sporting outliers.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 68 Comments