Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Ben Roethlisberger Almost Came to Ohio State.....as a Receiver?

+4 HS
BuckeyeIn NY's picture
January 4, 2017 at 4:44pm
75 Comments

I'll be honest, I am not much of a recruit guy.  I follow it here and there, rely on 11W to keep me up to date on the big picture.  Maybe some die hard recruiting members of 11W already knew this, but Big Ben told Dan Patrick he was recruited by Ohio State....but as a wide receiver.  

Appearing on The Dan Patrick Show, Roethlisberger said Ohio State wanted him and he nearly went there. The issue? The Buckeyes were looking to turn him into a wide receiver.

As a Browns fan, I want to be upset that Ben Roethlisberger didn't take the bait and convert to a wide receiver for our Bucks, but reality tells me it would not have made any difference concerning the Browns ability to beat the Steelers.  

I do wonder if he did commit, would Tressel have realized Cooper made a mistake and converted back to quarterback?  Would Ben be in the NFL as a wide receiver (or tight end) right now had he come to Ohio State?  

Amazing how things work out sometimes.  Seeing Big Ben in a Buckeye uniform would at the very least have created some interesting alterations to his future, and the Steelers future.  

http://thespun.com/big-ten/ohio-state-football-news/ben-roethlisberger-ohio-state-wr

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 75 Comments