Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Bills Fire Rex Ryan

+4 HS
Benwin's picture
December 27, 2016 at 12:49pm
33 Comments

I spoke with Rex earlier today and we mutually agreed that the time to part ways is now," owner Terry Pegula said in a statement. "These decisions are never easy. I want to take this opportunity to thank Rex for all his efforts and wish him all the best moving forward.”

“Kim and I and our entire Bills organization share in the same disappointment and frustration as our fans, but we remain committed to our goal of bringing a championship to Western New York.”

Ryan went 15-16 in his nearly two seasons in Buffalo. He previously spent six seasons as the head coach of the New York Jets. He becomes the third coach to be fired this season after the Los Angeles Rams parted with Jeff Fisher and the Jacksonville Jaguars dismissed Gus Bradley.

Offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn has been named interim head coach. Lynn replaced offensive coordinator Greg Roman in Week 3 and could be a candidate to replace Rex Ryan full time after the season.

USAToday

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments