Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Video: Tony Romo to Dak Prescott OR Fun with QB's in Big D

+2 HS
Defiance's picture
November 16, 2016 at 12:03pm
18 Comments

All right, we know we all come to 11W for all things tOSU (as well as the occasional article about select other B1G teams) and we always get our fair share of that but this morning you get the added bonus of watching the heartfelt video that was Tony Romo handing the reins to a very young and very talented Dak Prescott.

Tony Romo spoke publicly Tuesday for the first time since Dak Prescott took over as the Cowboys' starting quarterback — and what an emotional speech it was.

The 36-year-old Cowboys quarterback came with prepared words and did not field any questions from reporters. He said so much, he didn't really need to field questions. For what it's worth, Romo did not say he plans to retire, but he did admit Prescott has "earned the right" to be Dallas' quarterback.

Here's what Romo said, as he seemed to be holding back tears:

Now I know what you're saying to yourself... It's the Dallas Cowboys dude, why do we at 11W give two and half squirts about what's going on in Dallas (or any other town besides Columbus) in the first place?!?  For me, it started many years ago when I was rooting for Roger Staubach and Tony Dorsett but it hit overdrive back on April 28th when the Dallas Cowboys selected Ezekiel Elliott with the fourth overall draft pick. It was like a moment I couldn't have imagined and the way Zeke and the Cowpokes are playing ball this season, it just keeps getting better!!

For me it's simple. We may root for different teams, from different states, who wear different uniforms but these teams are made up of people just like you and I and what Tony Romo did by releasing this statement is something I think anyone who has ever participated in team sports can recognize.  He put his team ahead of himself and that's what struck me the most about his statement. He recognizes the youth movement that is afoot in Big D and instead of standing in it's path and potentially creating division, he embraced it and created an even more cohesive locker room in the process. 

So whether you root for or against the Dallas Cowboys or any other sports franchise for that matter, I hope you can appreciate the gesture by Tony Romo and what it means to every member of the team.

Oh, one last thing....

It's Wednesday, November 16th. tOSU Buckeyes pulled a #2 ranking from the CFP Committee last night AND Michigan still sucks...

That is all.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments