Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Jared Goff situation

+1 HS
Brohio's picture
November 14, 2016 at 5:45pm
45 Comments

#1 pick for $27.9 mil, and doesn't see the field thus far through Week 10. WTF? First, for all the stat freaks, has this ever happened before? Has a #1 overall sat out as long as this (barring injury/contract disputes)? 

If it was a situation like Dak/Romo where Keenum was lighting it up and they were winning every game, I would understand sticking with the hot hand and not messing with the good vibes. But the Rams are fairly close to bad, and extremely terrible on offense. Why continue to sit Goff? Is Jeff Fisher just an idiot, or are they having regrets on drafting him because of his performance in practice/learning the playbook? He looked at least somewhat promising on Hard Knocks, so this really has me confused. Would love some insight on this. It's WAY too early to call anyone a bust or a great pick, because we have no idea what he is at all. But I'm somewhat confident in saying this seems like the biggest waste of a #1 (and remember they traded up to get him) that I can recall in my lifetime. Why go through all that just to sit him?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 45 Comments