Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Joe Haden, Terrelle Pryor shook hands with every service member before TNF

+20 HS
Defiance's picture
November 14, 2016 at 10:16am
23 Comments

I took a vacation day from the rigors of office life on Friday to celebrate Veteran's Day and it was glorious. The irony, as I see it, is that I am the one who is grateful to have served in The United States Navy and yet it I was the one being treated to free meals and numerous discounts on Veteran's Day. I know many of you here on 11W have taken the United States Armed Forces oath of enlistment and let me just take a moment to say thank you to all who have served, regardless of branch and length of service it is a brotherhood that once you join, you're a lifelong member and entitled to all the benefits, big and small.

I am proud to say I live in a nation that takes the time to thank it's Veterans and it is both an honor and privilege to be afforded the opportunity to take the time to thank the many that have served while at the same time being recognized for my service to my country. Not to get off topic here but I think many on here also recognize there is room for improvement and we all hold hope that things will improve for veterans of all branches and decades of service. Many have made the ultimate sacrifice and are due the ultimate debt of gratitude so from this sailor, a much deserved and somewhat late Happy Veteran's Day to all who have served. We owe you more than we could ever imagine.

All of that being said, let's move onto the reason for this post.

I apologize if you've seen this before but I had to pass it along for anyone that might have missed it. It is with great pride that I pass along a short read I saw this weekend about  the NFL's Veteran's Day tribute during the Thursday night game between your Cleveland Browns and the Baltimore Ravens. I think it's cool that the NFL honors veterans. It just made my Buckeye heart swell with a little more pride when I saw the way Terrelle Pryor and Joe Haden took it to a whole different level. 

The Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Ravens kicked off the Week 10 series of games on Thursday Night Football.

Being that November is the month in which the NFL highlights their support of the United States military, a long line of service men were present at the game. Taking the special effort to greet and thank each one of the military personnel, Browns wide receiver Terrelle Pryor and cornerback Joe Haden created this heartfelt scene.

It is only appropriate on this Veteran’s Day that we here at Sportsnaut also give a special shout-out to the men and women who have served, bravely protecting our country.

It was nothing less than a stand-up, class act for both Pryor and Haden to show their appreciation live on television before Thursday’s game.

Stand-up, class act is a pretty accurate description of what Haden and Pryor did before they started play on Thursday and just think it speaks volumes about the character of these two gentlemen. 

In closing, while the Veteran's Day celebrations may have come to a close, let's make sure we take time everyday to appreciate and recognize the sacrifices that each and every service member has made in deciding to serve this fine nation. Take the time to thank a veteran everyday and make sure we don't save it all for November 11th. 

Here's a link for the read.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments