Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Are Toronto Blue Jays fans the worst in baseball?

+10 HS
BurningRiverBuckeye's picture
October 18, 2016 at 11:51am
145 Comments

I know I have most likely already earned 1 DV from Calgary just for the title, but I have seen and heard a lot of stories lately about the fans of a team from Toronto that currently finds itself down 0-3 to the Indians. 

Let's start with the beer tossing. This is just classless. I know 1 bad apple doesn't define a whole fan base, but it definitely wasn't a good look for Toronto. 

However, that isn't the only incident of Blue Jays fans throwing beer. Remember game 5 of the ALDS last year? 

Then there are countless stories from visiting fans of being harassed. Sure, other fan bases harass opposing fans but do they go to this extent? 

Joe was waiting for Gina outside of the washroom bathroom (fixed it for you) and he says one fan walked over and flipped a beer cup at him.

"I had beer all over the back and side of my jersey."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/jays-cleveland-fans-1.3809613

There's a fine line between being passionate and classless and the examples above surely show these fans have crossed the line. 

Are they the worst? Feel free to share your experiences with a passionate fan base that went a little too far. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 145 Comments