Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

UFC 205

+7 HS
BurningRiverBuckeye's picture
September 28, 2016 at 11:56am
44 Comments

Not sure how many UFC fans are on here, but this card is arguably the best the UFC has ever assembled. It will also be the first UFC event ever held in New York. It is scheduled to go down on November 12 at Madison Square Garden. Below are the matchups that have been announced so far: 

1. Main Event: Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor - McGregor is the champ at 145 lbs while Alvarez is the champ at 155 lbs. The fight will happen at lightweight (155 lbs) as Conor looks to become the first UFC fighter to hold two belts in two different weight classes at the same time. 
  2. Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson - Tyron Woodley looks to defend his welterweight (170 lbs) title against Thompson who is currently on a 7-fight winning streak. 
  3. Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz - Another title fight as Joanna is the reigning strawweight champion. Both women put their perfect records on the line. 
  4. Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero - Former champ Chris Weidman takes on Romero who is currently on a 7-fight win streak. Winner could be in line for a title fight.
  5. Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum - "Cowboy" Cerrone is 1 of the more popular fighters in the UFC and takes on the winner of Season 17 "Ultimate Fighter" 
  6. Khabib Murmagomedov vs. Michael Johnson - Khabib is the #1 contender at 155 lbs and some thought he should be fighting for the title against Alvarez instead of McGregor..but the UFC is a business and they know the McGregor fights brings plenty of $$$..he is their cash cow. 
  7. Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington - At this point, I am done with write ups. 
  8. Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens - Yep, still done. 
  9. Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad Evans
  10. Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
  11. Jim Miller vs. Thiago Alves
  12. Lyman Good vs. Belal Muhammad
  13. Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian

Like I said, this is the best card the UFC has assembled and it should make for a great event. With so many great fights and being at MSG I just hope the tickets or PPV aren't outrageous. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments