Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Zeke and Zen and the Art of NFL Play

+4 HS
GrandTheftHarley's picture
September 18, 2016 at 4:35pm
21 Comments

As a Buckeyes fan, and fan of the Dallas Cowboys, I've been looking on with great interest- and yes, a little angst- about Ezekiel Elliott's starts in this early part of the NFL season.

For a player of such promise, who had a stellar career at the collegiate level, and has showed a lot of potential in the preseason contests, I have found his first two efforts against the Giants last week and the Redskins today to be underwhelming and disappointing.

I've got my own theories about his first two outings, but would like get opinions from 11W denizens about what is happening with Zeke. Is he regressing? Injured? Out-schemed? Off-the-field distractions? Loss of confidence? Other factors?

I want so much for him to do well, and granted, it's early in his first professional season, but I worry about whether he weather this apparent slump and become an integral part of the 'Pokes offense. Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments