Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Cavs vs Warriors Pre-Game 6 Roundup

+9 HS
Barfolomew's picture
June 16, 2016 at 9:33am
96 Comments

No, this is not the open thread. I thought I'd put together a roundup of noteworthy news and snippets to generate discussion in anticipation of the game tonight.

LeBron James, Cavs pushing for 'two best words ever': Game 7

"We have a great opportunity to protect home court and go into two of the best words ever, and that's Game 7," James said Wednesday, following practice at The Q.

In case you haven't been paying attention, 

• LeBron was really good last game, and so was Kyrie. 
  • No team has come back from a 3-1 NBA Finals deficit. 
  • Cleveland hasn't won a professional  sports championship in basketball, football, or baseball since 1964.

LeBron has had some great performances when facing elimination (per ESPN Stats & Info), the Cavs need him to continue this trend in order to get the W tonight.

LeBron isn't the only piece of the puzzle, though. The Cavs need Kyrie to continue playing at a high level, and they need Kevin Love to be a part of the offense going forward. It is unlikely that Kyrie and LeBron combine for 82 points again tonight on their own again, especially with nut-smashing Draymond Green back in the lineup.

Most of the world has been bashing Kevin's play this series, and rightfully so. His lack of offensive presence last game, according to the team and Kevin himself, was not entirely unintentional, though.

"When Bogut went down, I think our primary option was for those guys to play downhill and attack the paint and the rim," Love said. "So for me, yeah, it was just kind of -- I know it's funny to say, but run in the corner, let those guys do their thing, and on the defensive end try to apply myself as much as I could."

Love's defense was better than usual in the last game, but his shot has been off all series and he has been weak in the paint. He's going to need to do more in the remainder of the series if the Cavs are going to win this thing.

Bogut is out: While he won't need surgery, Bogut is out for the remainder of the series. He's only averaged 12 minutes a game, so he's not exactly a critical player, but he has been a presence when he's on the court and this is certainly noteworthy.

Urban is All In:

Craig Sager will be a sideline reporter for Game 6. Classy move by TNT / ESPN.

As a life long Cleveland sports fan, I suffer from a chronic case of believing. I'm fully aware of the likelihood that my heart will get ripped out, but I'm All In anyways. Go Cavs.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 96 Comments