Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Join Manchester United

+2 HS
Cooper's picture
May 23, 2016 at 11:16am
36 Comments

I can't really contain my excitement at this bit of news. The man, the myth, the legend, is set to join the Red Devils this coming season. Although he is thirty-four years old, his play this past year was legendary as he set a new season goals record for Paris Saint-Germain. Ibra apparently turned down a ~$40 million offer from China to join Old Trafford, as well. 

There are multiple reports that Louis Van Gaal was sacked this morning, which would make sense because Zlatan certainly wouldn't be joining United if LVG was still the team manager (the two have had a terrible relationship). Jose Mourinho will be appointed the new manager in the coming days. I thank LVG for being able to get the lads and fans an FA Cup, but the move had to be done. His philosophy is outdated and the player relationships were terrible.

The only request I have of Mourinho is to keep Fosu-Mensah and Rashford in the rotation, as they have clearly proved their worth as the future of United. I hope Zlatan can be Chelsea's Ruud Gullit and bring United back to the prominence they had during the Fergie days. Him and Mourinho will surely only be at United for about two years, but it will be an important two years in establishing a new United identity.

GGMU.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments