Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Buckeyes Going to Your NFL Rival

0 HS
Scarlet_Fire's picture
January 29, 2016 at 10:37am
67 Comments

Sorry for the novel ahead of time:

Just for some background, I'm a born and raised Philly area native, and thus, an Eagles fan. My love and loyalty for Philly sports is on par with that of the Bucks. When a Buckeye ends up with your team, its awesome. Made watching Jenkins this year so much more special. A lone bright spot on a turd of a season.

Conversely, opposite of that, is quite worse, imo. I loathe the sight of the Dallas star equally to the sight of that stupid ass winged helmet. Giants are a close second. The very thought of Bosa, Zeke, or Braxton, etc., playing in those jerseys makes me sick (skins too, but that level of hatred isn't up there with D or NYG). I would be devastated if that were to happen, and looking at the needs of my rivals, its possible a few of these Buckeyes could end up with them. I couldn't ever hate them, I couldn't root against them individually (except twice per year) despite despising the team they play for, on top of them potentially killing my Eagles twice per year and helping my rivals over the next few years at the minimum.

Overall, I've been pretty fortunate so far in having to deal with this scenario over the years. Though I'm sure its great to watch them succeed individually, I can only imagine how Browns fans feel watching Shazier and Heyward doing it for the hated Steelers.

So, with that said: anyone have any similar "fears" for this upcoming draft, with so many Buckeyes going to be a part of a it, and any previous stories of Bucks getting drafted by a team you hate that more or less crushed you?  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 67 Comments