Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

The Thing About Manziel Nobody Is Talking About.

0 HS
BuckeyeInTheDesert's picture
November 12, 2015 at 1:24pm
31 Comments

My goal here is not to be insensitive or ignorant, so if I am either, my apologies ahead of time. My goal with this forum topic is to see if anybody else was thinking this and if there are any answers!

That being said, see if you can follow me here... last year Johnny Manziel was an alcoholic and possible cocaine fanatic (rolled up $20), and went to rehab for 10 weeks (that's a serious amount of time). When it comes to alcoholism, it is my understanding that once you make the commitment to be sober, it is a fight every day for the rest of your life. It is not a substance you can be addicted to, and then say "I'm healed, so now I can just a few beers every now and then". It is an all or nothing type of situation. Therefore, over the past several months we've been led to believe he cleaned up his act and was sober. Then came the fight with his girlfriend in Avon on the side of the highway where he/she admitted to the cops they had been drinking earlier throughout the day (and the cops didn't even think to breathalyze him before letting him drive home?). I then thought to myself "uh oh, he's back to his old ways. He lost the battle." Then, I gave him the benefit of the doubt... "maybe his gf was drinking and not him?" The last straw was the pictures of him at a Texas A&M party last weekend with a Stella in his hand. No question about it now... he's drinking again.

So, I ask you all. How can anybody still consider him worthy of being a teammate and a back-up QB if he's a recovering alcoholic who's now back drinking alcohol? And how is nobody in the media talking about this point? How have the Browns not addressed this (or been forced to by questions from the media)? Do you think maybe they've already given up on him and he'll get released right after the season is over (and maybe that's why they signed Austin Davis to a 2 year contract earlier this year)?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments