Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Wenger takes page out of SEC's Book

0 HS
sbentz4's picture
October 6, 2015 at 11:59am
7 Comments

The Barclay's Premier League is considered by most to be the best league in the soccer world. However, the league has not produced recently in the UEFA champions league, especially the start to this year's tournament. This led Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger to make some interesting comments about the league's shortcomings.

“It’s true that mentally you cannot ease off before a Champions League game as some others can,” said Wenger. “For example, Dinamo Zagreb played on Saturday and they took three players off at half-time. I cannot do that in a high-intensity game at Leicester."

He goes on to complain that the toughness of the BPL has had an adverse effect on the BPL's success in the champions league. To me, it sounds a lot like the SEC complaining that the rugged SEC schedule has left teams at a disadvantage in the postseason. I don't buy either of these excuses. I do believe that the BPL and SEC are the best as a whole, but that doesn't mean that they have the best team every year. I feel Barca, Bayern and Real Madrid are currently better than any team in the BPL. What do you think?

Full article: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/arsene-wenger-inten...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 7 Comments