Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

OT...Autopsy of 2015 Cleveland Indians

0 HS
CarolinaBuck's picture
October 4, 2015 at 8:58pm
2 Comments

2015 was supposed to be a magical year for the Tribe. Sports Illustrated had us winning the World Series and other publications had us contending at worst. As life long Indians fans, we've all seen the great expectations movie before and when the season began, instead of challenging for the top of our division, we slowly worked our way to our usual home, looking up from the basement. Here Indians fans are some of the high/low lights from this season.

High point for most games above .500. We hit one game above .500 three times with the first being 2 - 1 on April 9th and the last being today, Oct 4 with record of 81 - 80.

The low water mark occurred Aug. 7 when we were 10 games under with a record of 49 - 59 ( A bright spot is that from that Aug 7th date, we were 11 games over .500 with a 32 and 21 record, that's a .604 winning pct and if we played that way the whole year, we would have won every division but one with that record. Something to look forward too !!! )

The strong suit of our team was pitching. We finished 2nd with a team ERA of .369 and also finished 2nd in fewest runs allowed. 

Batting was another story. We finished a disappointing 11th in the league. We were 13th in HR's with 141 and in runs scored, we ended up 11th. We did end up scoring more runs that we gave up for the season which I guess is positive. (I'll take anything)

We were next to last in Attendance with around 17,800 per game. We need to get off to better starts is all I can say about that.

All in all, there's something to build on here with our pitching and the way we fought back from that terrible first 2/3's off the season. So let's wait for next year and give it another try....GO TRIBE.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 2 Comments