Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

American Ninja Warrior Finale

0 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture
September 15, 2015 at 10:34am
43 Comments

The Vegas Finals were last night and in case any of you missed it, don't continue reading.

There were two competitors that finished stage 3, Isaac Caldiero and Geoff Britten.  Due to having the faster time, Caldiero elected to go second for stage 4, which is a 75 foot rope climb that you have 30 seconds to complete.  Now, Caldiero was one of the first to do Stage 3 and got a good amount of rest before Britten went, as Britten was last (had the best time for Stage 2 I believe).  Britten clearly spent everything he had to finish Stage 3 and was exhausted, but he essentially got no break before having to climb the rope.  I personally thought it was a dick move by Caldiero to not go first, since he had had quite some time to rest between the stages and didn't spend the same amount of effort that Britten did.

So, Britten goes first and completes the rope climb with 0.35 seconds to spare.  There is mass celebration and he is ecstatic for being the first "American Ninja Warrior" but he doesn't win the million dollars if Caldiero beats his time.  So after much fanfare, Caldiero goes and beats him by like 3 seconds and wins the million.  And, almost as if everyone forgot about Britten, Caldiero gets the title of First American Ninja Warrior according to the show on twitter and in the news and everywhere I can find.

So not only was Caldiero a dick about the situation, because he was a dick and had more rest, he wins and gets all the glory even though he actually wasn't the first.  And if we want to get technical, Caldiero didn't finish all 6 courses, he failed on his City Finals course earlier in the season.  Britten finished all 6 and is the only one to have done so.  But he gets no glory whatsoever and walks away with nothing while Caldiero gets the money, the title, and the glory.  

I think the whole situation is messed up, and Britten I think should have at least gotten to split the winnings, and its really disappointing because he was humble throughout whereas Caldiero has been a narcissist in all the seasons he has competed.  I think it is incredible that they both finished, but the ending was a little disheartening for me.  

Did any of you watch it last night?  What was your reaction?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 43 Comments