Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Deadspin's "Why your team sucks, Detroit Lions"

0 HS
steve-OH's picture
August 26, 2015 at 3:12pm
11 Comments

We had some good laughs at the Bengals one a few weeks ago, this one for the Lions had me holding laughs in at my cubicle. (depending where you work, link may be NSFW)

Even being from Michigan (outside Toledo), this had me cracking up:

There will always be an enormous disconnect between how Michigan people see themselves and how the universe sees them. Every person I’ve met from Michigan is just as fat and loud and lazy and obnoxious as any other Midwestern barfbag of a human being. And yet, these people spend their whole lives walking around with self-bestowed DETROIT CRED. As if sticking around Michigan makes you hardier and stronger than the average American. LOOK AT ME! I’M SO TOUGH LISTENING TO KID ROCK AND DRIVING A BROKEN CHEVY AND SHOPPING AT THE LOCAL KROGER! Meanwhile, I know damn well that the only reason people stay in Michigan is for the 10-cent recycling deposit. Being from Detroit doesn’t make you gritty or loyal or special. It just means no one else will take you in. Fuck Michigan. Michigan can eat the biggest butthole. And fuck Jim Harbaugh while we’re at it. And Bob Seger too. And coney dogs! It’s just a stupid fucking chili dog.

Full length article on Why the Lions suck: http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-detroit-lions-1726087529 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments