Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

We Did It!! (Little League, though)

0 HS
NOLABuckeye's picture
July 17, 2015 at 1:54am
31 Comments

Okay y'all. I'm loopy after a lot of celebrating, but my two youngest boys' teams won our 7/8 & 9/10 leagues, respectively -- on the same night. 

I'm not sure which makes me more happy -- the 7/8 because I'm the coach, pitcher, and we beat the perennial favorites. Or that my other son (9/10) had the games of his life (they had to be beaten twice to lose as the top DE team). The first game, which I missed because I was on the mound elsewhere for my 7/8 squad, he had a 2 run RBI double, an inside the park home run and pitched a three up/three down inning (he was my companion at the Sugar Bowl and easily the biggest Buckeye fan of my four boys). He had an inside the park to seal the second game since regardless of heroics, they lost the first.

I know a lot of you coach little league, but has anyone had a night like this?  Oh... and they sell beer at the little league parks here in New Orleans.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments