Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Why all this hate directed towards Cleveland and Coach Blatt?

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
May 11, 2015 at 10:31pm
39 Comments

I was flipping back and forth and mistakingly tuned in to Sportsnation briefly and they have a poll that's asks is Coach Blatt the worst coach ever? They are replaying the timeout, Blatt and Lebron post game interviews on what seems like a continuous loop.

I understand the timeout signal would have been devastating if the refs would have seen it, but I could understand how it could happen with them using 2 or 3 timeouts in rapid succession. He needed to be situationally aware, but I could see how it could happen when events are moving fast and decisions need to be made quickly.

The wanting Lebron to take the ball out of bounds was a little more of a head scratcher. It reminded me of John Cooper running right when he had Orlando Pace at left tackle trying to be "tricky."

I appreciated Blatt in the press conference because he at least manned up and admitted he made a mistake. It was good to see him humble and not getting all defensive. He took responsibility for his errors which is refreshing.

I guess I'm just wondering why ESPN is trying to trash Blatt so much. Are they just trying to get ratings and be provocative?I think it's a little excessive to say Blatt is the worst coach ever. Is it just easy to rip on Cleveland because of our history in sports? The whole, "mistake in the lake," crap?

Is the only way we shut up the critics is to win the whole dang thing? Just getting a little tired of them bashing Cleveland so much. FWIW, I think Blatt will be back next year. What do you guys think?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 39 Comments