Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

What Type of Punishment Do You Think Tom Brady and The Patriots Should Get?

0 HS
jeremytwoface's picture
May 8, 2015 at 8:57am
75 Comments

I was listening to the radio yesterday and of course they were talking extensively about Deflategate and what type of punishment would be handed down. One person (I can't remember who I was listening to) said that he thought Brady would get a 4 game suspension.

My question to you is this: Do you think Tom Brady deserves harsher punishment than, say, Adrian Peterson or Ray Rice? Or Josh Gordon for failing drug tests for marijuana.

Now on the surface, the answer might seem obvious... Brady deflated some balls (or at least probably knew about it) and Ray Rice knocked out his fiancée... It's easy to say that Brady shouldn't get nearly the same punishment as Rice. And, basically, I agree with that.

But to play devils advocate, Brady cheated to gain an advantage ON the field. As terrible as Ray Rice's and Adrian Peterson's crimes were, they had no effect on the game itself. And Josh Gordon took a drug that would definitely not help him on the field.

So what do you guys think the punishment should be?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 75 Comments