Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Michael Jordan Even Trash-Talked Space Jam Extras

0 HS
Cooper's picture
March 27, 2015 at 11:29am
58 Comments

Michael Jordan is not only the king of basketball, but he was obviously known as a king size trash talker. Keith Gibbs, who apparently starred as an extra in any basketball movie ever (including Space Jam), would occasionally play pick up games against Jordan and others. After being on the set of Space Jam all day, they would get together and play these games for hours on end. From grantland.com: 

I walk in, and it’s Reggie Miller, Charles Barkley, Alonzo Mourning, Charles Oakley. Grant Hill shows up. Jerry Stackhouse shows up. Now, all of a sudden it’s an NBA All-Star pickup game. Every night. I did that for about a month and a half, two months. Then the UCLA kids came in, and they had just won a national title — Ed O’Bannon and those guys. Just phenomenal. Best pickup games I’ve ever been a part of. It was unreal.

It doesn't end there, as Gibbs was forced to guard MJ during a play. 

Yeah, so Jordan … I had to guard Reggie Miller and Michael Jordan in back-to-back games. It was so bad. I was friends with Chris Mills and Tracy Murray — we had been to some camps together. One play, I got switched onto Jordan, because Chris was like, “Keith, you take him.” Jordan hit a 35-footer on me. I mean, it was ridiculous: leg out, tongue out, all that stuff … hit a 35-footer on me and goes, “GET THE F*CK OFF THE COURT.”

This man was just an extra and he got humiliated to the point where he wanted stop playing in the games and move out of town. Gibbs isn't a scrub either; he played two years at Division 1 Cal State Northridge. 

My question to you lot: what would be your choice of smack talk if you had to go up against Jordan in a pick up game? This can float into general trash-talking favorites, as well.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 58 Comments