Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Buffalo Bills Fans - Proud or Forget?

0 HS
ohioscott's picture
March 7, 2015 at 12:15pm
10 Comments

I was just listening to a radio interview with Jim Kelly who is the same age as me and an inspiration for what he has been through.

It got me to thinking and digging, as a Bengal fan most people have no idea we were in two Super Bowls, played well, and could have won both. But instead have pretty much had the "loser" tag throughout franchise history.

The Bills, as many remember, lost 4 straight Super Bowls and really were only in the game for the first one. BUT, think about what the odds must be to go to the Super Bowl four straight years. It has never been done in the Super Bowl era and you have to go back to the 50's when the Browns went to 5 straight championship games (2-3) before that. (BTW, a side note to help the Bills fan feel better, the Giants went to the Championship game 5 of the 6 years between 58 and 63 and lost all five.)

In the Super Bowl era the closest anyone has come in a 4 year span was going to 3 in a 4 year span, These teams did that... New England (3-0) (Brady), Dallas (3-0) (Aikman), Denver (0-3) (Elway), Minnesota (0-3) (Tarkenton) and special mention for Miami (Griese) who went to 3 straight.

That means besides the QB's mentioned above, the great teams with Montana, Bradshaw, Favre, Manning, and Roethlisberger have also never done it.

So the question remains for Bills fans, or if your favorite team had done it, are you proud of the 4 straight Super Bowl accomplishment, or because they are all losses, would you just as soon forget it?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments