Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Who Gets Your Vote for the Pro Football HOF 2015?

0 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture
January 29, 2015 at 8:49am
22 Comments

The finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class were announced earlier this month. There is a Buckeye as a finalist, and it's the offseason, so I thought it might be worth discussing the finalists and just soliciting some opinions. I didn't see any other posts regarding it when I searched, so here we go.

A list of the finalists can be found here, and if you so wish, you can contribute to fan the vote here. The class will be announced Saturday.

You can research any of the guys about which you have a question. I thought it might be fun to see what everyone's ballot would look like.

You can vote for up to one "old school" player (Senior Nominee, of which there is only 1), up to 2 Contributors, and 5 Modern-Era Nominees. My ballot would look like this -

I don't know much about Mick Tingelhoff, but a 7-time All-Pro sounds like he deserves it. I think Ron Wolf definitely should get in, and I'm on the fence about Polian, so I'll go with Wolf for sure.

My ranking of the 12 Modern Era finalists would look like this (ranked by how deserving they are, IMO - Top 5 would be on my ballot):

1. Junior Seau - LB, Chargers, Dolphins, Patriots

2. Jimmy Johnson - Head Coach, Cowboys, Dolphins

3. Orlando Pace - OT, Rams, Bears

THE Best Collegiate Offensive Lineman EVER!

4. Tim Brown - WR, Raiders, Bucs

5. Tony Dungy - Head Coach, Bucs, Colts

6. Will Shields - OG, Chiefs; 7. Kurt Warner - QB, Rams, Giants, Cardinals; 8. Bill Polian - "Contributor," Chiefs, Bills, Panthers, Colts; 9. Marvin Harrison - WR, Colts; 10. Charles Haley - LB, 49ers, Cowboys; 11. Jerome Bettis - RB, Rams, Steelers; 12. John Lynch - S, Bucs, Broncos; 13. Kevin Greene - LB, Rams, Steelers, Panthers, 49ers; 14. Don Coryell - Head Coach, (St. Louis) Cardinals, Chargers; 15. Terrell Davis - RB, Broncos; 16. Morten Andersen - K, Saints, Falcons, Giants, Chiefs, Vikings

Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments