Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Inside Sources on Manziel's Rookie Year

0 HS
CTBuckeye's picture
January 24, 2015 at 3:02pm
38 Comments

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12216266/cleveland-browns-quarterback-johnny-manziel-struggled-commitment-preparation-sources-said

Pretty good article actually highlighting what many in the organization thought about him during the year and now.  Nothing against him personally, just that he didn't work hard or put in the time and preparation needed at the NFL level.

I doubt there are any Browns fans out there that will be surprised by this article, or what players in the locker room thought.  What confuses me is that with all of the problems everyone knew about from the coaching staff to the front office, why still draft him?  Instead it's another year, and another first round pick "wasted"...

I hope he can turn it around for the Browns sake, but one thing I've learned working with a number of different difficult people throughout my career - someone can change their actions, but no one can change who they really are.  Deep down he's an immature kid that may never grow up, and unfortunately I don't see that changing.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 38 Comments