Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Fantasy Football Question: Josh Gordon

0 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture
December 18, 2014 at 9:57pm
16 Comments

With Julio Jones possibly out again this week, I might have to consider starting Josh Gordon in my fantasy championship. I have a crazy idea/question for serious Browns fans on 11W . . .

I have a theory that part of Manziel's struggles last weekend were caused by uniform confusion - that the Bengals and Browns uniforms look way too freakin' similar. Heck, when I watched the highlights of the game, on one of Manziel's INTs, it looked to me like he threw a TD pass to his own guy until I realized that it was a Bengal DB who'd emerged from the human tangle of brown, black, orange, white. 

Sure, if a Browns player were standing (read: stationary) next to a Bengals player, it wouldn't be hard to tell the two apart, but try sorting them out as dozens of players from both teams are rapidly crisscrossing the field . . . and find a barely open receiver in less than 3 seconds with the pocket collapsing around you. Etc. 

Keep in mind that Andy Dalton was also terrible in that game. The Bengals dominated the scoreboard because they out-rushed the Browns 244 yards to 53, not because Dalton did any better than Manziel. Yeah, Manziel threw two picks, but with zero rushing game, he was forced to make things happen, whereas Dalton constantly got bailed out by Jeremy Hill and company.

Is this a crazy thought? I ask because Johnny Football faces a much friendlier defense this week, at Carolina. If he bounces back like I expect him to, Josh Gordon could be a good play in the event that Julio is inactive.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments