Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

NFL Roster Cuts: Former Buckeye Among the Casualties

VintonCountyBuck's picture
August 24, 2014 at 8:16pm
8 Comments

As the approaching season continues to trot towards the starting gate.. many NFL teams made some roster moves today.  Among them was a former Buckeye:

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2014/8/24/6063557/patriots-cut-former-ohio-state-de-will-smith

NE with some notable cuts: Patriots released veteran DL...Will Smith...per league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 24, 2014

Will Smith will always remain one of my favorite players from that 2002 Championship team.  Wishing him all the best in whatever his future holds.

sox33osu's picture

The Fresh Prince. Was also a nice guy. Congrats on an excellent NFL career.

+4 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Was one of my favorite players. He was a beast. 

+4 HS
ohiowhitesnake's picture

As a Saints fan I hated to see him go. As a Buckeye I hope he finds a place to keep playing this season. 

+3 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

Great memories of Will playing for the black and gold. Got to meet him at Malcolm Jenkins Foundation gala. Class act,

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

At least he had like a decade in the NFL

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+5 HS
GreatLakesBeer's picture

My Dallas Cowboys could use him, hell they could use anybody........any of you guys play safety?

If you will it dude, it is no dream

+6 HS
SilverBullet-98's picture

Will Smith... Assistant Defensive Line Coach??? Would be a good east coast and maybe southern recruiter.

"The Past Builds the Future"

+2 HS
BTBuckeye's picture

Reid fragel looked good for the browns at RT.

Will Smith had a great career.

+1 HS