Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Wish the world had more RGIII's

sox33osu's picture
August 10, 2014 at 6:00pm
15 Comments
Rocket Man's picture

I agree.  He seems like a great guy that I would root for personally no matter what team he plays for.

"Statistics always remind me of the  fellow who drowned in a river where the average depth was only three feet." -- W. W. Hayes

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

This is a very classy move by RGIII, and a good reminder to those of us that may not have experienced this type of family crisis to look out for and care for those families that do.

+1 HS
FloridaBuck's picture

Very cool thing to do by RG. It was just last year that players and media personalities (google it if you want, I'm not going to post that bullshit here) were questioning his "blackness".  This was mostly due to him marrying a Caucasian girl and speaking proper English. There seems to be an obsession in our society with the 'self' and an entirely misconstrued definition of what makes you a successful person. This success is rarely measured by the things you to do help others, our fragile planet, or society as a whole. Instead the focus lies on how big your contract is, how many likes you have on Facebook, and whether or not you can reduce your suspension for assault charges. 

Eventually, the narcissistic behavior and idolization of scumbag celebrities as a whole will become our downfall. It's nice to see someone in his position doing a positive thing for his fellow man (and woman). It reminds me of Woodys service to the military and visits to hospitals where he would bribe the staff to not mention his whereabouts to the press.  There is something to be said for just doing the right fucking thing, regardless if anyone else knows about it. 

+7 HS
mobboss1984's picture

Thanks RG3. Well done!!!

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

+1 HS
Gametime's picture

As a black man, I have to say that you're TOTALLY off base about his blackness being questioned for marrying a Caucasian girl. That's complete and utter nonsense.

We love white girls.

XD

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+2 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
funtubs's picture

It's so hard to dislike him at all, even as an Eagles fan

Patriot4098's picture

It's funny. I thought the NFL needed Tim Tebow because he is the kind of guy that does things like this. As it turns out RG3 and Russell Wilson exude similar character. It's refreshing.

"Evil shenanigans!"     - Mac

+5 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

All around good for pro sports.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

BroJim's picture

Classy move!

I season my simple food with hunger

+1 HS
Habu71's picture

Classy indeed, well done RGIII. 

Seattle Linga's picture

He's geared to have a much better season this year. He's a lot healthier 

+1 HS
Montana silver bullet's picture

Class Act,  ROLE MODEL

Montana Silver Bullet

bigtenspeed's picture

Of course trolls are making negative comments on the espn article.

GreatLakesMike's picture

Classy move and hard not to like this guy. I'm anxious to see what he can do now that he's out from underneath the Wrath of RatFace. 

+1 HS