Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Browns and Lions

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture
August 9, 2014 at 7:06pm
63 Comments

Will this game be streamed online anywhere? I want to watch Money Man on his debut. Thanks!

JohnnyKozmo's picture

Pretty sure it's on the NFL Network, but not sure about online

+2 HS
BuckeyeJosh's picture

It's on CBS for me in Columbus.

"Football is, after all, a wonderful way to get rid of your aggressions without going to jail for it."     -Woody Hayes

Groveport Heisman's picture

NFL network in Cincy. Lets see what Mr. Money has got tonight Ohio.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Baroclinicity's picture

Can't believe I'm this interested in a preseason game...

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Watching the NFL Network and getting the call from Cleveland's Channel 3 news with Jim Donovan calling the game!

Starting to get geeked

whiskeyjuice's picture

Anybody wanna place bets on whether or not his performance tonight will remind people of how he won at A&M or will he be a bust for his first pre-season game?

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

Seattle Linga's picture

I love ya Whiskey but lets not go there just yet. Way too early to tell

+2 HS
sharks's picture

Can we get rid of the cardboard cutout next to Donovan and get Bernie back?

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I like our new look defense - much more aggressive than in years gone by - at least so far from what I've seen

+1 HS
luckynutz's picture

The collective media joygasm shoukd commence next drive.

Knarcisi's picture

These announcers are clamoring over Manziel. 

I think Hoyer has looked really good. 

+1 HS

Fumble man they shouldnt have to waste a challenge. JOBBED

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
KBonay's picture

That review was everything that is wrong with the NFL. 

+6 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I'll be honest - I've never heard of that call before - "There was a clear fumble but we as a 9 man crew with video - have no idea who recovered. Unbelievable

+2 HS
southernstatesbuckeye's picture

And, heeeeere's Johnny!

-1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Just run a damn sneak there. 

buckeyedexter's picture

I think Hoyer looked good, his receivers didn't give him any help at all.  Manziel needs to lift some weights, he looks so skinny, he's going to get hurt.

+4 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Our DBs better learn how to tackle. 

+1 HS
robobuck's picture

So sick of watching our dbs try and push guys down. Having flashbacks of the buckeyes the last couple years.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

You'd think they'd learn

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Tress is smiling somewhere. 

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Anybody think the Browns will make the playoffs this year?

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

AirForceNUT's picture

They will win the Super Bowl!

I wish.

Not even close. Need a solid run game to develop before anyone rational starts thinking that.

AirForceNUT's picture

That's why it's my wish.

+1 HS
buckeye4life050233's picture

A very optimistic maybe.  I will say this though, if the browns experience any offensive line injuries they are screwed.  The browns 2nd string line is horrendous

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

They have a solid chance if the defense keeps in games...and I think that could go far in their division.

KBonay's picture

Couple nice plays there. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Johnny is exciting that's for sure. West will be a nice complement to Tate but that fumble didn't help

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Dion Lewis fumbled. 

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Oh I know - I was just in mid-type when they fumbled and I finished it. I re-read it and it's clear that I looked like knucklehead - thanks Brother.

+4 HS
Knarcisi's picture

No problem ... It was JB Shugarts on that last false start, though. 

+5 HS
Knarcisi's picture

He's not playing football anymore, but I bet wherever that son of a gun is, he gets in a 3 point stance a few times a day just to jump out of it. 

+5 HS
KBonay's picture

Wonder how he is stopped at a red light....?

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Is Desir's first name Snare or Bass?

KBonay's picture

It's tough, because JM is making plays. The o-line is getting blown up on run plays & false starts.  He's hitting his receivers....they just don't seem to want to catch them...

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

D line was in our backfield before JM could make a decision

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

It's a Cleveland thing on the WR hands. 

+1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

These commentators are all over Johnny Manziel... Just heard them praise him for a good pass that was actually terrible.

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

Which pass was that. The one that hit the wide out in the kneecaps and he didn't even attempt to catch? Other than that one, he has been on target. 

+3 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

That was one of them, yes. Krause was facing away and turned just in time to see it hit his kneecaps. Could've dropped, though inertia and his direction would have made it difficult. Probably his fault on some of those things. But it was a low pass, and they said, "If I'm a quarterback, that's where I want to put it." Really? At his knees? 

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

The 'don't sleep on Thigpen, a 7 year veteran' was kinda funny. 

Johnny has actually looked pretty sharp and fearless. Been on the wrong end of penalties a shitty running game and butter fingers.

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

My god, these wr's have awful hands. 

Seattle Linga's picture

Lewis had a nice run there and got hit pretty hard

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

That throw is the reason he's low on the depth chart

Then he threads the needle for a nice one

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Tress is getting moist. 

KBonay's picture

@TIM_MAYsports: There are two parts to having a great completion percentage: The throw and the catch. @JManziel2 is almost 100 percent on the former.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Knew that was coming. 

Anyone seriously thinking playoffs especially not knowing Gordons status is in serious denial.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Bye bye Snead. Go concentrate on that hair. 

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Snead's having a difficult night 

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

How is that not targeting?  He launched himself. 

+2 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

If anyone should be called for targeting, it should be Thigpen.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Yah, targeting defenders with the football. 

+1 HS
northcampus's picture

Watching the Browns-Lions is about as bad as watching Michigan-Notre Dame and rooting for both to lose.

+1 HS
bigtenspeed's picture

Manziel looked ok. We might have something to work with here. Still rooting for Hoyer though.

+2 HS
You can't spell chump without UM's picture

This will be the only time a Michigan football team beats an Ohio football team.

Brady Hoke ate my comment

+1 HS
Rocket Man's picture

Wonder if they can pick up some receiving help on the waiver wire . . . but even so it takes a while to learn a playbook.

Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

GreatLakesMike's picture

I thought both QBs looked alright. It seemed they had Manziel running the option read quite a bit. The WRs did not help either QB.

I like the stable of RBs they have. Little Shanny should be able to muster a decent running game. I know Austin had a key drop, but if he can stay healthy (big if, I know), then I could actually see the receiving options being good enough. A healthy Austin, Cameron, and Hawkins is not too bad IMO. 

My biggest frustration was all the drops. It must be something in the water. 

+2 HS
lamplighter's picture

they need WR help - really?  Who woulda thought about that?