Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Brutal Paul George Break!!!

dmurder's picture
August 1, 2014 at 10:39pm
25 Comments

Just a pick up game!

Knarcisi's picture

What happened?  Assuming he got hurt in a pick up game?

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

It was at the USA team scrimmage. He went up to block a shot, his leg hit the thing holding up the basket and it kind of snapped. You could probably fund video somewhere but I have to warn you it is pretty brutal.

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

I feel really depressed now. It's unfortunate how stuff like this can happen. Hopefully he can recover fully.

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Not going to look up that video, I saw the Kevin Ware thing live before they realized what happened I saw bone. 

Indy's going to be pretty bad next year. No paul George for awhile, no Lance Stephenson at all. Crazy turn of events for the East, Cavs Vs. Bulls.

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Don't watch it. I just saw a vine clip showing it.  Prayers go out to Paul George, absolutely devastating for him. It looked worse than Theisman's injury or Tim Krumrie's. Horrific.

+3 HS
BUCK-I-FAN's picture

Here you go, but it looks pretty bad. view at your own risk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_N3tpSdIM0

+2 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

It looks like he snapped his tibia and possibly the fibula. It appeared to be above the ankle joint.

+2 HS
kb1's picture

Am I a piece of shit for thinking how much easier it is now for my Cavs? Yeah I am.

Edit: Prayers for Paul George for real

+1 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

Oh boy, looked pretty damn scary. #Ouch

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+1 HS
BuckeyeLuv's picture

Prayers up. Such a horrific accident can happen in the wonderful game of basketball. Wow

Always BuckeyeLuv!

+3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

And here I was worrying about D.Rose.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
ScarletAndGrayAllDay's picture

Such a terrible thing to have happen to anyone in sports let alone one of the young rising stars.

+3 HS
Crumb's picture

Is it too soon to say 'Oh snap!'? Seriously that poor guy. Hope he makes a full recovery.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

-5 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Makes me think of the grill out OSU had over the summer, Champions dinner I think its called. The coaches and players played games of dodgeball, softball and some other activities. This kind of recreation happens everywhere with athletes. What would the outrage be if Bosa, Raekwon, EzE or whomever, received a season ending injury for playing a backyard pick up game?

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

ITWASME's picture

Don't you dare put that evil on them! Seriously though let's hope and pray that doesn't happen

+3 HS
BuckeyeGrownFloridaLiving's picture

You can't live life trying to avoid injury though. It would have been awful if it happened but it could happen anywhere.

+3 HS
KingsRite's picture

That was nasty. Reminds me of the Joe Theismann injury back in the day.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

Jabba1977's picture

That was straight up disgusting!!

SECHATER77

BTBuckeye's picture

Enters thread and upvotes everybody to get rid of the serial DV'er. Da fuq?

This stuff happens. Terrible, but its a topic of discussion. Thanks for the vid. I don't watch ESPN.

Jbuckham94's picture

Leg injuries are always pretty unnerving, but I have a feeling this won't be a career-hampering injury to recover from. I'm hopeful for Paul George that because the break looked so far below the knee that minimal damage was done to any of the knee ligaments. I'm kinda optimistic for the guy that it's only going to end up being a bone issue, but a terrible injury nonetheless.

Class of 2016. Go Bucks!

Gobucks2204's picture

It appears to be enough above the ankle joint, that it would avoid the ankle ligaments as well.  Praying that the surgeons have wisdom and know how best to repair it.  Definitely not a quick recovery. I'm just hoping he will be able to return someday.

Gobucks2204's picture

Orthopedic surgeon confirmed it to be a compound tibia/fibula fracture from analyzing. He felt that through just video analysis that he would eventually recover.

Kain's picture

Reminds me of Shaun Livingston turning his knee 180 degrees when he was fresh into the NBA. George was a great player. Positive vibes for his family.

Kain

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Livingston did both acls at one time too I thought?

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

Kain's picture

Yep...jelly leg...nasty..

Kain