Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

any reds fans out there?

WezBuck28's picture
July 31, 2014 at 3:31pm
17 Comments

Wanting to hear your thoughts on this trade deadline that is rapidly approaching..no moves as of yet..do you predict any moves from this club? If so, what do you feel are areas of need..this team is lacking someone that can produce hits, and runs..vottoo has not lived up to expectations, nor Bruce, or even Bailey.. What are your thoughts?

Gametime's picture

NO...

The Reds suck.

The Indians suck.

And baseball sucks.

FOOBAWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Between goals and achievement is discipline and consistency. That fire you have inside to do whatever you love is placed there by God. Now go claim it. ~ Denzel Washington

-10 HS
WezBuck28's picture

Thanks for your insight..

+4 HS
Gametime's picture

LOL, c'mon guys I was clearly joking.

In all seriousness though, they've been nicked up all year with especially with the accumulative injuries, the slumps in play, lack of consistent pitching behind Cueto and Simon, and I have no idea what the Reds farm system looks like as far as trade worthy prospects.

What really sucks that is that this kinda rut is what Reds fans were worried about a few years ago. That this wouldn't be a flash in the pan that fizzled once they made the investment...it's almost a Catch 22 of fandom, because now they'll have a hard time moving any of those contracts.

Between goals and achievement is discipline and consistency. That fire you have inside to do whatever you love is placed there by God. Now go claim it. ~ Denzel Washington

Groveport Heisman's picture

Votto has been hurt all year. We need offense any way possible. All year we have dealt with lengthy injuries to important pieces. I would love for us to pick up a big bat that plays left field. We have a lot of pieces and I thought we would make moves one way or the other but we shall see.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
OSUStu's picture

Not a Reds fan.  But they may actually be considering selling at this point.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+1 HS
DeepSouthBuckeye's picture

It's pretty hard to guage right now. 3 weeks ago, the Reds were one of the hottest teams in baseball, and were probably headed into the deadline as major buyers. At the time, they felt adding one more bat could take them into the playoffs again. Flashforward to now, and they can't seem to win a ball game. They appear to be in sell mode now, trying to dump some of the outrageous contracts we have. Seems they have dangled Latos around, but he would require a huge return that I do not think most teams are willing to pay.

With all that being said, the Reds desperately need another hitter. A guy like Ben Zobrist would be the perfect fit, since he can play basically anywhere on the field. But with Tampa Bay playing better now, they may not be in sell mode anymore. A corner OF, or corner IF (with Votta out)  seem the major areas of need. SS too. But cant fix everything at once.

I don't see the Reds making any moves today, which is frustrating.

Loving all things Buckeye from SEC country in Alabama.

"How firm thy friendship....O-HI-O"

+1 HS
SouthernBuck's picture

Mid season trades haven't been popular with this GM.  I hate it but the injuries have done this lineup in.  The sad thing is, the "role" players, ie: Billy,Frazier, Mes, Pena, are doing their parts.  It's a shame the big sticks are out.  I like Jay Bruce as a man but would trade him in a heartbeat.  A championship caliber team can't wait out the 2 months of looking like a single A player for the 2 weeks of an MLB right field bat.  I'd probably stick with Cozy just because he is soo good in the field and still young and cheap.

+2 HS
toad1204's picture

I've seen multiple reports they are dangling Latos, not cheap probably for a bat, since they seem to have lost all of theirs.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+1 HS
MAVBuck's picture

The Reds arent much for making moves at the trade deadline but I dont see how they continue to win at this point without adding another bat. With 3 solid teams in front of them that they cant seem to beat head to head I think they have to play .650 ball the rest of the way in order to win the division. Not going to be easy with the Cards going out and adding more pitching. 

Hate to say it as a Reds fan but Im a week or two away from saying its a lost season.

+1 HS
WezBuck28's picture

I totally agree..except I think its already a lost season..very disappointing season!

+2 HS

We went into the All-Star break one of the hottest teams around then come out of the break and lose 7 straight? Not giving up hope yet but yea that was a huge disappointment.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
buckeyes763's picture

They need to make a deal with the devil for no more injuries. And for a left fielder who can hit.

+1 HS
45OH4IO's picture

Yeah, the Cardinals aren't messing around. Sorry to say it, but bail!

+1 HS
niblick's picture

theres not a trade on the planet that can make up for the injuries

Wow the Detroit Tigers just got David Price from Tampa. Thats what a serious move looks like.

UrbanBuckeye's picture

Reds are pitiful lately. So hard to watch.

In Urban We Trust!

+1 HS
ITWASME's picture

Add an "ox" to that and that's my team