Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

49ers RB Kendall Hunter out with torn ACL

11UrbzAndSpices's picture
July 26, 2014 at 4:16pm
10 Comments

Never happy when someone is injured, but by default Carlos Hyde moves up one spot on the depth chart.

Groveport Heisman's picture

Carlos is going to flourish out in Cali no matter what. My jealousy wanted him here in Cincinnati but the fact of the matter is he couldnt have went to a better situation.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
osu407's picture

I heard this earlier and felt a little guilty about being happy about a player's injury, but this will give Hyde a chance to explode in the NFL which makes me very excited. 

+5 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

I'm sure defenses are excited about getting a break from Frank Gore just to see Guapo come in. 

+7 HS
sharks's picture

Kendall Hunter on a downvotin tear here

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+3 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

I have been doing a fantasy league with my buddies for a few years now. Last year I took first place. Of my friends, I am one of the few who religiously research, watch and analyze the game of football. I'm also the only one from Ohio, what does that tell you? When I predicted that Carlos Hyde would be the starting RB in San Francisco in 2 years time, they shot my prediction down with facts like Frank Gore's athleticism and the current depth on the roster. Needless to say, I am feeling confident with my prediction. As always.

luckynutz's picture

With Gore on the wrong side of 30, his injury history and harbaughs propensity to use the power run game....it all adds up to a sizable role going forward for Hyde. LaMichael James and Hunter arent fit for the system they run. They are both change of pace, third down types. And Anthony Dixon is a short yardage, red zone vulture. Hyde brings a full compliment of what Harbaugh wants to the table...size, speed, power and a good set of hands out of the backfield. Its still Gores job...but I can see Hyde being worked into to preserve Gores legs through the grind of a 16 game schedule.

+2 HS
James F's picture

Anthony Dixon now plays for the Buffalo Bills.

luckynutz's picture

Didnt realize he moved on. Guess that gives hyde even more oppotunity to get himself on the field as a short yardage/goal line back as well. Even better.

TraptnMI's picture

Lattimore or Hyde for second string duties? Both incredible backs and what Marshawns been through, my god! Both excellent people.

" It's real good whatcha done Anthony, real good ! "

Seattle Linga's picture

I remember when LeCharles Bentley tore his ACL the very first play from scrimmage at the very first day of mini-camp - I'm still sour about the fact he wasn't able to play for C-Town.

Still sucks for Kendall being out this year - happy for Hyde