Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Any Sports Bettors?

kgratz's picture
July 21, 2014 at 11:12am
2 Comments

Anybody here at 11w bet on sports?  I thought it might be cool to start a forum to talk about picks, lines, and futures.  

FROMTHE18's picture

I bet on sports. Usually stick to soccer, football, basketball, and tennis. I use BetFair because of its cash out feature, which can add a bit of extra over-thinking during the games you've bet on but also allows you to walk away with winnings before your bet fails. Recently, I did quite well during the World Cup and won a bit of money on the Wimbledon Final, betting mid-match that Federer would win (33/1 odds) and cashing out late in the last set, won about 80 Euros on a 5 euro bet (I live in Spain). I threw about 50 euros on Germany to beat Brazil 4-1 at 40/1 odds (I believe) and cashed out when the score got to 4-0 so made quite a bit of cash on that as well. I try to keep my bets below 50, its not exciting but I bet more for the extra fun when watching the sport and if the bet comes through its a nice bit of extra cash, also the losses aren't enormous. Have some friends that are more than willing to throw quite a bit of money down on bets. Had one friend win a bunch of money on a 5-match accumulator for the Premiership, got all 5 matches correct, won over 2,000 on like a 20 pound (British) bet, was impressive. 

+1 HS
kgratz's picture

I have found that a lot of the overseas sports books have a lot better features than the US ones.  I use bovada mostly because it's the only one I can use.  Like you said I don't use it to make my living, but it really makes any sports event exciting.  I usually stick to football and basketball but this summer i messed around with the World Cup and Wimbledon.  One of my much wealthier friends last year bet $600 on A&M vs Bama and won on johnny footballs last second TD pass. It was epic.

Have you looked at any Week 1 lines or futures for NFL/CFB

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS