Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Reds

Knarcisi's picture
July 13, 2014 at 5:24pm
105 Comments

Gotta like where we are at, considering all the injuries and how the season started.  7 games above 0.500 and 1.5 out of 1st.  The game today closed us winning all 4 series in the first half against the Pirates, totaling 9 out of 13 from them.  Hamilton has been the table setter and Frazier and Mesoraco are having great years.  You have to think if we keep Cueto, Simon, Latos, and Chapman healthy, we can make a really nice run.

rosycheeks's picture

Star of the game is some guy I'd never heard of. Seems like they're living a charmed life right now (well, except for the crazy rash of injuries). Hope they can keep it up.

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

No, they're just getting contributions from everyone.  The way it's supposed to be.  With Votto out, we really don't have a star on this team, and that's a good thing.

+2 HS
Bucksfan's picture

Hard to say there aren't any stars on a team that has 5 All Stars...and probably the biggest "star" Billy Hamilton isn't one of those 5.  Everyone knows who he is.

+2 HS
GetBuckedUp's picture

It's going to absolutely suck when we can't afford any of those above players. They'll probably have to make a choice of Latos or Cueto in the near future as both contracts are up soon.

To be honest, Votto has vastly underperformed since his new contract and has had multiple DL stints. Wonder if the Red's would consider trading him to make salary room

And from what I hear, we probably won't keep Chapman as he doesn't want to start and the Reds are pushing him to be a starter.

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Enjoy the moment.

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Hamilton and Frazier are really holding us down. Then you look at the box score and realize that Mesoraco is batting .304 with 16 HR's and 45 RBI's. We needed to seal the deal today and we did. If we ever get fully healthy we are going to be a very very dangerous team. Broxton and Chapman have been superb closing out games and we have the starting pitching depth stockpiled for the long haul. If Votto was to get fully healed and back in form look out. Right now I'm just really enjoying watching a Star be born with Billy Hamilton,one of the most exciting players in baseball not only right now but for the coming years. Bonus: He actually took a walk today.Progress at its finest.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

His best is yet to come.  He gets that OBP above 0.350 and he'll steal over 100 bases and score over 100 runs.

Knarcisi's picture

By the way, your boy Rick still had his profile open today with -160 helmet stickers.  He edited his profile header pleading for upvotes to get him back into commission because you and I single handedly, unlawfully downvoted him into oblivion.  He's gone, now.  They must have booted him.  LOL.

-5 HS

Yea the thing with The Rick is that was his "other" profile. He didnt have enough HS to vote last night but as soon as he posted he would get a upvote instantly within seconds and as soon as one of us posted we would get a DV instantly. He was signed on to 2 different names and I havent figured out what the other one is yet. Hopefully that was his irrational drunk screen name and we wont have to deal with too much of that in the future.=)

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-4 HS
Knarcisi's picture

I was really trying to keep it above board, and just told him to expect some backlash with a lot of Reds fans on the sight.  He got out of hand really badly, and I held back as much as I could after being called bitch, butthurt, whiner, sore loser, etc. I just decided to keep the banter and let him dig his own grave.

-3 HS

Looks like whatever other screen name he uses hasnt went anywhere cause he is tagging you immediately. Oh well he deserved everything that came his way. Favorite part was how his  profile said he was a steelers fan but claimed to be a Browns fan. Said he only roots for the steelers because of his wife. Pretty evident who wears the big boy britches in that household.

-3 HS
AndyVance's picture

You stay classy Groveport - I fly the black and gold as a "married-in" fan, but I know who wears the... oh, what were we talking about again?

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

You get a pass, Andy Pants, I mean Vance. 

-2 HS
AndyVance's picture

The good thing about being a Steelers fan is that it's pretty easy to root for them with so many former Buckeyes prowling the sidelines - and starting, too. Cameron Heyward and Ryan Shazier are going to be huge on the defense this year, and The Venerable Dick LeBeau remains the best defensive coordinator in the league, if not in the history of the game. Throw in the four or five other guys on the squad right now, and it's like Columbus East in the Steel City.

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

I grew up in eastern OH an hour from Pittsburgh. All my buddies were Steeler fans. There were seasons they beat us 3 times. The scars run deep, so does my hate for them.  

And stop bringing up LeBeau. I have recurring fantasies he will do a swan song for a few years and run our defense. 

-1 HS
AndyVance's picture

If by "our defense" you mean Ohio State's, I'm all in... if you mean Cleveland's NFL franchise, not so much :)

Knarcisi's picture

Yes, I mean the Bucks, a swan song at his alma mater.

-1 HS
AndyVance's picture

If Dick LeBeau "came home," it would be like Christmas, Independence Day and Thanksgiving all wrapped up in one. If there is one former player I'd love to see more involved with our university, it's him by far.

Knarcisi's picture

Andy, Andy, your doing nothing to snuff my fantasy that I know won't come true.

I have to think that we reach out to him or get some consulting?

-1 HS
AndyVance's picture

I've always wondered why you never hear stories about him being back on campus, or talking to the team or anything like that... I'd think someone at OSU would be making friends with one of the most successful former football players in school history, no?

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Yep, Groveport, every one of my comments in here just got hit. I think yours did too. 

-1 HS
cinserious's picture

Who's the downvote whore?

Probably 'The Rick' from last night but how does that explain the 2 and 3 DVs per comment? Either he has accomplices or he's running multiple accounts just to settle personal vendettas.

Gone ham, be back soon...

-4 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Yep, every one of my comments, in other forums too.  Probably doing it to you and Groveport, too.

+1 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

The fact that team is over .500, by 7 games no less, is truly incredible. The injuries they've suffered this year are silly.

True Birm. They have been crushed with major injuries that should have buried them in the cellar. I think its a testament to how good the team actually is or maybe just how good the pitching actually is. Offense heats up and gets healthy and we could be in for a nice surprise.

-2 HS
KansasBuckeye's picture

I also think it's a strong testament of Bryan Price as the manager of that team. He has done an exceptional job with the team, although i feel that Cingrani and Hoover taking such dramatic steps backward is also a result of his no longer being pitching coach.

+4 HS
GetBuckedUp's picture

Hoover is about the most hit or miss pitcher. Last year he finished off the year strong but also ruined games early on. This year he has been a consistent letdown. 1-7 record as a relief pitcher. I honestly feel he should be in AAA and Cingrani should be used in the bullpen.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Nice to see Birm posting on one of mine instead of the other way around. A Reds fan, a smart man indeed. 

BrewstersMillions's picture

The mere fact that you don't have the pitcher's equivalent to the omnipresent AIRBHG  managing the team anymore should have Reds fans optimistic. NL Central is wide open. They are having a real nice season all things considered.

4-6 seconds from point A to point B and when you get to point B, be pissed off

+4 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

If they can get healthy and keep it close, a playoff run could definitely ensue. It's definitely looking a lot better considering where they were a month ago and with their roster issues.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

I just have a better feeling this year. Hamilton makes a world of difference at the top. Sets it all up. And when you have 3 horses like Cueto, Simon, and Latos (we're usually lucky to have 1) and Sandman to close, that's tough to beat. Those 5 I just mentioned stay healthy the whole 2nd half, we will be there. 

+1 HS
ShoeHolder's picture

I sincerely hope the the Reds can keep stringing together series in the back half of the year. Something seems a bit different about this team than the last couple of years - they seem like they can scramble to make plays in key situations. The Reds have not been able to do that in the last couple of years. I think guys like Billy Hamilton making plays like the swim move single on a bunt directly to first get the rest of the team motivated.

I really think this could be the year to make a run. God - that sounded like a browns fan. Haha. 

"Hippies. They're everywhere. They wanna save the Earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

+4 HS
seafus26's picture

I'm very pleased with where the Reds are considering the rash of injuries and the division we play in. The central used to be a joke, but it is now one of the top divisions in sports. I have not been a Hoover fan for a year and a half, though. It's hard to lose 7 games as a reliever in one year. We're at the halfway point and he already has. But lets focus on the positive, our line up has been constantly forced to change with players out, and we're in perfect position. The starting pitching has has been phenomenal. Leake had a really solid stretch when we were not playing good ball. He shocked me. I'm really looking forward to the second half!

Go Bucks and michigan STILL SUCKS!

+2 HS
ShoeHolder's picture

Seafus - totally get what you're saying about Hoover. Relievers not named Aroldis Chapman have been a nagging issue for the team for the last couple of years. That being said, you're on the money that Leake has turned it on this season. Speaking of money, Homer Bailey with his 8-5 record and 4.21 ERA needs to start earning $105 million. 

"Hippies. They're everywhere. They wanna save the Earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

+3 HS
seafus26's picture

I've got some funny stories about Mr. Homer. I live in Houston now and a good portion, as always, of the under 18 USA Team were from here and currently one is my neighbor. Lets just say Mr. Homer has had good harmless times, but loves his beer ( as do we all). But some of the stories, as they were  in Venezuela for a tourney and given special directions of what to do and not to do because of the regime of Hugo Chavez are priceless. I know we're way off subject but this is one dude that I've gotten to like just from stories. He has had some tough breaks ( a couple due to Mr. Hoover) but I trust from everything I've heard about him, this "John Wayne" of baseball will pull through no matter what it takes. He's got to cut the walks down, without a doubt. And at times he'll cowboy it too much and go mono y mono and try to power one past the hitter. Thing is with him when he remains more around 93mph-ish he has more run in that fastball. When he over throws, it flattens out and the bat finds the ball. Man I wish this was the place to tell stories of the character I've heard of. Nothing bad, but certainly a man's man and traditional Texan

+3 HS
ShoeHolder's picture

Good stuff. I hope he's able to pull it together more consistently. He has really shown some flashes of brilliant pitching. 

I spent a summer in Houston for an internship a few years back. I don't know how you all deal with the humidity. I couldn't take it. I liked Houston overall though. 

+2 HS
seafus26's picture

There's no way around it, second half of July, August and September are crazy humid. I live on the water in a neighborhood that is an island in Lake Conroe. Get a little warm, crack a cold one and jump in. Five minutes later, repeat. But I guess it's something you get used to. I work 2 weeks on in western PA and return here for 2 weeks off. The extreme colds get me now more than this does. I loved the cold when I was a kid. I miss the Astros not being in the central anymore. That always gave me more opportunities to see the Red Legs. When time permits working and living near Pitt, I  get to see them

+1 HS
luckynutz's picture

Ive had the pleasure of serving homer at the bar I work at. Totally random I know...but a guy who is a regular there knows Homer. And has brought him up on occasion. Homer loves his Miller Lite. And most conversations I had with him centered on hunting, fishing and Texas. I did my best to avoid acting like a fanboy and blowing him up with questions about baseball. And if you didnt know who he was, you would figure him to be a good old country boy. Not a starting pitcher for a MLB team.

+2 HS

Most of my best life memories involve Hunting,Fishing,and Texas. Would have been a hell of a conversation for me. Cool shit though,and thanks for sharing.

Knarcisi's picture

Thanks for sharing. And accurate assessment. 

+1 HS
GetBuckedUp's picture

Just a little note as to where this division is headed. I know for the Reds, they have 19 games against divisional opponents in the month of September. 

Might definitely come right down to the wire.

+1 HS
Keith Byars is the man's picture

This division is going to be a dog fight to the end. Need to get healthy and continue to get production throughout the lineup. Very happy with how they played near the end of the first half of season. I'm still waiting on the brew crew to fall apart. 

Nothing is Impossible!!!

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Brew crew has already started the fall. 

+3 HS

Yep I think their fall has begun but the battle between the reds, cards, and bucs are heating up. Love to see them all make the playoffs to prove again that the nl central is the best.

Nothing is Impossible!!!

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

That wildcard game needs to be a 3 game series. Of course, I would feel differently had we won it. 

+1 HS

I feel the same about the wild card but would not want to be the team waiting around to play the winner. 

Nothing is Impossible!!!

+1 HS
Sims_tOSU's picture

Im not a huge reds fan (more of a tribe fan) but i still love ohio teams none the less! Awesome they are repping for ohio the right way ! 

+2 HS
irishfury's picture

It seems like the first half of the schedule was brutal.  Seemed like every series was against a good team.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Anyone notice my downvote troll in here?

-3 HS
rightfield's picture

Went to the game yesterday and had a great time despite the monsoon. My wishes for the Reds; 1) no more JJ Hoover

2) more games against the Cubs

3) trade for a .300 hitting SS. if there is one in the majors who doesn't play for Colorado

4) keep Reds starters off the DL

Its good to be the king

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

I've been pretty disappointed with Cozart at the plate, as well.  He has a magical glove.  And he really appears to have the tools to be a good hitter.  I think it's in approach.  He swings at way too many pitches early in the count and doesn't see enough pitches.  I don't know how many times over the past few years I've seen him come to the plate with men on, then hack at a first or second pitch to hit a weak grounder or fly ball.  All while hitting 0.225.  That's a lot of the coach's responsibility in my opinion and why Brook Jacoby is no longer here.

-1 HS
Furious George 27's picture

I would rather get a .300 power hitting LF, Cozart is good with the glove and to get to .233 he has been hitting close to .300 with the slow start.

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+2 HS
ECSAGESTER's picture

Redlegs are in a great spot at every position...except LF. I have no problem with Cozart, he adds so much value with his glove that I can come to terms with a less-than-stellar bat. Ryan Ludwick in left is a much bigger issue. 

+3 HS
buckeyebfd's picture

If anything, the best they can do is a rental player in left. Pretty high on Jesse Winkler at AA, I think Baseball America had him in their top 50 prospects and a lot of people say he has the sweetest swing in all of the minors

+2 HS
ECSAGESTER's picture

He played in the Futures game yesterday, didn't get a chance to watch. Hamilton, Winker, and Stephenson are the future of the franchise, which gives me some comfort knowing that the pitching stable will be full for a while. 

+1 HS
Furious George 27's picture

I would take 1 rental LF over 3 inconsistent LFs right now.

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+1 HS
Firedup's picture

Asdrubal Cabrera for Ryan Ludwick??

I know Cabrera doesn't have the numbers for the whole season but recently has been much better.  It would be an offensive upgrade over Cozart.  Ludwick could be a beneficial plattoon player in RF against Lefties for the Tribe. 

"Making the Great State of Ohio Proud!" UFM

MoBucks's picture

They should trade Votto because he will never be the same again after the HUGE contract and that will help them keep all the pitchers. The 10 year contracts just never pan out. They could probably get another 300 hitter as well as keep the starting rotation there.

kmoe

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Gonna need him healthy and hitting for a while to do that ... and they'll need to eat a lot of that contract.

-1 HS
ECSAGESTER's picture

Votto is one of the best hitters in baseball and the cornerstone of the franchise. Consistently worth 6 wins a year, I want Votto to be a Red until he retires. 

+3 HS
Buckeye in Illini country's picture

I agree.  We just should not rush him back.  Get those legs 100% before stepping on the field.  He was using all upper body in his swings before going back on the DL.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+1 HS
Bucksfan's picture

Billy is electrifying, Toddfather is incredibly likeable, Meso has the workings to be the second coming of Johnny Bench, the outfield arms are some of the best in baseball, the Missile is what Missile does, and not enough can be said about just how good this starting rotation is.  It's a fun team to root for...the batting averages are very mediocre from top to bottom, and the runs can simply disappear at times, but many guys can hit the long ball to change the outcome of any game.

Reds, baby!

+2 HS
hodge's picture

I'm loving what Mes can do with the bat, but I feel that he's a long ways away from the defensive catcher that Hanigan was.  Though he wasn't great with the bat, the guy was an expert pitch framer and had a cannon for an arm.  Mesoraco has the arm, but he's worlds away from guys like Molina and Hanigan in pitch framing.  And since that skill influences called strikes in a game, it's a pretty detrimental flaw in my opinion.

Hoping he gets that ship righted soon.

+2 HS
Bucksfan's picture

Mes has what feels like about three dozen tag-outs at the plate to his credit this season.  I don't know much about the pitch framing you're talking about, but Reds pitchers are 10th in the league (5th in NL) in strikeouts and have the 3rd-least number of stolen bases committed against them.  The catcher has as much to do with that as the pitcher.  So, I'm not sure what ship he needs to right.  He's kicking a lot of ass back there.

+5 HS
CincyBuckeye04's picture

I agree. People always are giving all the credit to the guy who throws the ball (the assist), but also don't give enough credit to the catcher applying the tag. It's a part of the play that's taken for granted when in reality it's incredibly difficult especially with the new rule in place with regards to blocking the plate. I think Mes has done a great job. He will only get better in throwing runners out and I honestly think the framing of the pitch argument might be a little overblown, although I agree that Molina and Hanigan are noticeably better at that skill. Our team strikes out a ton of batters evidenced by all the free pizza vouchers I have accumulated this year. I think Mes's ability to call games has improved significantly with the chance to hold down the starting gig that he has been given this year. He's truly a guy that is showing consistent improvement with the more opportunities he's given. Let's hope it keeps up!

+3 HS
Bucksfan's picture

That is so unfair.  3 of my all-Saturdays tickets this year featured 10 strikeouts in each game...no pizza.

+2 HS
hodge's picture

You're absolutely right that the catcher has as much to do with a pitcher's performance as the pitcher himself.  Mes has proved to be quite good at calling games, but pitch framing is a different part of the equation.  Over the course of a game, about 78 pitches are umpire decisions -- a decision that is based upon three factors (1) the pitch's placement, (2) the umpire's judgement, and (3) the catcher's ability to "frame" the ball in the strikezone (normally by centering the body around the pitch and keeping the mitt within the strikezone with the ball is squeezed).  According to Statcorner's ratings, Mes is firmly towards the bottom of the league.  His framing is actually better than I thought (near league average); but because he plays so much it translates to about .5 "missed strike" calls a game, or almost four runs below league average this season.  (Probably not enough to even write this much on it haha.)

Granted, he's made up for a lot of that with his bat, but one could argue that his "missed strike" calls average has been bolstered by one of the finest pitching rotations in the MLB.  I like Mesoraco a lot, and he's been more valuable than Hanigan in a great many ways, I just want to see him pick up Hanny's ability for stellar framing, too.  Maybe I just want too damn much haha.

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Re: Mes, we haven't had a decent hitting catcher since Bench.

+1 HS
luckynutz's picture

One place Ive noticed Hanigans absence is when Homer is on the mound. Probably something most people overlooked...hanny always caught when Homer pitched. And was the backstop when Homer threw both his no hitters. Hanny was Homers catcher...so it shouldnt be surprising that he had early struggles. It may seem trivial, but some pitchers get into a groove with a catcher, and when they dont have them back there it messes with their routine.

Other than that...Meso is becoming a very reliable every day catcher. Hes hitting, hes handling the staff much better and his defense is coming along quite nicely. And I know it sucks Hanigan left...because I freaking loved him. But picking up Pena has proven to be huge so far. Timely pinch hitting, solid job filling in at 1B and spelling Meso when needed. He has an infectious attitude...always smiling. Which is pretty big for a team facing the issues the Reds have had thrown at them early.

+2 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

sorry reds fans but your season is over (via old friend @sarbucks):

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

Bucksfan's picture

Well, by that criteria, good luck to your Dodgers.

+9 HS

She does look better in white though.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+3 HS
CincyBuckeye04's picture

I don't know why, but I can't stop watching this GIF.

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

That's better than your "Changing Icon".

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Schottzie is back!

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

A Reds forum remaining on the front board for a day.  It's the offseason, but darn proud of my fellow Red Leg supporters!

+2 HS

Maybe one of the staff members can out the turd that is abusing his voting privileges? Seen multiple threads ruined and people scared to even comment in them because of the abuse.Sucks that legitimate threads get ruined for trolls revenge.

And for the record I think I have UV'ed every comment in the thread to try to equal out the troll.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Priestas is on it.  He got it once already, but looks like it's happening again.  Someone must really need a life to have multiple accounts on here and to go through that trouble.

+2 HS

Wow I went back through and checked and its just you,me,and Cinserious getting nailed. Oh well it doesnt bug me until it starts killing threads where people dont even want to comment for fear of the troll under the bridge. Yea Jason has had to out people before when things like this has gotten out of hand and I'm sure we will see it happen again soon. =)

I'm really curious to see who it is that has this much time and hate invested. They are going to be in for a shock.

Firedup's picture

Serious question, how can the Reds make a run to climb the NL Central? Or is the focus on the WIld Card because both teams will be coming out of the Central? I am sorry but I don't see the Cardinals falling off the current pace in the division.  Who is more likely to stumble Pitt, Mil, or Cinn?

+1 HS

Cards are what "a half" game ahead of Cincy? And the Reds have done that while dealing with a boat load of injuries to important players. Its going to be fun to watch but if you notice the way the teams have been playing I think your answer is the Brewers falling off. Hell all 3 teams could make the playoffs. Brewers now have a 1 game lead over Cards and a 1.5 game lead over Cincy. Seems like just a month ago they had a 9 game lead over everyone.

Knarcisi's picture

Cards underachieve in my opinion.  They give us, the Pirates, and the Brewers heck, and seem to play 0.500 ball against everyone else.  That staff and that lineup, their record should be better.  Heck, that team that won the WS several years ago only won 84 games in the regular season.  Like I said, with Cueto, Latos, Simon, Champman, and Hamilton healthy, I like our chances.

+2 HS
GetBuckedUp's picture

I wouldn't call the Cards an "underachieving" team because they are far from that. Considering since 2000 the team has been to the World Series 4 times and won 2 of them while and consistently making playoff appearances.  In 2011 they won 90 games during the season, not 84. And I do believe they came back to win that World Series after being down. Also, playing out of division teams at .500 doesn't mean they are underachieving. They win the meat of the schedule, divisional games. And if they play at .500 against all others, they're keeping a consistent W/L ratio to help them in the standings.
Honestly if any team underachieves, it's definitely the Reds. They have been consistent in getting into the playoffs the past several but can't make it further than making it. Everyone was so against the Dusty Baker firing, but as a fan, I welcomed it. And so far, besides some minor managerial mistakes, he has done one hell of a job with all the injuries the Reds have dealt with.

I absolutely hate the Cardinals, but they are a great franchise and always are a tough opponent.  Hate to see any player go down, but them losing Yadi is huge for the Reds, Brewers and Pirates.

Knarcisi's picture

Might have been a strong word. Great franchise and baseball city. As well as they play against us, and as loaded as they are, just seems they would be a little more dominant. Feels like they should be playing 0.600 ball instead of swimming with us and the Pirates. 

+1 HS
Firedup's picture

Brewers have also scored about 70 more runs than Cardinals and Reds but their differential is only +17 as they have given up 406 runs.  Can their hitting continue to cover for their average pitching?  Also how does the rest of the schedule play out for the Reds? More home or away games? More divisional opponets or cross overs against winning teams?

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

I figure it's about the end of July when Braun tests positive for PEDs again. 

13 of 21 series are against teams currently at or above .500 (3 of the 4 other NL Central teams are above .500).  They've played one more home game this year than road game so far.

H: 27-21

R: 24-23

Last six games are at home against Brewers and Pirates. (Last 19 games are against NL Central teams).

+1 HS
Firedup's picture

Ouch! that's certain a difficult schedule to contend with as it appears on paper today.  That Braves series is going to be a monster with potentially the Reds and Braves going at it for the last WC.  I see Nats firmly entrenched as the NL East champion if Gonzalez and Strasburg come back strong.  If the Reds make the playoffs, they will have certainly earned it.  Good Luck 

apack614's picture

All I've seen on the Phillips injury is he is out 6-8 weeks, has anyone else heard otherwise? I have a hard time keeping up with MLB

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Correct. Negron had a big game the other night. Schumaker should be back soon and can play 2nd. 

+1 HS
apack614's picture

Okay thanks for the update! Knarcisi

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS

Charlie Sheen is a very likeable guy and a Reds fan!

Knarcisi's picture

You have to think Jocketty is looking for a RP or two. I'm confident with LeCure, Broxton, and Chapman. I sure don't want to rely on Hoover and Ondrusek. 

Rob Reese's picture
Saw this sweet pic from Cincinnati the other day, wait.....what the............?

+1 HS
TedGinnIsFasterThanYou's picture

Whoa, that dude can deep throat LOL

Is that Eli Manning?

+3 HS

That is very disturbing.

+1 HS

This fan from a Cubs/Pirates game always cracks me up...

+2 HS

one of the funniest things about that video is that, a.) he looks like a relatively normal guy, and, b.) he is sitting by himself.

I wonder if he had a few friends that dared him to do that on a bet --- daring him to get in front of the camera and do oral gestures. I hope he got some good $ for meeting that challenge haha. He kind of looks like Adam from Workaholics, btw.

+2 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Good  observations.  Notice the guys to either side of him, presumably strangers (?), are thoroughly enjoying his show.   I could watch that all night, I'm laughing so hard.  I suppose I can say that being 100% confident in my sexuality.

Classic. 

+1 HS
hodge's picture

I'm interested to see everyone's opinion on this.  If the market's right, do we trade Simon?

RedReporter had a great article on this last week: "The Reds Should Trade Alfredo Simon. Like, right now."

+1 HS

Have to be some block buster pieces to justify trading him at this point. These are the type of moves WJ is famous for. You either come out looking like a genius or tucking your tail wanting a do over. I would have to see the actual pieces in the packages before I could give a definitive yes or no though.I can't see writing this season off yet and I feel with our rotation we are legitimate contenders.

Reds will end up finishing next to last in the NL Central, just above the lowly Cubs.