Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

LEBRON COMING HOME

TraSmith4's picture
July 6, 2014 at 11:11pm
259 Comments
OSU069's picture

I am still going to remain cautiously optimistic about this but I am getting excited.

+9 HS
KingsRite's picture

After watching the Heat in the Finals, I realized that the Big 3 is done. Regardless of what Lebron does, Miami is done as far as being dominant. Rebuild mode for them and the Cavs are missing less pieces. Come on Home Lebron!

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+6 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Yes come home Lebron but I'm not on board yet b/c stranger things have happened and until the ink is dry - I will pass on the celebration. 

+3 HS
UrbzRenewal's picture

A thread about a thread. Threadception?

+17 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Hmmm.. so if you posted a thread about this thread which was about another thread would we then be too deep to wake up from the thread???

+2 HS
Earle's picture

Italics are for emphasis.

+2 HS
TraSmith4's picture
time to wake up guys...
+4 HS
toad1204's picture

I think Timmons needs to be mentioned here for some reason.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+5 HS
Poison nuts's picture

A Timmons meme? Oh lord, that is quite amazing! +1 but I wish there was a +100 for you....

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+1 HS
Dr. House's picture
+2 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Then the Cavs can go 82-BO and 16-BO in the playoffs!

Class of 2010.

+3 HS
Dr. House's picture

fucking beautiful bravo and take my upvote

-2 HS
gumtape's picture

I work two blocks from Caroline's cupcakes (the store reporting the rumors).I have no idea where lebron is going but I highly recommend the peanut butter and chocolate cupcake.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+10 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Rumors now swirling if LeBron goes home then Bosh says screw Miami and he goes home to Texas (Houston) and then you wonder would Wade say screw it and go home to Chicago??? Just thinking out loud :)))

#Believeland #bringhimhome

+4 HS
BierStube's picture

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+10 HS
dwcbuckeye's picture

^^ You are good.  Love it

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Who knows...Wade has kind of been Mr. Heat over his career - only team he's played for, was part of their first championship team long before LeBron and Bosh came in...he's been the face of the franchise.  I wouldn't be shocked at him staying in Miami even if LeBron and Bosh don't.

If LeBron comes back to the Cavs, then I wouldn't really give a shit what Wade or Bosh do.

Class of 2010.

KingsRite's picture

The monkey wrench appears to be Bosh to Houston and Carmelo to Miami. Does Lebron stay in Miami if Carmelo comes in? If Carmelo goes to LA and Bosh wants out of Miami...Oh my!

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Word is Carmelo was at UCLA working out with Kobe and KLove and that Melo has decided it's between New York and the Lakers and nobody else. Bosh rumors say he will only leave Miami if LeBron leaves first so that takes the monkey wrench out of it.

+2 HS
KingsRite's picture

Stephen A. was talking on SportsCenter like Carmelo to Miami  is a strong possibility. I hope not. I really don't see how staying in Miami would be good for Lebron. I don't see him going West either. Cleveland seems like the best fit.

+2 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Yeah you are right I just heard the same thing from Stephen A. this is becoming a soap opera that I can't stop watching which would be a first lol.

+5 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Stephen A. was talking

Never a good thing.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I find him knowledgeable but an egomaniac and I can only watch his act for so long.

+1 HS
HolyBuckeye1093's picture

It very well could be that Lebron is waiting for Bosh to move on to a team with cap room to sign him and then both Lebron and Melo can get max deals in Mia. Yes Melo would be taking less in Mia than NY or LA but remember that Fla has no state income tax and that loss of money wouldnt be nearly as significant. If those two join up in Mia then I think we see players take less to go there like they have the past two years. What's lost in Bosh to Hou would be how good Hou would be. Beverly, Harden, Parsons, Bosh, and Howard is one of the best lineups in the NBA.

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Another LeBron thread. -_-

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
AndyVance's picture

Are you saying you didn't take the over on the number of LBJ threads?

+4 HS
danbrown7665's picture

I believe the plan all along was to return to Cleveland and end his career there eventually.I think that's part of the reason why LBJ left and wasn't graceful to the fans ( because he knew he'd be back).  However, I do believe Lebron inks a 1-2 year deal with Miami and then comes back to Cleveland.

"limitations, like fears are often just illusions"
-Michael Jordan, the greatest athlete of all time

+1 HS
Zimmy07's picture

As a Rockets fan, I'm kind of hoping for Lebron, Howard, & Hardin.

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Howard, Bosh and Harden is nothing to sneeze at! LeBron either signs a 1 year deal in Miami then goes to New York next year or he goes home to Cleveland this according to Brian Windhorst on Cowherd this morning. So it benefits you Rocket fans if LeBron goes home then you get Bosh which puts you right there with S.A. and OKC as faves in the west.

+2 HS
703Buckeye's picture

Will you settle for Bosh, Howard, and Hardin?

(Tra got in his response before me... it's what happens when you don't refresh your browser while at work, haha)

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+3 HS
d1145fresh's picture

The ESPN article is really pretty interesting as far as how Cleveland has set themselves up to pitch the idea of the Cavs being good right now with the ability to continue to add pieces in the future. That was the main issue with him leaving last time was the pieces they added sucked and then were unable to bring anything in.

Really I think Miami is the worst place for him. Wade isn't getting healthier and Bosh really isn't the type of dominate big man he needs to play with. And that is not a knock on Bosh it is just that he doesn't really fit with that offense.

It has been interesting to see Vegas' odds on the '15 NBA championship. Cleveland started out at 30/1 and now I see them at 8/1. A lot of this is Vegas hedging their odds but usually these guys know a thing or two when placing the lines.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11184766/cleveland-cavaliers-believe-l...

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

I agree with all of your points! oh and the infamous Dan Gilbert letter has apparently been on the team website for the last 4 years.... it suddenly disappeared today!

RedStorm45's picture

Some of this may just be a smoke screen, thrown out there by his agent, to use as leverage.  Or it could be real - but I will refrain from getting excited until something official is signed.

+2 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Windhorst said LeBron's agent who is based in Cleveland is on great terms with Dan Gilbert and he represents Tristan Thompson as well so if anybody could patch things up between the two of them it would be him. Just trying to be optimistic here but you are right it could all be a smokescreen which would really suck.

theferno's picture

And Cleveland fans remain delusional..

-10 HS
703Buckeye's picture

I think most Cleveland fans believe LeBron is a serious possibility but are by no means guaranteeing he will sign here. Why do you think we are being delusional?

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+2 HS
Fly Patterns's picture

If he doesn't come back to cleveland and this turns out to be hype, what will be left to burn? Does anyone still have any jerseys?

+1 HS
Danify's picture

If he doesn't come back, I will still be excited at the chance to see how Wiggins and Irving work together with Blatt.

RedStorm45's picture

Yes.  Follow Dustin Fox on Twitter and you'll see very few jerseys were burned in 2010.

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

So this could either mean that Bosh goes to Houston and Lebron to Cleveland, or Bosh to Houston and Melo and Lebron to Miami. Hopefully it's the first one. 

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Yep... and more from the nerd or crazy people side of things apparently Kyrie has just put up the "LaFamilia" slogan on his twitter page along with Tristan Thompson.... the other guy... LeBron! Yeah I know... it's stupid but just sharing :) 

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

Well I guess that's interesting. I know Lebron and Tristan Thompson are also friends.

+1 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

I dont quite get the attraction for LBJ or Kobe for that matter to play with Carmelo. Sure, in theory, your team will improve and you get more wins. However, as we have seen in NY that isnt necessarily the case. Furthermore, Denver has faired just as well, if not better, since he left the Mile High city. I cannot see Melo playing team basketball, let alone when LBJ, Wade and Melo all play most of their game on the perimeter.

+2 HS
TraSmith4's picture

If you listen to the interview by Stephen A. on Mike & Mike this morning he said all that matters to Melo is money, money and money!

+1 HS
Zaphod Beeblebrox's picture

I need a bottle of aspirin & ear plugs to listen to Stephen A. Smith talk.

+3 HS

He needs the extra loot to finance LaLa's full court life.

+3 HS
TraSmith4's picture

BREAKING NEWS: The Miami Heat finally got their free agent!

Josh McRoberts! That might swing the pendulum back in favor of the Heat for LBJ ;) lol

this guy ⬆️

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11187465/josh-mcrob...

+1 HS

The Heat got McRoberts? If so they no longer need Chris Bosh. Pretty sure Josh is the fella LBJ really wanted the Heat to pick up. No doubt now Miami returns to the Finals for a 5th straight year!

+3 HS
TraSmith4's picture

More info from Adrian Wojnarowski over at Yahoo:

"The Cavaliers have a young core of Kyrie Irving and No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins, whom general manager David Griffin has gone out of his way to call a shooting guard – clearing the way for James to take over small forward. For Paul, the return of James would give the agent immense leverage in rookie contract extension talks for forward Tristan Thompson. The Cavaliers could have no choice but to pay Thompson – a serviceable young forward – far above market price as a giveback for Paul's part in James' potential return to the Cavaliers."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-lebron-james--agent-has-given-cavaliers...

OSU_ALUM_05's picture

I want LeBron back because I think it'd be fun to watch the Cavs again ... and because he's a once in a generation type of talent that's from Ohio, but I feel like such a douche getting excited for where LeBron plays basketball.  It's too bad my son isn't a little older so I could hide my enthusiasm behind the smoke screen of a small child's fanaticism.  

+1 HS

Bailing on the Cavs in the fashion that he did simply doesn't look good on his resume. And while I think it would be great if he returns I will not hold out any hope of that really happening.

TraSmith4's picture

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Chris Brousard have some serious Cleveland connections??? Pretty sure he does so I think you have to give credence when he says that the Cavs are in the lead.

+2 HS
gumtape's picture

Broussard is an Akron guy, he was at the beacon journal for years and a huge Cavs fan, he may have some wishful thinking here as well.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

TraSmith4's picture
Pat Riley will be like yep we got McRoberts for you Bron Bron!... Bron be like oh that dude who tried to knock my teeth out with his elbow!... yeah that's good enough for me where do I sign.
+3 HS

Some of those dook players love throwing elbows around. Gerald Henderson tried to KO Tyler Hansbrough back in their college days!

+2 HS
Earle's picture

Oops, misread your comment.

vitaminB's picture

Danny Granger signs with the heat.

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

A guy who is a "has been" couldn't get playing time with Pacers and was cut by the 76ers.... is that enough to keep LBJ?

+1 HS

76ers, Pacers...for a second there I thought you were talking about Andrew Bynum.

+3 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

uh, he couldn't get PT with the Pacers because they are practically starting Lance and George at the two wing spots. Was cut by the 76ers because they were cutting salary and didn't have a need for anyone who was a vet. They traded the villian because of that exact reason.

I'm not saying granger is a game changer, but don't act like he was that bad. I bet he will be a decent role player off the bench for the Heat. Definitely not a starter but they are only paying him $2 million. He basically replaces Reshard Lewis, and I think Granger is actually an upgrade for that.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

There's a team called the Heat in Europe?

+2 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Chris Sheridan was just on Cleveland radio with Dustin Fox and says he puts it at 75% LeBron goes to Cleveland and here is the article he wrote about it:

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/07/sheridans-top-25-free-agents-jul...

How many more days of speculation are left before LeBron makes his Next Decision?

TraSmith4's picture

Good question! Speculation in Cleveland is that it will be within 24-48 hours after meeting face to face with Pat Riley... but who knows. In the meantime the craziness on social media, cupcake stores and sports radio continues.

I do find it a bit odd that LeBron didn't sell his mansion in Bath & that he also recently bought more land next to his property. You're right though, the craziness of social media won't allow this to go away.

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

You can't forget that Savannah James might have an opinion in this as well... another one of those wacky rumors is that she called up a real estate agent in Cleveland this week trying to find a store front in town to start a juice bar...again all rumors

+1 HS

Yep, and here's another rumor from some friends back home in Akron. If the Heat didn't 3-peat LBJ's wife wants him to return to the Cavs so they can raise their kids in their hometown & they can all attend SVSM. Again though I have no idea if this is true.

+1 HS
lwitters's picture

Plenty of empty store fronts to go around!

OSUClub_Baseball27's picture

Getting a little nervous at the possibility of Melo coming to join LeBron in Miami....

Squirrel Master's picture

as an outsider (and a person who's team pretty much locked up their players so I don't mind all this. FYI, raptors) I see this whole thing going down very wildly.

I see Bosh leaving because he wants to get paid. Plus I think he is dying for a true center on a team. He didn't have one in Toronto and he thought he would have one in Miami, wrong. He would actually play very well with Harden and Howard. Harden is a ball hog, so Bosh could be fine with that. Bosh spreads the floor for Howard, allowing Howard to get his baskets down low (the only kind he does get) without an easy double team. I think he works real well there and Houston could be a decent team if they keep Parsons and start Beverly.

So if Bosh goes, does that mean Lebron leaves too. I doubt it. I think Lebron would be great going back to Cleveland. I think he fits their need and they fit his (young talent to go another 4-5 years as the top contender). BUT, I think he goes back to Miami and takes Carmelo with him. It just seems like its heading that way here lately, and like in 2010 I don't think we know half of what is going on in the background. All I know is Miami is confident and they have proven to have a reason to be. As opposed to the Knicks who have had a terrible track record when they thought they were fine.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

johnblairgobucks's picture

Agree Squirrel, with everything except Melo going to Miami.

+2 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

How does Miami have enough room to give James and Carmelo max contracts like both of them desire?

vitaminB's picture

They only have two players on their roster right now.  They had James, Wade and Bosh all on max or near max deals the last few years.

OSU069's picture

Seems like the Lebron coming home buzz is kind of dying down. Hopefully it's just the calm before the storm . 

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

It's not calming down in Believeland lol tune in to 92.3 The Fan they are nuts!

+2 HS
DannyBeane's picture

You know, Lebron should announce decision during a special on ESPN to really drum up the anticipation. I think the fans will like that.

+5 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

Just don't let there be a Decision pt. 2.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+2 HS

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat.

Besides Cleveland being a less talented team than they were when Lebron left 4 years ago, all other factors influencing Lebron are the same.  

Florida's taxes and weather

Miami Heat front office is better

Sure Lebron is from Ohio and he admittedly loves Ohio, but he felt the same 4 years ago.  His meeting with Pat Riley will be the tell tale on if Lebron will hold back his pride and come back to Cleveland.  IMO, if Lebron comes back to Cleveland he will feel that in some way he made a mistake leaving in the first place... JMO.

-9 HS
OSU069's picture

Lol less talented team than four years ago? No way.

+2 HS

Ha! How did this 2013/2014 talented Cleveland team manage to lose 49 games? Pure awesomeness?

-3 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Pure LeBronless and pure Leaderless that's how

+1 HS

Hope your down votes make you feel better, keep it up another 6,500+ times and I might not be able to voice my opinion here again.  

-10 HS
original buckeye's picture

You're really whining about down votes? Ha! Insecure much?

+3 HS

Can you read?  Wasn't being cryptic.  Try improving your comprehension skills.

-10 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+7 HS
BassDropper's picture

HAHAHAAHA he said this Cavs team doesn't have as much talent as the one Lebron left. Do you guys remember the "talent" Lebron was surrounded by...he wasn't. It was all Lebron, all the time.

Just a reminder/compared to this years team

PG-Mo Williams/Kyrie Irving

SG-Delonte West/Andrew Wiggins 

SF-Lebron/Lebron

PF-Antwan Jamison/Tristan Thompson or Bennett (or Kevin Love)

C-Z/Free Agent

Lebron was the only star on his cavs teams.He already has one superstar on this cavs teams and another who has a very real chance of becoming one.

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS

You forgot to mention Jamario Moon.

+1 HS

I miss Jamario, that dude was hilarious.

+1 HS

I personally miss crazy Delonte West.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

D West = Snitches get Stitches

+3 HS

Remember when he got arrested in Maryland (I think?). That dumb-dumb had a guitar case full of guns strapped to his back while riding a motorcycle. What the heck was he doing, auditioning for an action flick?

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

1/2 of my UV goes to your name - Beebs

jamesrbrown322's picture

You forgot Boobie Gibson off the bench!

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

OSU069's picture

Looking at that lineup makes me sad. We had a 8th man at starting PG, a guy who sleeps with his teammates moms at SG, a washed up old guy at PF, and an often injured guy at center. 

+1 HS

Looking at the 2007 Finals roster...so much talent that never came to fruition...

Boobie Gibson - had that one series, never repeated success. Shannon Brown - amazing college player, good NBA dunker. Llike 7 other players who were spot shooters who choked in the spotlight.

Looking at the 2009-10 season, same thing. Danny Green (we all know his story by now), JJ Hickson, Leon Powe, Anthony Parker, Shaq, Jamison...all guys who had talent, had done some great things, but then in retrospect none of them did anything once lebron left.

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

How can you say that terrible team he left 4 years ago was more talented than this team????!!????

+2 HS

That team won almost 60 games and this team won the lottery.  

-9 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Because they had the best player on the planet!!!! In many ways the fact he took that team to the Finals was more impressive than winning it in Miami!

+1 HS

Was 2013/2014 Miami a better team (minus Lebron) than the Cavs were Lebron's last year in Cleveland?

-8 HS

A whopping 1 victory in a best of seven Finals?  Was 2013/2014 Miami (minus Lebron) better than 49 loss 2013/2014 Cleveland?  

No matter how you slice it Cleveland isn't a good team, regardless of the Irving hype, and are almost unwatchable..... This from a fan who stated up late at night listening to Joe Tait call late night playoff games on the radio back in the 1980's.

-10 HS
TraSmith4's picture

I'm pretty sure he had Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh one definitely a Hall of Famer and the other if he plays long enough has an outside chance as well and they were in their prime years not washed up. 

Never has losing in the Finals been more impressive than winning it all. Doesn't matter what the circumstances were.

-1 HS

Because they had Shaq?

Danify's picture

As seen on Twitter. As been said, lets hope Lucy (LeBron) isn't going to "pull the football" out from under Charlie Brown (Cleveland) again.

+2 HS
Citrus's picture

I took the time to read through Josh Teplitz's tweets (the personal trainer somehow in the know). In sum, LeBron cares about his legacy and the choice was only ever between Cleve and Miami but its Cleve. It Cleve for a number of reasons, some of which have nothing to do with basketball. LeBron wants to continue winning and because of the CAVS' youth, they'll be able to win for a long time. When LeBron's skill have faded a bit, there will still be enough talent on the roster to make it a championship team. Also, the CAVS have some flexibility with next year's picks.

He points out that Napier might have been LBJ's "favorite" player in the draft as in "fun to watch," but that LeBron agrees Wiggins was the best player in the draft. The media made a big deal about LBJ following Napier but he had been following Wiggins for months.

He makes some other interesting points about ESPN's prognostications involving Irving resigning, and that the Big 3 were opting out as part of a coordinated restructuring. We know that ESPN was wrong about Irving (said he wanted out and wouldn't resign), and now it appears that the LBJ and Bosh are legitimately pursuing other options which signals there wasn't that the coordination point was incorrect. 

m

+2 HS
OSUnathen's picture

Cleveland-go get those old LBJ 23 Cavs jersey's out of the back of the closet cause the King is coming home! 

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

I really hope so but we don't know that yet.

ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

Great... thanks for getting me humming Journey...

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

Sam Amico reported that Lebron would wear number 32 in Cleveland....not sure why, I personally want him to stick to 23 or 6

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
TraSmith4's picture

You got this whole thing started on here Bassdropper and I'm with you I want him to stick with 23 but if he ends up coming home... he can wear whatever number he wants and I will still be ridiculously happy!

GABuckeye's picture

$$$$$$$$$$$ <-- That's why he would switch!  Anyone who kept their old 23 jerseys would have to buy a new one.  Also maybe stepping away from 23 would somehow get him out of the shadows of MJ (even though they'll be compared for the rest of his life)??

EvanstonBuckeye's picture

Mine smells a little... uh, smokey.

+2 HS
KingsRite's picture

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Great video Kingsrite - definitely worth the watch - plus 10 UV - if I could 

+3 HS
One Bad Buckeye's picture

People DV-ing the piss out of Johnblairgobucks really need to review the voting policy.  Before I "lay my DV upon thee", I always try and look at the users commenting history and evaluate if the person was really TRYING to be a douche nozzle. If you were to look at Johnblairs comment history, you'd see he's a pretty passionate Cavs fan AND (more importantly) a fellow Buckeye.....He's been around the site longer than many other users and this is the first time I've personally seen him involved in any kind of a fracas (if you can even call it that, he was just stating his opinion).  

I'm kind of with Johnblair in his sentiment too.....what good is dv-ing the heck out of a guy who's been so active in our 11W community that he's accumulated 6500 helmet stickers?!?!?  Are you really trying to send a message that a differing opinion will not be accepted around here? Come on. 

I get it, sometimes you need to DV some fool who's out of line.  But seriously, lighten up folks....do your research before you liberally start dropping your DV hammer.  

Go Bucks!

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+4 HS
TraSmith4's picture

OBB and SeaLinga so we shouldn't DV someone because they are high on some leaderboard of imaginary stickers??? Yeah I don't really agree with that logic. Not going to DV you guys just like I didn't DV John either (because I rarely DV unless it's something that is offensive or way out of line) quite a few of his DV's were from before he decided to openly call out the DVers not once but twice. In my short time here on 11W I've pretty much understood that It's kind of an "unwritten rule" not to beg for UV's, complain about DV's or call out the DVers!

This LBJ thread was mostly a positive thread about LBJ coming home and I think his opinion on LBJ and the Cavs was simply an unpopular one today with all the optimism growing he decided to insert the pessimism so a few DV's had to be expected! 

Every time I offer a dissenting opinion here on 11W I fully expect to get DV's it's just part of the deal but I guess some people take it personal. It only got out of hand for John AFTER he basically broke one of the "unwritten rules"... seems kind of basic to me. I don't see guys like Hovenaut calling people out for DVing them. If you go poke a bear you better be ready for a response and probably not a happy one. Feel free to DV me lol but I'm not going to count or complain and I'm not going to stop and go check to see if that person is on some leaderboard before I decide to DV them. I don't really do that whole good ole boy thing... jus sayin!

Seattle Linga's picture

Don't have to defend anything Smith but I was only stating that the way he reasoned his post and laid it out I thought was well said.   

+5 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Didn't ask for a defense was just expressing an opinion. We all have different ones it's what makes it fun and interesting.

-1 HS

You just reiterated my point.....Johnblair got DV'd for having a different opinion.  I'm not suggesting that helmet stickers should keep you from getting DV'd.  If you're being a jerk, you deserve every bit of it.  What I was suggesting is: before DV-ing someone because you think they might be being a douche, perhaps check their profile and comment history.  And yes, nobody accumulates a bunch of helmet stickers by being an a-hole and having a sketchy comment history.  

EDIT: No DV from be by the way, haha.  

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

Whelp, that was a fun couple of days... :(

DIRECTIONER

-1 HS
buckeyecityterror's picture

Did you see something that I didn't?

If there is no struggle, there is no progress.

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

No. Lebron and Wade had dinner last night but it doesn't really mean much. Wade went to Lebrons camp when he played in Cleveland as well and they are both very good friends. Miami is probably still the favorite but we are up there. 

I agree. Either the cavs have to pull something off soon or i think he's miami bound.  Even though i don't think they will win a title with bosh and wade back. They will need somebody like gasol to put them over the top and good bench players, which they won't have money for.

BassDropper's picture

Sam Amico is saying that his source is saying Miami, and the timing of the meeting and DWade/Lebron partying last night and working out today. Im not an idiot.

DIRECTIONER

Citrus's picture

There is waaaaaaay too much smoke

OSU069's picture

So is this damn meeting today or tommorow? So much different stuff being reported. 

Chris broussard said he had a meeting with nike today and is meeting with riley tomorrow.

Fly Patterns's picture

Has anyone out there actually predicted with good info to back up their prediction about WHEN he will decide?

Citrus's picture

LeBron's meeting with NIKE is interesting. Marketing #TheReturn ?

OSU069's picture

That's exactly what I was thinking. Could be unrelated though. Maybe another shoe or something.

Citrus's picture

Sure, we have a tendency to look at things through what we know and assume things are connected. It may not be.

buckeyeinthechi's picture

Chris Sheridan (@sheridanhoops) tweeted out an hour ago he has a "plugged in source" who says LBJ is 90% coming back home.

There are three different types of people in the world.....those who can count, and those who cannot.

SilverState's picture
+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I heard today that both his agent and his family want him back in Ohio very badly. 

+1 HS
KingsRite's picture

I'm hoping this meeting tomorrow is a> "Thank you Mr. Riley for everything but it is time for me to go back home and keep my promise to the great fans of my home state."

Citrus's picture

I think there could be a Cleveland Miami sign and trade. It would help Cleveland out cap wise and Miami would get picks. Its what Cleveland did when James left the first time

Son of Sevenless's picture

A man once sang, 'the waiting is the hardest part.'

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

I'm embarrassed at how much time I have invested in this the past couple of days. I'm potentially setting myself up for a major letdown. 

I was feeling 80% confident up until yesterday, right now Im at 50/50, with a decision coming tmw. 

DIRECTIONER

TraSmith4's picture

I feel the same way Bassdropper I just hope this concludes sooner than later good or bad because I can't take this craziness for another 3 or 4 days! I felt a little better though when Brousard said he gives the Cavs an 85% chance today!

-1 HS
Bluke221's picture

Yeah it's tough not knowing if he's going to go in One Direction or another. As a casual NBA fan from Ohio I hope he goes to Cleveland.

"Statistics are like bikinis....they reveal a lot but not everything" -- Lou Pinella

+1 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

Marc Stein on Twitter reports salary dump by Cleveland is complete:

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+1 HS
Citrus's picture

They aren't making that deal without feeling damn confident he is signing. 

+1 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

You beat me to it. Either the Cavs got him or are all in on getting him.

+1 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

Now there are reports of pursuit of Mike Miller and/or Ray Allen as well...

Dweinz's picture

not a great plan B... 

Earle's picture

That's a bit of a drop-off.

+1 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

Pretty much anything is...

+1 HS
BuckeyeRick's picture

Breaking News: This report looks like Lebron is leaning towards leaving the country...

MIAMI—After viewing its latest pitch highlighting all he could accomplish with its organization, NBA power forward LeBron James confirmed Tuesday that he is currently leaning toward joining the militant Islamic group Al-Qaeda. “I’ve been doing my due diligence, and right now I’m really interested in [Al-Qaeda leader] Ayman al-Zawahiri’s vision and what he has already built over there,” said James, adding that while he has also considered offers from terrorist organizations such as Boko Haram and the Taliban, he believes heading to Al-Qaeda remains his best opportunity to defeat the West in the immediate future. “It seems like they’re open to doing a max deal, but I’d be willing to take a pay cut if that’s what it’ll take for them to bring in a big-time cell leader to work alongside me. Of course, I also can’t ignore their storied history and the fact that they have such a loyal following. I’m certain they have the personnel to take out both L.A. and San Antonio. Overall, I think moving to the Arabian Peninsula is the best option for me right now, and it will help take me to the next level.” At press time, James confirmed that his agent Rich Paul, who has been overseas negotiating with the group, has not been heard from in six days.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/breaking-lebron-james-leaning-toward-joining-alqae,36417/

+2 HS
Bolt's picture

http://www.fearthesword.com/2014/7/9/5884225/cavaliers-andrew-wiggins-ti...

Wonderful. Now there's reports out that people believe the Cavs are offering Wiggins in a Love trade. I'm one step away from being a Bulls fan. If they completely mortgage the future for LeBron again and he burns us again...I'm done. If we trade Wiggins for love, Bron doesn't come, Love doesn't re-sign...we'll be left with the most pitiful roster in sports...have traded away draft picks and potentially the next big thing in basketball (Wiggins) and other young pieces. It'll be Kyrie and Anderson Verajao and a bunch of d-leaguers. Much like the team looked like the year after Bron left the first time. I can't believe this.

Baroclinicity's picture

I can't believe it wouldn't be a sign and trade... (but I don't know)

Bolt's picture

He'll only do a sign and trade if Bron is signed sealed and delivered. He won't sign up for a long term with the Cavs.

TraSmith4's picture

They wouldn't make the Love deal if they didn't know for sure they are getting Bron. I love Wiggins I don't want to trade him! Keep Wiggy!

On a side note LOL Cowherd just jumped on the Cavs bandwagon.... smh some people!

+2 HS
Bolt's picture

Would really be pissed if we trade Wiggins. 

+2 HS
TraSmith4's picture

ESPN who kind of broke the story on the Wiigins/Love deal now say that the report was bogus. I hope they are right. Wiggins reminds me of a more athletic Scottie Pippen, I want him in Cleveland for a LONG time!

TraSmith4's picture

LBJ, Kyrie, and Wiggins is enough to win the East!

-1 HS
js2378's picture

Why isn't anyone else concerned that outside of his rookie year, when he played 81 games, Love has averaged 57 games a year (including the shortened lockout season). I don't think you can trade away a prospect like Wiggins for Love.

+2 HS
d1145fresh's picture

I really doubt the Wiggins deal is a real thing. Mainly because I think Minnesota would have jumped on the deal right away since they can lock up a player of his caliber and Love is not staying there after next year (probably this year).

In reality I think the Cavs approach Lebron as follows: We have Kyrie and Wiggins locked down for the long term. Along with Waiters and TT. Bennett is apparently in good shape and might come close to his potential. That is one of the best "young" teams in the league right now. Plus your old friend Andy is still here and we now have the cap space to bring in Ray Allen and/or Mike Miller, both of whom Lebron likes playing with.

To me that picture is a lot better than an aging Wade, and what is going to have to be a max deal for Bosh now that Houston has made its move. Add Danny Grangier (who plays Lebron's position) and John McRoberts (doesn't blow your socks off). Then you have a couple of additional pieces you might have to add but it won't be anything great. Might be back in the finals next year only to lose to a team from the West, but it will be downhill from there.

+2 HS
Danify's picture

For what it is worth. 

js2378's picture

3pm vegas time or EST?

Danify's picture

Vegas (6pm EST)

Danify's picture

Double post 

TraSmith4's picture

The website is having issues it is double posting everything and will not accept any of my up votes... anyway I heard that the Cavs want to bring in Allen, Miller & Birdman if LBJ comes back. Would be a great veteran mix with the young talent!

Baroclinicity's picture

+1 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

Duplicate

Baroclinicity's picture

Triplicate

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

HEADS UP! Sam Amico is reporting that LBJ will announce his decision tonight on his website lebronjames.com

TraSmith4's picture

LOL that is worth a triple post!! Not even gonna complain :)))) I would even upvote all 3 of them if the website would let me lol

+1 HS
Citrus's picture

Yeah I don't buy the Wiggins trade story. THe Wolves don't have that much leverage. Wolves only gets something outta Love if they trade him. They only trade him if he agrees to an extension. That gives Love a lot of power. If he wants to play with LeBron, he could say "only Cleveland." I don't know what that package looks like, but Wiggins is too steep. Maybe Waiters/Bennet? Waiters seems like the odd man out, not Wiggins. 

+2 HS
Citrus's picture

Yeah I don't buy the Wiggins trade story. THe Wolves don't have that much leverage. Wolves only gets something outta Love if they trade him. They only trade him if he agrees to an extension. That gives Love a lot of power. If he wants to play with LeBron, he could say "only Cleveland." I don't know what that package looks like, but Wiggins is too steep. Maybe Waiters/Bennet? Waiters seems like the odd man out, not Wiggins. 

TraSmith4's picture

I still contend that they can get Love without giving up Wiggins!!!! Give up every draft pick for the next 3-4 years ship Waiters, Bennett and whatever else but if the Wolves won't bite on it just keep Wiggy!

Earle's picture

There's a league rule against trading consecutive #1 picks.  It is known as the "Stepien Rule" after the former Cavs owner who would routinely trade away future #1's for players of questionable value.

TraSmith4's picture

Was not aware of that... that makes sense though! I still say if LeBron just wins ONE ring in Cleveland it will hold more weight that if he were to win 2 or 3 more in Miami! Just my opinion :)))

d1145fresh's picture

No way they give up a bunch of picks. That is what killed the Cavs last time when they had Lebron. They couldn't develop any new talent and didn't have the cap space to bring in solid veterans. This is the same reason he is leaving Miami (hopefully). He is looking at his career and saying I have maybe 10 years left playing. What team is not just going to be good right now but will continue to develop as a good team in the next couple of years.

Danify's picture

Keep Wiggins, trade Waiters, Bennett, Thompson along with an few picks. LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Andrew Wiggins and Varejao is an heck of an lineup. I know it's unlikely Minnesota Wolves are trading Love without getting Wiggins, but I can have hope.

Citrus's picture

Thompson isn't going to move. Same agent as LeBron (Rich Paul). Waiters and maybe Bennet would be a great haul for a team that is going to have Love for one year. 

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

You are right Thompson will stay and get a nice extension as a massive Thank You to Rich Paul.

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Another one of those crazy rumors is that Nike just purchased a bunch of prime billboard spaces in Cleveland. You never know if these things are real or not but they all add fuel to the fire lol 

KB3RG's picture

unable to embed the tweet from work...

But Cedar point just said they will rename a roller coaster "King James" if he does go back to the Cavs

"Hey @KingJames – come back to the @cavs and we'll rename one of our coasters 'King James!'" said a tweet sent out by the park late Wednesday morning to 61,000 Twitter followers. "Ball in your court, sir."

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2014/07/cedar_point_offers_to_rename_c.html

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Paint it Wine & Gold and let's ride!

Citrus's picture

Notice that there are no rumors of Miami's plans to keep LBJ? There are no articles that outline how they can x or y piece or what Riley may have up his sleeve. Conversely, Cleveland's various plans have been sketched out in the media. 

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Yeah you are right! If this happens there is going to be a massive party on the lake if this doesn't happen there is going to be another meltdown because this has gotten to the point of no return.

TraSmith4's picture

The front page of lebronjames.com

Citrus's picture
-1 HS
Citrus's picture

This is a fake account. GRRRRRRRRRR Sorry folks

+1 HS
SteelBuckeye's picture

Faux Woj.  He tricked me also. Bastards. 

Fly Patterns's picture

Pretty sure that's a fake account homey.

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture
That Sir is an imposter!!
+2 HS
OSU069's picture

Was this announcing at 7 thing confirmed by anyone?

TraSmith4's picture

Nope it was just a report coming from a source in Cleveland but no way to really verify it because it didn't come from LeBrons camp!

*when it does happen though... Twitter is straight up going to break!!!!!!

OSU069's picture

Well it's 20 minutes past 7.... 

Sauce Bauss's picture

And Michigan still sucks

+5 HS
Dweinz's picture
+1 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture

This seems to be the first real report from a credible source. Huge. Please let this be really happening!

+3 HS
TraSmith4's picture

He is a credible source! Windhorst and Brousard both just tweeted that no final decision has been made yet but it could happen at any moment basically.

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

No I repeat No announcement will be made tonight :/

OSU069's picture

Damn it! Another day of checking twitter every 5 minutes. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

+2 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Dude!... Amen!... can't remember when I've had 2 completely unproductive days like these last 2 have been.

+2 HS
SilverState's picture
+2 HS
KingsRite's picture

USA Today is reporting that James is undecided and needs to talk to family.

Broussard tweeted lebron won't have anymore meetings with any other teams. Not looking good right now.

-1 HS
OSU069's picture

This has taken a turn for the worse. What did Riley do? Mind control? I've gone from optimistic to pessimistic about the likelihood of him returning. 

-2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

So very glad I didnt get myself caught up in the LBJ drama this time around.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

buckeyehub's picture

I was too lazy to read through most comments, so heres my little rant on why I believe it is nearly impossible to turn down the Cavs offer:

Correct me if I'm wrong on any information as well, please!

Say LeBron chooses the Cavs, this is what the starting lineup SHOULD look like:

Kyrie Irving PG, Dion Waiters SG, Andrew Wiggins SF, LeBron James PF, Anderson Varejao C

That would leave a very capable bench of Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett, Alonzo Gee & company.

Having Jarrett Jack and Tyler Zeller taken away with the three team trade between the Cavs, Nets, and Celtics, makes the deal possible.

LeBron may have some cut ties and some broken hearts in Cleveland, but I believe he still loves the city and Ohio itself. 

My prediction is LeBron to the Cavs, because it's his best option in my opinion. Again, correct me if I'm wrong on any information!

“Anyone can run the option. I can run the option.” - Urban Meyer
Let's beat the snot out of *ichigan.

+1 HS

+1....I'm way too tired to read your entire post, but I wanted to give you an upvote anyways. Your post looks like it took a lot of effort, but I totally agree with your second to last sentence.  

+2 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

I do believe Gee was in the trade for Haywood?  But I get the point.

Danify's picture

I'm just tired of all the rumors, sources, and fake twitter handles to trick media into quick trigger messages to try and be the first person to break the story. LeBron, for the sake of every fan in Cleveland, just make the decision, so we can enjoy your return or get excited for Friday's Summer League start against the Bucks.

KingsRite's picture

Stephen A. Smith is saying 100% that Lebron is coming home to Cleveland. Miami talk radio is self destructing.

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

If this happens the band wagon will break up!!!!!!!!!!

Earle's picture

If this happens, the internet will break.

+1 HS
Citrus's picture

DON'T  DESPAIR. This is happening. Think about it? Heat say they are confident, but the Cavs have acted confident. There are no "James staying" rumors out there. The Heat are not actively looking for pieces in free agency. All signs are pointing to a reunion. Bron's camp coulda put out some of these rumors. It hasn't. Brousard is calling it 85% Sheridan 100% Stephen A. Smith 100%.  Both guys calling it 100% where RIGHT in 2010 and called LBJ to Miami. Dan Lebatard's father just ranted against LeBron. Miami sees it coming, the media sees it coming, I see it coming. LBJ to Cleveland. Its Happening. 

Getting more interesting. 
Apparently a new page was added to James' website last night w/ cavs colors. It isn't linkable now. 
http://guyism.com/sports/web-developer-lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers....

Also, sorry for the fake Wojo story. 

OSU069's picture

What about the tweet by Jason Lloyd saying Lebron will not return to Akron and will instead go straight to the World Cup final from Vegas?

Baroclinicity's picture

Messi is going to be the interviewer a la Jim Gray from 2010?

Citrus's picture

Sheridan is saying that it will be reported before that happens. 

Baroclinicity's picture

I asked my friend who does web designing, and he's calling BS on the website story.  He said all templates and mock ups would be done internally on a test site, and then released fully in terms of content.  He said there is no reason to have blank pages with color schemes like what was on the tweet of @mattborcas. 

OSU069's picture

When did Stephen A put it at 100%? 

KingsRite's picture

TraSmith4's picture

Thanks for that link KingsRite! I missed that interview this morning. Stephen A. is rarely wrong!

KingsRite's picture

OSU069's picture

So is this actually happening today or are we going to have to wait a few more days?

KingsRite's picture

I'm hearing on 92.3 out of Cleveland that it will probably be after the World Cup is over with. Lebron is flying there now.

OSU069's picture

I kind of doubt that. Lebron knows he is holding up many other guys, including his friends D Wade and Bosh. I think it will be today or tomorrow.(For my sanity, it better be.)

Baroclinicity's picture

Kinda getting tired of this at this point.  Bordering on anticlimactic...

TraSmith4's picture

Word is LBJ's camp has contacted the Bath PD to give them heads up to have a force around his house after 3pm today... what does it mean?... who knows lol

Dweinz's picture
+2 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

This doesn't sound good to me.  Cops won't be needed if it's good news, although I'm not going to deny the need to play it safe here.

hodge's picture
+3 HS
AndyVance's picture

I head WBNS-FM's interview with the ABJ reporter who broke the police news, and he said that the word via the police from LeBron's people is that the news will be "overwhelmingly positive."

+2 HS

Seems like LeBron is getting ready to throw one helluva BBQ at his mansion.

TraSmith4's picture

actually he's going to go celebrate in Brazil he just wants his home to be safe lol 

+2 HS

That's a wise move on his part.

jamesrbrown322's picture

Posted this in the other LeBron thread, but just curious -

Would you rather have Baker to the Buckeyes or LeBron to the Cavs?

Really think LeBron's returning ? Then don't read this -

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-140710/big-name-players-do

As we know, ESPN and their experts are ALWAYS right.

TraSmith4's picture

not worried.... that article didn't sway me... they don't understand the mentality of Bron and his Wife who love their HOME IN OHIO!

Citrus's picture

ESPN wants it to be an unsure thing. More eyeballs that way. 

Steven A and Sheridan were right in 2010 and they are right now. 

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

Is this serious? If you are a Cavs fan it has to be James.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I'm a Buckeye first and foremost. And I'm a big LeBron fan, and will root for him (individually, if he remains with Heat) wherever he goes.

OSU069's picture

Well then it should be James because he is proven to be the best at his profession and makes your team an immediate title contender while Baker is just a high school kid with potential. But I'll take them both and call it a day.

Citrus's picture
+3 HS
Citrus's picture

Cavs acting with a sense of urgency 

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

You can feel it coming!!!!!!! 

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

If anyone wanted to know why LeBron requested police at his house... go to Twitter and you will see why... crazy!!!

+1 HS
Borrowed Time's picture

but I don't have twitter

jamesrbrown322's picture

Yep, could be a really out of control scene when they find out he's not coming back. 

He'd be best advised to just wait until to tomorrow and spring it on everyone as a surprise, to see if some of that crowd thins out around his house.

Citrus's picture

Me checking twitter for updates

KingsRite's picture

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/487447789476261889

James has plans to fly to World Cup over the weekend. Heat and Cavs expect his decision before he leaves for Brazil, sources tell Yahoo.

TraSmith4's picture

GOOSEBUMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TraSmith4's picture

the GOOSEBUMPS WON'T GO AWAY!!!!!!