Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Josh Gordon DWI

BuckeyePride's picture
July 5, 2014 at 3:44pm
41 Comments
Danify's picture

You would think the guy would stop and think about these things ....

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

It's a shame that these people make millions of dollars and this is what they do with it.

LEBRON

+2 HS
TicoVersion1's picture

Gordon actually only makes around $600K because he's still on his rookie contract. But your point remains extremely valid, he seems to be pissing away millions when his contract is up.

tdible2132's picture

The dude clearly has a substance abuse problem. It's that simple. The disease of addiction doesn't allow you to think clearly and logically and I just hope the guy gets the help he clearly needs. I for one won't judge him. Some time off to focus on turning around his life might be for the best.

+3 HS
ronbizi's picture

I'm sorry, but I will judge him.  Stuff that people consciously put in their body is not a disease.  This guy made a decision to use drugs and has no self control.  He does not deserve the talents that this world gave him.  I still wish him well, but I have no sympathy for him.

+2 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

I have to agree with Bizi. Just my personal beliefs

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

rosenbuck's picture

This.Just.Sucks.

I hope he gets help, but not with the Browns.  If he wants the play football, he has to follow the rules (whether or not you agree with them, that's the only way you get to play).  He has proven unequivocally that he has no intention of following the rules and doesn't care about the consequences for himself or for the organization and hundreds of thousands of fans he represents. And now it's not just getting high, but putting others' lives at risk by DWI.  I'm done.

+1 HS
luckynutz's picture

This is just...the worst. Seriously...what more do you need to see Jimmy? Ray? Mike? Sure, hes a stud on the field. But this all but ensures he wont see it for, at the very least, a year. Either get him help or get him on the next train out of town. This is getting ridiculous. Couldnt even wait to find out his fate from the last one...no, he had to up the ante of stupid tenfold. Good lord kid...whats wrong with your melon?

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Josh obviously has some serious problems off the field. I was really hoping that he would be able to play this season however now I am thinking I just hope he gets the help he needs and turns it all around. Great talent doesn't mean anything if you can't see the field.  

+2 HS
weimerad's picture

Hey, at least Johnny Douchebag has a drinking buddy!!! They can go to the bars and clubs and pick up chicks!!

-3 HS
bigtenspeed's picture

This comment is purposely ridiculous so it made me laugh. Even though I am Browns fan.

+1 HS
gumtape's picture

I hope that lebron decides to play football for the browns. ESPN would spontaneously combust the first time manziel the a ball to him.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

sharks's picture

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns front office go the addiction/needs help route, but honestly, I think this guy is just an idiot.  Nothing is his public history suggests he's an alcoholic, and weed ain't addictive.  He just does what he wants to do, and doesn't think about the consequences.

The Browns should suggest he drop his appeal, sit the year, get help and hit behavior milestones.  If he continues to screw up, you have to drop him.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+4 HS
House804's picture

You absolutely can be addicted to marijuana.  

We talkin' bout practice?!  Not the game I love...the game I die for.  Practice?!

-2 HS
route4buckeye's picture

HE IS ADDICTED TO WEED, GUYSM

-1 HS
DaytonBuck1980's picture

Bob Saget would disagree. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ARXHHevvr6Q

Still not giving a damn for the whole state of Michigan. 

+2 HS
exnwohiobuckfan's picture

That is one of the funniest movie parts ever.

IH8UOFM's picture
+6 HS
luckynutz's picture

Thats pretty telling right there...considering the source. Jackson was a class act and vocal leader in the Browns organization for years. He knows Josh...so Im guessing there may be more behind the curtain than people are privy to. Him reaching out could be nothing, but i highly doubt a guy like DQ woukd make this statement if there wasnt more happening.

+1 HS
MeyerMattaScarletHeroes's picture

Gordon needs to quit being so mentally weak, look in the mirror, man up...and HELP HIMSELF!

(He'll thank himself later.)

+2 HS
laser17's picture

.09 is a joke that's basically 2-3 beers in an hour. The guy wasn't drunk. The whole breathalyzer to determine if your intoxicated or not is the worst system there is. It's just a money grab by states/counties. I'm not condoning drinking and driving but honestly the system needs changed.

+5 HS
route4buckeye's picture

My buddy is drunk off of two beers. He has a seriously low tolerance. Not everyone's tolerance is the same. 2-3 beers does nothing to me while it makes others drunk.

+2 HS
1stYrBuckIClub's picture

It is a joke, but also thinking .09 = 2-3 beers is naive... I have a personal breathalyzer just to ensure I don't drive drunk (I would lose my professional license if I drive drunk). I tested the breathalyzer and after drinking 6 beers in a half hour (mind you they were only Michelob Ultras) and waiting 20 minutes I only blew a .07. So a guy of Gordon's size has to do some serious drinking to blow a .09

+1 HS
DaytonBuck1980's picture

That sounds pretty wild. I have a pretty high tolerance myself and I still feel pretty nice when I drink a sixer of anything in 30 minutes. I don't know if I'd put my faith in that thing. Plus it was reported that he said he had 2,3 vodka drinks. Typically mixed drinks have more than one shot in them. If his vodka drinks are like mine it coulda been a hell of a lot more

Still not giving a damn for the whole state of Michigan. 

laser17's picture

I'm not being naïve I know for a fact you can blow a .09 with 2-3 drinks. You might be the naïve one if you think you can drink a sixer and be under the limit. I would have to say that your breathalyzer is not working properly because if you drink 6 beers in 50 minutes you sure as shit will blow more than .07. Next time you see a cop ask him/her.

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

You drank 6 beers in 30 mins?  How? Bong style? Or drinking game? Better yet, why? If you have a professional driving license, not a good habit.

Go Bucks!

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Go 1 - memories of the Beer Bong - Don't know if I could pull that off now. Fraternity house memories - NICE

+1 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

I know at my current age I could not drink what I did in college - or in that manner. LOL Nor would I want to, at least the after effects.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
Citrus's picture

This guy is under such scrutiny he can't afford to drink anything and drive. That said, .09 is not "impaired" for most people. The limit used to be higher. Que someone saying that impairment begins at the first drink. Which is technically true. However, the impairment is so slight that its barely preceivable

+1 HS
ronbizi's picture

Best way to handle this issue...don't drink and drive.  Pay $20 for a cab anytime you put a drink in your body.  And if that's too much money, sit at home and enjoy that Natty light.  Everyone metabolizes alcohol differently.  Its not worth the risk of getting in trouble even if you feel sober after having a couple of drinks.   For the all the younger members of this community, this is experience talking.  I like having fun and going out.  But from the moment you step out your door and plan on drinking, have a game plan that does not involve driving a vehicle.

+3 HS
logamaniac's picture

well they also said they wouldnt comment on what tests were done either its entirely possible there may be more here than just alcohol involved.

+1 HS
Citrus's picture

Also, Gordon's latest troubles stem from missing a scheduled test. He was out of town and had some travel difficulty, missed the test. He took a test soon thereafter and was clean. At least, I read this somewhere. I think it was the speculation based on something Greg Little said.

HotSauceCommittee's picture

Josh Gordon continues to catch money on fire.

+4 HS
Rocket Man's picture

I'm old enough to remember Sam Rutigliano and the Inner Circle for substance abuse support.  That was back in the 70’s when the scourge of cocaine was going through the league.  If they don’t still have something like that program, I wish the Browns would resurrect it to help guys like Gordon.  Rutigliano was justifiably proud of it.

But in the short-term, I doubt he sees the field in 2014.

". . . It's because I don't buy one @*$%# drop of gas in the state of _ichigan! We'll coast and PUSH this @*$%# car to the Ohio line before I give this state a nickel of _y _oney!"

+2 HS
FloridaBuck's picture

Get drunk or whatever. But don't Fn drive. Dude has plenty of money to hire a driver or a cab. 
DJ Byrnes's picture

.09 could happen to anyone, but this is what happens when you speed regularly when you're sober. 

Browns shouldn't release him. He either plays for them or nobody at all. Phil Taylor (another good guy like DQwell) hinted at stuff behind the curtain as well. Hopefully Gordon can get his shit together.

#LifeOfaBrownsFan

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

lamplighter's picture

Makes me glad that they drafted some receiving help - oh wait

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Especially since they had an opportunity to do so Lamp

+4 HS
BierStube's picture

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+3 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

The guy has big money, he can afford a driver - why drive drunk?

Go Bucks!