Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

11W's ESPN World Cup Bracket Challenge Update

jeremytwoface's picture
July 2, 2014 at 5:29pm
11 Comments

For those of you who are in the 11W World Cup bracket group, here's a little update.

My bracket is crap... I have 29 points. The top right of my bracket is all wrong... I had Spain reaching the final, so there's that.

Anyway, the leader right now is bubpy222 who got all but 4 1/2 of the last 16 correct and has 6 of the last 8 correct.

So how is everyone doing?

BucksfanXC's picture

34 pts I'm hanging in there I guess. But Spain hurt me. Looks like Spain hurt a lot of people.

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

d1145fresh's picture

I'm sitting okay right now. 43 points. As much as it hurt to see USA lose yesterday it actually saved my bracket as I have Belgium advancing to the finals.

Byaaaahhh's picture

The U.S. was eliminated... Doesn't that mean the world cup is over?

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Wow I locked my picks but never checked back in and it didnt register any of my fucking bracket. O well I had the US over Germany or Brazil in the final.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Unky Buck's picture

I have 39 points right now. I'm in the top 15 I think. I have Argentina winning it and there are 3 ahead of me with them winning it as well, but I'm the only one of the 4 with Argentina over Germany in the championship game. If that scenario happens, I think I should win (although I'm not sure how many points that constitutes so I may still be on the outside looking in).

Jason Priestas's picture

31 points. That's what one gets when he has the U.S. topping Spain in the final.

Seattle Linga's picture

OHHHHHH that's hilarious Jason - Spain is already golfing!!!!!!!!!!!!! So is it safe to say you don't play the horses?

jeremytwoface's picture

31 points. That's what one gets when he has the U.S. topping Spain in the final.

And yet, you still have more points than me. Your total available points is going to suck though. 

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

BHT's picture

I am at #9, which is surprising considering I messed up the top of the bracket.

+1 HS
Bolt's picture

From the best I can tell...Germany wins, I win. Argentina wins, Unky Buck wins. Bring it, Buck!