Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

CAVS * NBA DRAFT & PARKER

TraSmith4's picture
June 25, 2014 at 4:03pm
40 Comments

This kid really seems to doing all he can to not end up in Cleveland! Why would the Cavs draft a kid who is out of shape, intentionally tanks his workout with them and who apparently doesn't want to be the #1 overall pick? He went on ESPN again today saying he is going to Milwaukee. Either take Andrew Wiggins and let him develop his ridiculous skills and become a superstar or trade the pick but forget Parker! 

Sabaneatspuppies's picture

Why would the cavs draft a kid who's out of shape, Intentionally tanks his workout with them and who apparently doesn't want to be the #1 overall pick?

Well they are the Cavs, they tend to do that kind of thing. Agree with drafting Wiggins 100 percent, the kid is going to dominate in a few years, especially with Kyrie at the point

"My idea of a good hit is when the guy wakes up on the sidelines with train whistles blowing in his head"

+2 HS
Earle's picture

Didn't the Cavs draft kids that were out of shape and didn't even work out for them the last two years?

Just say no to italics abuse.

+3 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Sadly. Yes. Dion Waiters. Out of shape and didn't work out for them. Anthony Bennett. Out of shape and didn't work out for them. 

+1 HS
703Buckeye's picture

Waiters was out of shape his rookie year but was in great shape last season and played very well.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

BassDropper's picture

I think Waiters has star potential. He just needs to know his role and try to make good with Kyrie. 

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

I was talking about pre-draft workouts. Both Waiters and Bennett did not work out for the Cavs prior to the draft and Cleveland still drafted them. 

Buckeyebrowny919's picture

I heard they were focusing on Wiggins which I believe is the best of the top 3 right now.

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

+1 HS
Fatpants's picture

This is Cleveland. This pick won't end well. I say this as a proud Clevelander.

+1 HS

50 bucks says they pick Stauskas

If they pick anyone who's name doesn't rhyme with Pandrew Swiggins couches will burn

"My idea of a good hit is when the guy wakes up on the sidelines with train whistles blowing in his head"

+3 HS

Hopefully sarcasm is obvious enough to survive without dots there

Seattle Linga's picture

Depends ... are you caught up on your dues?

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

On paper this looks like the most talented draft in quite awhile so at least it will harder for them to screw it up lol. The latest report is that Orlando has offered them the #4 pick the #12 pick and Aaron Aflallo and shortly after the offer they called Dante Exum to get him in Cleveland before tomorrow night. 

+1 HS
KB3RG's picture

If the Cavs can get that deal it may be too hard for them to pass

Trading away a potential superstar in Wiggins and could get Embiid who was the #1 choice before his foot injury. Yes he has a red flag for multiple injuries but maybe worth the risk. Could take a SG in the likes of Stauskas  or SF in James Young. Could help replace Deng if they are unable to sign him and work out a deal to maintain Spencer Hawes

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

It would be hard to pass up I agree but if Wiggins is putting up 25/9/6 and playing lockdown D in a couple of years and the Cavs still have no rings then I'm not sure if Cavs fans will just let that go. I just think that having 2 young energetic guys like Johnny Football and Andrew Wiggins who are both extremely marketable figures could put Cleveland sports back on the map sooner than later!

+1 HS
KB3RG's picture

Oh I agree. I am not a Cavs fan but if I were them I would keep the pick and take Wiggins. 

+2 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

With the #1 overall pick, the Cleveland Cavaliers select..........Thanasis Antetokounmpo.

Dan Gilbert - "we figured since we couldn't decide which talent was the best, we went for the longest name. I think it will work out better than last year where we decided to choose by throwing darts at pictures"

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+4 HS

+2 HS
Fatpants's picture

If you're going to quote Dan Gilbert do you have to do it in Comic Sans? Or is that only for angry Dan Gilbert?

+4 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

If font type was an option, I would have. Unfortunately..

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
Norwalk's picture

Gilbert - I walked past a homeless man this morning and he said "take Antetokounmpo."

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Maybe Key and Peele need to have a video for the basketball players

+2 HS
Danify's picture

Only way for the Cavaliers to screw up this pick is trading it for assets who are average and won't make an splash in the coming years. Looking at Utah and Orlando's deals. Now, Philly's trade deal is tempting as it provides the Cavaliers with Thad Young along with 3 and 10 (Joel Embiid and Doug McBuckets). However, for once Cavaliers ... don't overthink this good fortune and just draft Wiggins to pair with Kyrie and Dion.

+2 HS
Rjpfish2's picture

As good as Wiggins may become, passing up Philly's deal or Orlando's package of the #12 overall + Afflalo in order to move back three places and still pick inside the top five sounds like a bad move. AA has scored 15, 16, and 18 ppg the last three years respectively.

Jbucks's picture

all you gotta do is look at the last 2 drafts. Dion Waiters was outta shape for his workout, AB was out of shape and overweight for his workout. and now Parker is out of shape and over weight... THANK GOD we gotta new GM this year or else we would get the first overweight outta shape guy that walks through the gym doors

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

TraSmith4's picture

Do you think the decision is ultimately David Griffin's this year or how involved do you think Gilbert and Blatt are in all of this? These trade offers keep getting bigger and bigger from these teams who obviously want Wiggins. I read an article today that the Exum kid is possibly the next Kobe so who knows what is going to happen. 

Groveport Heisman's picture

The scouts even said his workout was so horrible it looked to be an intentional tank job. You cant  draft a dude that does shit like this. Wiggins mom holds Olympic records in the 200 and 400m,his father also I believe was a solid NBA player for like 6 years. Go google sports science Andrew Wiggins. He can stop dribbling outside the 3pt line and dunk with his huge strides. He has a 44+inch vert. Is just as quick as Chris Paul.Has a bigger radius then almost every NBA center and the kid is  all "TEAM" and a lock down defender who is just tapping into his potential. Wiggins is going to win a Championship somewhere I just hope to Christ the Cavs dont screw this up.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+4 HS
TraSmith4's picture
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fmodern\fcharset0 Courier;\f1\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;\red85\green85\blue85; } \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl260\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2

\f1 \cf4 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec4 \ }

+6 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Wiggins is the consesus #3 player in the draft. Granted the #1 player is hurt right now.

Utah is offering #5, Derrick Favors and Alec Burks, and might throw in another late first. That's a no-brainer if I'm Cleveland. Get a potential franchise center (Favors is only 22 and he's improving), a very good bench player in Burks, and with the 5th pick, they'd either end up with Embiid, Vonleh or Gordon.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

PittBuckeye's picture

Supposedly that wasn't actually on the table, that was a rumor floating around, and they were considering some combo of those pieces in an offer. If Utah offered that I think Cleveland jumps at it before they change their minds.

Groveport Heisman's picture

Thanks  Tra guess I was copying and pasting the same thing while you were. Great minds not only think alike they think in unison.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

lol you got it Bro!

OSU069's picture

I'm going to be pissed off if they trade this pick or pick someone other than Wiggins.

+3 HS
BierStube's picture

Either Parker tanked the workout ( I certainly hope not because I feel he is a good person) or he is not that good ... relative to what the Cavs are looking for. Either way, I would go with Wiggins... all around good player and the safe bet.

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

What I don't get is why experts think that Wiggins is a much more risky pick than Parker? He's not. With Wiggins, at worst you are going to get a guy who is extremely athletic and defends very well, and can score  easily in transition. I don't think he's risky at all.

+2 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Parker is another Carmelo if he develops a little bit more but Wiggins is a once every 10 year freak and his ceiling is so much higher than is Parker's. I like Wiggins, Exum, and Embiid (if healthy) over Parker.

I hope this report is true!

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24597121/reports-dan-gilb...

+1 HS
BucksFan2000's picture

Take Wiggins.  Then switch back to the unis from the LeBron era.  These new ones are terrible.

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

Yes. The uniforms now suck. 

Go1Bucks's picture

Think about it, if teams are willing to trade away multiple picks and players for the first pick, it says that there is something special about Wiggins.  Sometimes you just have to take what the gods give you and be happy.  Do not get greedy.

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Agreed - Especially if someone is going to give us more than what the pick is worth. I would be ok if they OVER TRADED with us.

+1 HS