Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

LeBron opts out of final year

Max Power's picture
June 25, 2014 at 3:45pm
19 Comments

Just heard on ESPN radio that LeBron informed Miami.that he will opt out of his final and will again test the free agent market. Of course this probably means absolutely nothing as he will more than likely ink another deal with Miami and make more money than he was due from his current contract.

Maybe someone can clarify, but did Bosh and Wade also sign deals including a player option for the final year?

With Carmelo deciding to opt out of his.final year, this is just LeBron ensuring that he is able to explore all possibilites. Common sense says that he stays in Miami and makes another run with Wade and Bosh but I guess time will tell. Where else would he go? Chicago with Rose possibly never being healthy? I have heard people mention the Clippers but why would he want to mess with that shitstorm? Houston might be a possibilty depending on if they can restructure a few contracts and make a couple big free agent moves. The market there is pretty big (4th largest city in USA if Im not mistaken) and the talent is there to compliment him. It will be interesting to see what happens with Carmelo and Kevin Love and if it affects Lebron in any way. I cant see LeBron and Carmelo being able to coexist on the same team but IMO Kevin Love would be an excellent teammate for James.

For any of you holding on to the dream of him coming back to Cleveland, it just wont happen folks. I would like to see Cleveland win a title even though I am a Cinci fan (Reds and Bengals). Toi much bad blood between him and Dan Gilbert to save that marriage.

So where do you guys see him playing next year? Does he stay in Miami? Does he give Phil Jackson his next MJ in NYC?

Buck Commander's picture

R e t I r e d !

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+1 HS
BierStube's picture

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+9 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+3 HS
OSUStu's picture

You just heard about this?

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+5 HS
Max Power's picture

Guess Ive been in the dark. 16 hr work days will do that I guess. If theres already a thread on this I apologize

+2 HS
OSUStu's picture

It is all good man.  It has just been discussed ad nauseam by all sports outlets for the past day.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

tennbuckeye19's picture

Iowa. Everyone's going to Iowa.

+14 HS
MacG91's picture

There were like 3 threads on this yesterday. 

Mac..yeah

Unky Buck's picture

Obviously that wasn't enough for Patrick Star...

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Heard LeBron committed to Kentucky 2 hours ago.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I bet he's getting a pay bump!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

Who is this, Scott Bakula?

When Quantum leaping goes wrong!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Well done, Squirrel. That had me rolling.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture
 Does he give Phil Jackson his next MJ in NYC?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Lebron wants to use his eligibility and play with Nick Bosa !

Mortc15's picture

Most see Lebron as a tight end, but could you imagine him as a DE.. Good luck blocking that. 

Buck-I4Life

true but why would you not want to take advantage of his speed and leaping ability down field. He is the size of a offensive tackle but he can run like Dontre Wilson. DE would be unstoppable but I much rather have him scoring touchdowns off of Braxton.

He would be a star at DE, but he would be beyond a star at TE. In a game where touchdowns matter, it would be better to have him scoring them.

although I really feel he could play both and be the throwback two way player. He would be the second player to win two Heismans!

+1 HS

to be serious for once, I am a Toronto Raptors fan (I was young and didn't want to bandwagon, so their inaugural year I picked them as my team. Helped that they drafted Damon Stoudemire who is awesome!).

My question is why not Lebron to Toronto? I know the typical hilarity in it and the fact its a Canadian team, but listen to this.

There is talent with Kyle Lowry and Demar Derozan. There is size with Amir Johnson and Jonas Valencunas. They have money and salaries they could dump to afford him. Its a large international city that I would put on level with Chicago. The fan base is nuts for the team, as everyone saw during the playoffs. Low expectations comparable to Bulls, Knicks, Heat and others. The head coach is solid with a defensive style. They seriously need a small forward! and the owner isn't Dan Gilbert. (plus Toronto isn't that far from Ohio either)

I know it won't happen and people will laugh about this but I think Toronto should be at least in some consideration for him or Carmelo (although I personally don't like Carmelo). They are a good team that can get to the playoffs, with a superstar they could be a challenger!

Seattle Linga's picture

I actually thought is was very hypocritical of P.R - the mafia boss-man to tell Lebron not to leave when things got tough. He left NY for a better deal and things got tough and he convinced Lebron to leave C-Town the first time for a better deal. 

+1 HS